Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Yep, I figure it has to be the great white throne judgment in the future. I don't think the confidence for believers in 2 Corinthians 5:8 applies to all men. When the unrepentant die they are placed "on second death row" into a temporary holding place (prison) to suffer until they are judged down the road.
I agree that 2 Cori 5:8 is only for believers, being "present with the Lord" is a privileged position indeed, but I'm not convinced that the unsaved don't "meet" God immediately after death.

Amos 4:11 I have overthrown some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a firebrand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD. 12 Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.

When an unsaved man's soul leaves his body, surely God explains to him why he is sending him to hell, and that explanation in itself would be a judgment.