General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

View Poll Results: Greatest Western "flick".........................
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly 1 9.09%
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
1 9.09%
Magnificent Seven 0 0%
Magnificent Seven
0 0%
3:15 to Yuma 1 9.09%
3:15 to Yuma
1 9.09%
Other: Which one? 9 81.82%
Other: Which one?
9 81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundy View Post
I dont know about a western, but "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" more or less described our last family get-together

fundy
Ah, so you had the inlaws and the outlaws over?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-27-2008, 09:34 PM

Touche', VR!
Old 11-27-2008, 11:35 PM

I voted Other: "The Man from Snowy River". It has been a long time since I saw it, but I remember the horse stuff the most. This scene of "The Descent" was pretty cool.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:03 AM
fundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
Ah, so you had the inlaws and the outlaws over?
Yep, as soon as I saw the War Wagon turn into the street, I knew it must have been High Noon. I told Annie to go Get her Gun,but she and the others had Gone With the Wind...

One of the Unforgiven was driving the Stagecoch, the other was looking a bit Pale after Riding such a long way, and Aunt Katie Elder, well, all she Wore was a Yellow Ribbon...and her son's were just plain Bad and Ugly.

I knew I had to get rid of them,or else lunchtime around the table would be like Dancing With Wolves. I offered them A Fist Full of Dollars just to get out of there, and one of them said they might...For a Few Dollars More. I spat a wad of chewin 'backy into the gutter and warned them that I could soon get a Fist Full O Dynamite that would blow ,em clear back over the Rio Grande!

Aunt Katie said they could still catch the 3.10 to Yuma if they hurried, I told them that Petticoat Junction ( it's sort of a western) was closer.

They all knew that all they were going to get from me was a Tombstone, there was no lunchtime Bonanza to be had here, so they hit The Big Trail and rode off into the sunset....what a bunch of Hombre's...

fundy
Old 11-28-2008, 02:20 AM

Default Creative Writing from "Down Under".

Fundy:--- That was You get an "A" on your Paper today, and the Thread Starter promises to send you a boxed set of John Wayne's Cavalry movies .
Old 11-28-2008, 02:50 AM

Default Greastest Western...?

As much as I wanted to vote for one of the BEST Movies EVER on celluiod- to wit; "The Magnificent Seven" !!! But since it takes place in a village ..."a couple days ride south of the Border..." It would actually be a "southern", rather than a "Western".

I voted "Other". The Greatest Western flick... would probably have to be one that covers "The Westward" movement.

It would have boats, rafts, canoes, wagons, buckboards, Rifles, Pistols, lances, Bows/arrows, Pioneers, Fur Trappers/fur traders, Indians, Soldiers, Locomotives and tracks and Track Layers, Cowboys, Gamblers, God-fearin' folk and saloon/show people, funerals and graves, and marriages and children, Criminals, Lawmen, Miners, Businessmen, Pony Express Riders, telegraph poles, buffalo herds. Therefore, I nominate:

"How The West Was Won".
Old 11-28-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundy View Post
Yep, as soon as I saw the War Wagon turn into the street, I knew it must have been High Noon. I told Annie to go Get her Gun,but she and the others had Gone With the Wind...

One of the Unforgiven was driving the Stagecoch, the other was looking a bit Pale after Riding such a long way, and Aunt Katie Elder, well, all she Wore was a Yellow Ribbon...and her son's were just plain Bad and Ugly.

I knew I had to get rid of them,or else lunchtime around the table would be like Dancing With Wolves. I offered them A Fist Full of Dollars just to get out of there, and one of them said they might...For a Few Dollars More. I spat a wad of chewin 'backy into the gutter and warned them that I could soon get a Fist Full O Dynamite that would blow ,em clear back over the Rio Grande!

Aunt Katie said they could still catch the 3.10 to Yuma if they hurried, I told them that Petticoat Junction ( it's sort of a western) was closer.

They all knew that all they were going to get from me was a Tombstone, there was no lunchtime Bonanza to be had here, so they hit The Big Trail and rode off into the sunset....what a bunch of Hombre's...

fundy

I'm glad I'm not part of your family, lol!
Old 11-28-2008, 03:13 PM
fundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
Fundy:--- That was You get an "A" on your Paper today, and the Thread Starter promises to send you a boxed set of John Wayne's Cavalry movies .
Why, thank you pardner....Cavalry movies, I love 'em...all those men riding around together, wearing yellow scarves, white gloves and tight blue trousers...no wonder the Indians ran off.

Hey PB I thought "North to Alaska" would be one of your favourites..

fundy
Old 11-29-2008, 02:57 AM

[QUOTE=fundy;

Hey PB I thought "North to Alaska" would be one of your favourites..

fundy[/QUOTE]

Naaa --- That was not... ummm shall we say, one of John Wayne's more Memorable films.

On a serious note; There is a very good book written by a Pastor Karody (The Late)---Titled: "On To Alaska".

He came up here before Statehood. He and wife/kids started in a car in Kansas (just about the center of the Country) and drove up through Canada. He was a Pastor with The Church of the Nazarene.

Great story on many levels. Missionary wise/Pastor-Family wise/ Eating Moose donated courtesy of the local Alaskan Railroad man who knew they were in need of food--- Oft times the Moose will attempt to attack the train...with the same result each time.--- Crunch! / Church building-Congregation building/ Dealing with local government officials/ Plus some good Adventure stuff that most folks who attend mega-churches with Big Screen- TV's and refreshment stands wouldn't or couldn't deal with.

You (anyone) don't need to be a Nazarene Church member to enjoy this book. I don't know if it still is in print anymore... Check with the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, or maybe Beacon Hill Pubs. ?? ... It's been many years since I read it.

{ Oops--- a bit "Off Topic" but I trust the Thread Starter will not mind. }
Old 11-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Grumpy Hillbilly

Lonesome Dove and it would be a hard choice between the original and Comanche Moon