Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Revangelist

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Philippians 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

I believe in Jesus, beloved57. But I don't believe your interpretation of how a person is saved. It is pretty obnoxious of you to say a person doesn't believe in Jesus if they don't agree with you.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-26-2008, 09:35 AM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
Ephesians 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
And what is your point ? Obviously you dont understand this what you just posted..lol
Old 03-26-2008, 09:37 AM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revangelist View Post
Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Philippians 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

I believe in Jesus, beloved57. But I don't believe your interpretation of how a person is saved. It is pretty obnoxious of you to say a person doesn't believe in Jesus if they don't agree with you.

All you have done here is group a bunch of scriptures together, but have not given the sense of none of them, for they all teach various truthes..you are presenting them incoherently..
Old 03-26-2008, 09:39 AM

You need it if you don't see the point.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
The gospel reveals to the elect their salvation..
Oh, so all the "elect" have to do is hear the gospel, and then their predestinated salvation is "revealed" unto them.
Is that how you were saved?
What happened to them believing and calling?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:48 AM
beloved57

Quote:
Oh, so all the "elect" have to do is hear the gospel, and then their predestinated salvation is "revealed" unto them.
Is that how you were saved?
Yes yes and yes..

Jesus came to reveal salvation to his sheep, his elect..

lk 1:

77To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

acts 13:

26Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent

acts 10:

36The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all

God sends the message of the gospel to his elect to hear..

hear paul 2 tim 2:

10Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Quote:
What happened to them believing and calling?
Nothing happened to them..
Old 03-28-2008, 09:01 AM
jerry

God sends the Gospel to all. And we don't have to just hear the Gospel, we need to receive it and believe it - receive the Saviour and His gift of salvation. He calls us through the Gospel:

2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We need the preparatory work of the Holy Spirit (convicting, enlightening) and the preaching (or reading) of the Gospel to be saved.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:28 AM

mixing all "elects" and mixing all "gospels"
Old 03-28-2008, 10:23 AM
beloved57

only all the elect have been saved, and God sends them the good news and they believe..

There is no gospel at all for the non elect, for their portion is the lake of fire for their sins..
Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 AM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
God sends the Gospel to all. And we don't have to just hear the Gospel, we need to receive it and believe it - receive the Saviour and His gift of salvation. He calls us through the Gospel:

2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We need the preparatory work of the Holy Spirit (convicting, enlightening) and the preaching (or reading) of the Gospel to be saved.
The passage you posted here is actually agreeing with me, lol only the chosen ones are sent the gospel..

The sanctification of the Holy spirit is giving them their newbirth and faith to believe that they are saved..

Only the chosen are called to obtain [come into the knowledge of] their salvation..

So you continue to show your lack of understanding lol..