General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Forum Administrator

Default A little Forum experiment

Some of the ruckus in some of the threads here have driven me to near apathy over the forum. So, I decided I would try an experiment.

Instead of shutting down the forum, I've taken a look at the small group of posters who are constantly injecting vitriol into threads. Not just sometimes, but pervasively. And I am not talking about "tone." I am talking about substance. So, I am handing out a few temporary bans. We're going to have a little vacation for one month from a few people. I want to see what happens.

Let me be clear about two things:

1. I am not seeking a debate-free forum. There is nobody here who posts with any substantive frequency that I always agree with. There are lots of people on both sides of several issues -- dispensationalism, church governance and structure, etc. I am not singling out people who disagree with me. I am singling out people who are constantly making things personal and tending to avoid Scripture in doing so.

2. This is my forum. If you think I am being a poor moderator, go somewhere else. If you have a criticism to offer over what I am doing, email me privately, do not insult me or insinuate things about me on my dime. If you don't like it here, you can go start your own forum. It's not hard, and then you can be the one people complain about when someone else posts something they don't like and you don't automatically delete it.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-13-2009, 02:51 AM

Works for me, Brandon.

AMR
Old 07-13-2009, 10:28 AM

Default Hi Diligent

Thanks for running the forum, I love it and am learning alot from it.
You are right - it is your forum and your bucks!

The only question that I have is: will we be informed of who the people are that are going to be temporarily banned or will we just not encounter their posts for a time?

God bless

PaulB
Old 07-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Forum Administrator

Their names will show "Banned." I'm not going to be announcing these. This is somewhat of an experiment where I hope to find out if removing a few people will create some peace in the forum. If it doesn't work, I'll likely be shutting the forum down to focus on other things.

Thanks,
Old 07-13-2009, 01:27 PM

Brandon

My only concern is that I'm going to be awfully confused if I meet you in person someday and you don't look like Captain Kirk.

Seriously, this is the best Bible forum I've seen.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:59 PM

Hello again Diligent - I hope that you don't decide to close the forum down as you have created a place where people are connecting over vital issues and learning from each other. But if you decide that enough is enough will you give us all a few weeks notice so that we can gather together in another forum and carry on with the good work (that is if someone takes the initiative and invites us all!)
If you just close it over night I am afraid that alot of us may never cross paths again. All of this is new to me so I am just learning the ropes at the moment.

I do appreciate what you are doing Brandon.

God bless

PaulB
Old 07-13-2009, 04:16 PM

Instead of shutting it down, do you think you could set someone else up as moderator. Someone who will be unbiased in their judgments. From what I have seen, Brother George might be a good choice. He is mature, well studied in the scriptures and has a godly attitude towards unbelievers and bible correctors.

My other choice would be Vendetta Ride. He isn't a big poster (just over 200 posts), but he is a very mature Christian and well versed in the scriptures (he posts a lot at baptist1611.com).

God bless and thanks for the forum
Old 07-13-2009, 05:05 PM

I agree with Luke. Brother George or VR would be good moderators.

The only regret i have is not being able to add to the forum as much as i would like.

There are far more educated christians here than myself.

May God direct you in your decision,whatever that may be.

Jeremy
Old 07-13-2009, 05:37 PM

sounds good.

We are praying for you.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:49 PM

Whatever the decision, Brandon, I know the Good Shepherd has directed and will direct you. That's perfect for me. In the meantime, may we each purpose to:

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.