Missions Support For missionaries and those who wish to support them. This forum is strictly for missions aid request, support, praise, and prayer. Off-topic posts will be deleted unceremoniously!

Old 11-01-2008, 02:44 AM

Location: We moved from London in 2007, and now live Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Default Re:Supporting our work in Bangladesh!

Dear Friends,
My wife and I are working for the LORD in Bangladesh....after selling our home in the U.K. this year and moving permanantly here to live. We live in Dhaka but travel to various parts of the country with our Mobile Clinic work, providing free treatment for those in most need and sharing Christ with them. We use the help of other NGOs some not Christian, like Smile Trian International who provide free cosmetic surgery for children with cleft palates. Also the Korean Presbertarian Hospital who provide treatment at very low cost to the poor. There are a number of projects we are engaged in at the moment as well as planning to start in the near future and would appreciate any practical help and involvement from believers from any Bible based denomination, we ours selves are Classical Pentecostal. But I regularly minister in Baptist, Methodist, Presbetarian and Evangelical churches.
We intend to open a small Bible Training Institute for 6-8 students in April when the building construction is finished of a small apartment we have purchased here. If you are a gifted Bible Teacher...and NOT involved in the Emerging Church heresy, Dominionism or the Prosperity so called Faith teaching gospel propergated by Copeland, Hinn, Meyer and a whole host of others we would welcome your help.
We are also opening our first Orphanage in Dhaka in Bangladesh for 12-18 very needy orphan children as well as 4-6 children with Special Needs. We value your prayers for this venture in particular, as well as any support as the LORD directs you. It would be great if any serious believers would consider coming to Bangladesh for a short 10 days-2 week visit as a holiday. Seeing the needs and becoming a prayer partner and Mission representative in your church or assembly.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you,
In Him and in His Service,
David and Alice
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-01-2008, 11:01 AM

Brother, do you have a website about your work? It would be nice to see some pictures and information about yourself and your sending church.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:35 AM

Location: We moved from London in 2007, and now live Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Default Re: MC1171611 and your questions.

Dear brother,
Many thanks for your response and enquiry to our posting. At the moment we do not have a website, but have been (reluctantly) persuaded of the benefit & advantages of having one. We are in the process at the moment of setting it up and I hope it will be up and running by December, God willing.
As far as our sending church and support is concerned, we are totally independant. I pastored in the U.K. Assemblies of GOD for 4 years in the early 1990's but left the denomination because of the direction it was taking. I witnessed the introduction of what I believed to be false doctrines and unscriptural practices and decided that I could no longer be associated with such things.
Although, having said that we do have the backing and support of a number of AoG pastors in the U.K. and Australia, including the former U.K. Overseas Missions Chairman brother Ray Belfield and his wife Barbara, and the former General Secretary of the AoG in Australia brother Philip Powell and his wife Kath, all of whom remain personal friends of ours.
We are prayfully supported by a number of believers in Australia, New Zealand
the U.S.A. and the U.K. and I can supply contact details if you require.
At the moment we are self funding, but see the need for help from others in the Body of Christ as the work expands as the LORD seems to be doing.
As I shared in my appeal we are planning to open a small Bible Training Institute and an Orphanage in the near future and will need Sponsorship for the students and the children, as well as furnishings, books, KJV study Bibles and study materials etc. The needs are indeed great, but we believe GOD is able. This is also why we want folks to come and see the situation and help us in the work here in any way they can.
Thank you again for your enquiry. Please feel free to email us directly at the following address: banglamissionuk@yahoo.co.uk
The LORD bless you!
David and Alice