General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
I am 49 years young! You were a senior in high school when I was a freshman. I was anywhere from 30 to 32 when I got saved; I'm not sure at what point during that time I was saved. I was a late bloomer but I made it all the same.
Hey Sis! Well, we really are close in age! I'm so happy to hear that! I understand not being exactly sure at what point you were saved. It was a process - a waking up to realization? - for me. I was a late-bloomer also! Yep, we made it, sis!!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-20-2009, 11:09 PM

I've been registered for a while...but I consider myself a newb still. But welcome anyway!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
I've been registered for a while...but I consider myself a newb still. But welcome anyway!
Thanks! And same to you - since you consider yourself a newb. Are you a brother or a sister?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:44 PM

A brother. Brother Chris actually!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:26 AM

Very nice to meet you, Brother Chris!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
As to spiritual gifts, I'm definitely more of an encourager than an exhorter. I dislike when discussions veer off into name calling and/or threats. To me, that is immature and uncalled for. Since we are to be "one mind in Christ" (Rom. 12:16, 15:6; 2 Cor. 13:11; Phil. 1:27, 2:2; 1 Peter 3:8), the only thing that I can see is that some are not truly a part of the BODY of Christ or perhaps they just enjoy being contentious (1 Cor. 1:11; Titus 3:9)!

Yes, we are all DIFFERENT parts - but like a body, unless it is diseased, all the parts work TOGETHER for the good of the whole. Jesus Christ is the HEAD or the BRAIN that every other part must be plugged into in order to correctly function. I love that analogy! (1 Cor. 12)

Jassy
Why would a discussion veer off into threats and name calling, if one is truly being led by the Spirit of God? Sounds more like a person being subjective, in analyzing the intent of the exhorter or prophet.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
Why would a discussion veer off into threats and name calling, if one is truly being led by the Spirit of God? Sounds more like a person being subjective, in analyzing the intent of the exhorter or prophet.
biblereader - AMEN sister!

No need for boxing gloves here!! LOL

Jassy
Old 05-21-2009, 03:45 PM

Jassy - I'm lovin' you already sis!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:23 PM

Default Re: "My Intro"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Sis Beth - I graduated from high school in 1975. NOW who is feeling old???
Aloha Jassy, biblereader, greenbear, Bondservant40 and all those who have joined the AV1611 Forums recently,

Just to keep the "record" straight:

I am the "Crusty Old Curmudgeon" here. Born - June 1940; Saved October 1958; and a King James Bible believer - 1968.

Married 48 years; 7 Children; 17 grandchildren; and 3 great-grandchildren. Brother Tim is practically "a kid" next to yours truly. {It won't be long, if the Lord is willing, or unless He "translates" us out of this corrupt world, that I will reach the allotted "three score and ten". "It seems like only yesterday" }

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:30 PM

Yes, and my mama taught me to respect my elders. [even when they are losin' it. ] When I was a kid, there was a buddy in the neighborhood whose centenarian great-grandma sat in her rocker right in the middle of the living room. Every time we kids went through the room, she would take a swing at us with her cane. I think of her every once in a while when George gets on to me.

Truthfully, I highly respect George's wisdom.
Quote:
Leviticus 19:32 Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD.