General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

View Poll Results: Stuck on an Island for 20 Years.!!!!!!!!!!
NASB 4 36.36%
NASB
4 36.36%
NIV 0 0%
NIV
0 0%
ESV 0 0%
ESV
0 0%
Other: Which and why? 7 63.64%
Other: Which and why?
7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I voted Other since I'd take a Geneva over the NIV, NASB, or ESV anyday.
Me too, but TA isn't letting us do that. He insists that it be a version based on an Alexandrian text. I think he's trying to rob us of our Bibles, and when we all get to that deserted island, I'm gonna feed him to King Kong!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-16-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional Anglican View Post
OK, just for fun, (or torture ) Say you are placed on an Island for 20 years, you are provided with food, shelter, and potable water. Not a bad Island all in all! ONE CATCH, you can have one book! Must be a Bible and MUST be CT based (having fun yet ).What say ye?
Sorry, but after hearing the rules of Island captivity, I would pray for a way to smuggle in my King James Bible. I believe God will honor this specific request because He has promised:

Psalms 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Vendetta Ride...What's up with the new photo? Was the other one a picture of you?
Old 11-16-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
BUZZZZZZZZZZZ.....NO COUNT! LOL! The Geneva used the Received Text! Your "forced" choice MUST be a Critical Text. Nice Try However.
Sorry, I didn't understand what 'CT' meant.

Okay, I'll take a NKJV then.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:57 PM

Now I'm not allowed to take a NKJV either?

I'll take one of Brother Ruckman's commentaries, then...
Old 11-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post

Vendetta Ride...What's up with the new photo? Was the other one a picture of you?
No, brother. I get bored and switch 'em around. The other one was T. S. Eliot. Before that, I had Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes.

But I am a great admirer of Evander Holyfield. He's a real Christian gentleman, and has the most clear and consistent testimony for Christ I've ever seen in a sports guy.

I'll get back to Brett after awhile; he's my favorite avatar, although, sadly, he was not a Christian.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I voted Other since I'd take a Geneva over the NIV, NASB, or ESV anyday.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
My Dear Brother Stephen...........BUZZZZZ. Geneva uses the Received Test! Ok my friends, here goes, I am CRACKING down. One person said they would simply pray for an AV. OK there is are Nanny Cams (or Island Cams in this case) ALL over the Island! If you got an AV they would grab it. Someone else voted NKJV,again, NO DICE. Even though it does not follow the TR as well as the AV and has CT notations, I would still rule it a TR based Version. Some else wanted to be REAL sneaky and have some Ruckman books, Sorry, you may ONLY have a Critical Text Bible! Crackdown ended.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
My Dear Brother Stephen...........BUZZZZZ. Geneva uses the Received Test! Ok my friends, here goes, I am CRACKING down. One person said they would simply pray for an AV. OK there is are Nanny Cams (or Island Cams in this case) ALL over the Island! If you got an AV they would grab it. Someone else voted NKJV,again, NO DICE. Even though it does not follow the TR as well as the AV and has CT notations, I would still rule it a TR based Version. Some else wanted to be REAL sneaky and have some Ruckman books, Sorry, you may ONLY have a Critical Text Bible! Crackdown ended.
Oh I didn't read the CT part. Truth be told I don't think I'd feel comfortable with any of them. Besides, there have been countless Christians in jails, islands, etc without a copy of the KJB to accompany them. I have enough Scripture stored in my heart to keep me company till the Lord calls me home.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 11-16-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I am CRACKING down. One person said they would simply pray for an AV. OK there is are Nanny Cams (or Island Cams in this case) ALL over the Island!
Yes, BUT...

John 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

I'm safe in the arms of Jesus, Bro! There is nothing man can do.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Oh I didn't read the CT part. Truth be told I don't think I'd feel comfortable with any of them. Besides, there have been countless Christians in jails, islands, etc without a copy of the KJB to accompany them. I have enough Scripture stored in my heart to keep me company till the Lord calls me home.
I'm with you, Brother Stephen. I'd rather have real Scripture in my heart than a perversion in my hand.

TA, as I said before, I didn't know what you meant by 'CT'. Be kind, please don't come down hard on those of us who requested a Geneva or NKJV. Some of us probably just didn't understand the abbreviation.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:36 AM

Hello Traditional Anglican. Hey, You said 20 years..? Do you supply some reading glasses each year ? Some of us are way beyond "youngster" status..!

I also voted for the NASB. I used one for (The Open Bible using the NAS text) for about 25+ years. It is a "Word-for-Word Translation. It does use mostly the Nestle-Aland text (boo-hiss) , but at least they include verses that the foul/rotten NIV/TNIV leave out...albeit, they may put [Brackets] around those verses.

Another thing that the NAS does better than the NKJV is telling the truth about Homosexuality and the practioners of that vile corruption of The Creator's plan for men and women.

On the negative side---( besides not using the T.R.) --- Something I never liked about the NAS, is the badly worded/phrased way they translate John 1:18...