General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:03 PM

Thanks for your honesty Luke. I am a preachers kid -struggled with the same things you are struggling with. Every revival meeting and preachers conference I hoped that something would click. But over and over again I found myself back in the same pit as before. After asking every preacher I knew for help- I finally went to the Lord, himself and prayed that He would show me in the scriptures the answer to my plight. I found what I was looking for, and life has never been the same. Are you interested in what I found?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-25-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Haifley View Post
Thanks for your honesty Luke. I am a preachers kid -struggled with the same things you are struggling with. Every revival meeting and preachers conference I hoped that something would click. But over and over again I found myself back in the same pit as before. After asking every preacher I knew for help- I finally went to the Lord, himself and prayed that He would show me in the scriptures the answer to my plight. I found what I was looking for, and life has never been the same. Are you interested in what I found?
I don't know about Brother Luke, but I'm interested in hearing what you found.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:40 PM

So am I

I am basically just drifting through life, without purpose or direction. I feel as though God is through with me. I missed my opportunities, and the desires of my heart have perished. MY heart is hard. I am unloving, unkind, jealous and angry at lots of people, and I don't want to be.

I get angry at my pastor very easily, but I don't go and tell him. I get angry at my father in law very easily, but I don't go and tell him. The problem is not with them, it's with me.

I know I should win souls, or try to, but honestly, it seems as though I don't care all that much. I'm ungrateful to God. Sometimes I think I don't even believe, or care that He died for me.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:19 AM

Luke at 27years old God is hardly through with you.
Maybe you are doubting your salvation because you think if your'e saved you wouldn't be unloving,unkind,jealous,angry at your Pastor or father in law.But a saved man is capable of all this and more,we have two natures that war against each other.

Is there a specific reason(s) for your inward anger toward your father in law?
Is he usurping your position as head of your house maybe?
Is your Pastor expecting too much of you as a young man,trying to guilt you to do more?
Have you burnt out from doing too much maybe?

Try not to base your salvation on what you feel,think or do and then doubt you are saved.You are saved by what Jesus has done,He paid the price and now you are on a journey of working out your salvation and it maybe you are under too much outside pressures at the moment to feel or understand His direction for you.

Saved people do doubt and wonder about themselves and God...but at the end of the day "we know too much" we have learnt too much about God and have experienced His tender ways as well as His rebukes to not trust Him.

Hayseed
PS I have a married 27 year old son and he has felt far away from God at times too,as has my married 25 and 22 year old sons,their wives,Dad and me at times at 63 and 54.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
So am I

I am basically just drifting through life, without purpose or direction. I feel as though God is through with me. I missed my opportunities, and the desires of my heart have perished. MY heart is hard. I am unloving, unkind, jealous and angry at lots of people, and I don't want to be.

I get angry at my pastor very easily, but I don't go and tell him. I get angry at my father in law very easily, but I don't go and tell him. The problem is not with them, it's with me.

I know I should win souls, or try to, but honestly, it seems as though I don't care all that much. I'm ungrateful to God. Sometimes I think I don't even believe, or care that He died for me.
Brother, don't ever draw any conclusions based on what you feel or what you think, ever! Always, and again, always, base your conclusions on what God said.

You said "I feel as though God is through with me."
God said "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

You said "Sometimes I think I don't even believe."
God said "If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself."

Let God be true brother, let God be true.

It's saddening to read of your frame of mind Luke, I pray God will revive your heart soon and guide your feet into the way of peace.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:30 AM

Luke,

this is all of the Enemy trying to get you to be ineffective in witnessing. sounds to me you need a calling and that you may have to much free time on your hands. we all sin don't let anyone fool you. We grow in grace in those areas that we do sin and sin less as result of God's grace.

remember Romans six 1) reckon (recognize) yourself dead to sin and also reckon the areas you do sin. 2) Yield to God's righteousness (that which is imputed to you) and to personal righteousness and 3) serve God.

Then read Romans seven Paul struggled with personal sin too. come now if super Christians Paul struggled what more do you expect for all who want to live Godly in Christ Jesus.

Take a break and come over here to Palawan, you can stay free of charge here at our place all you need is a passport and you can stay up to two weeks with no special visa requirement.

Peopleoftheway, could use some help in Ireland setting up a Bible believing fellowship pray about going there for a little bit to help set up a new fellowship. Lots of opportunities for you to serve God just where your at I bet. you just don't see them.

May I suggest a book, "the school of Christ" by T. Austin-Sparks you can send for it free at: Emmanuel Church 12000 E 14th Street, Tulsa, OK 74128-5016 or call 918 838 1385 or 918 437 7064 it is a great book. your salvation is never based on how you feel or what circumstances you are in currently in your life. it is all part of Growing in Christ Jesus

Last edited by chette777; 03-30-2009 at 03:38 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
So am I

Brother if God was through with you, you would be dead. Your 27! God will humble you and bless you with plenty of opportunities God Sparing us!
Have you ever sat down and thought that God is "testing" YOU. I have felt exactly the same way, gotten angry at pastors and people for their treatment of Gods word and their sheer unbelief. I have felt hard hearted and unloving at times.
In these last days, and Brother we ARE in the last days there is a spirit of apostasy that is setting into peoples hearts, hardening them to the truth causing Gods people to doubt and once that seed of doubt is planted the devil is going to try his hardest to water it!

Get back up, adjust that armour into the right place, take your sword in your hand and Fight back!

Proverbs 24:16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post

You said "Sometimes I think I don't even believe."
God said "If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself."

Let God be true brother, let God be true.
I have clung to that promise for myself and others I care about.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:45 PM

Luke I was feeling this way for about the last week and a half. Times like this come. You can't look to yourself or others just to the Lord. I was having serious doubts yesterday, but I just had a little talk with Jesus, and asked him to forgive me for doubting him. You'll get through it.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:34 PM

Default Luke

I had this same conversation with a friend last night. I just started looking at this forum today so it's kind of odd that I spotted this. I was struggling for 2 weeks or more with the same feelings your going through. You can't let doubts get you down. I think some people can just believe and not have serious doubts. It's a gift. People like you and me struggle because we're the type of people that have to find answers to all our questions and understand all the little things and forget about the main reason we're saved. Jesus Christ. Don't get hung up on little things. Keep your focus on the Lord and stay in his word. As for you mentioning Calvinism and the internet, I can only say that you need to stay away from Internet teachers. Not all are bad, but it's very easy to fall into traps setup by Satan. Just because a website say's it christian doesn't mean that Satan isn't behind it(this is part of my problem), and it can cause you to have serious doubts. Stay in your bible, stay on this forum and go to baptist1611.com as well. If you or anyone else would like to email me for some support and vice versa my email is johngibbons89@yahoo.com