Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusionznc View Post
Preferably without footnotes.. I'm not sure if center column references to other scriptures are ok ?
Yes, it's okay to have references to other scripture in the center column or side margins.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-18-2008, 12:35 PM

Footnotes I don't like myself, but references are a great Bible study tool That's why I love my Thompson Chain Reference Bible so much.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Bro. Parrish

IMO, chain referencing is one of the great tools for understanding the Bible.
I have written many of my own chain references throughout my Bible, I love comparing scripture with scripture... just connect the dots for more of God's Truth!
Old 12-18-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
What's that? There are text files available, also at http://bibleprotector.99k.org which can be changed to certain file types or formats from plain text.
LaTeX is a markup format that is often times used by printers. It's extremely powerful, and would facilitate printing a PCE textblock much easier than a txt or pdf file.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 12-18-2008, 09:25 PM

Default Chain Reference Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
IMO, chain referencing is one of the great tools for understanding the Bible.
I have written many of my own chain references throughout my Bible, I love comparing scripture with scripture... just connect the dots for more of God's Truth!
Amen there Bro.Parish.
I have done the very same.
I would take various topics such as salvation, The Holy Ghost, Faith, and other good doctrines and print the first reference in the front of the Bible.
After that, when I found another, I would add the reference at that verse. So some get long, and some cross with other topics so sometimes colour is good.
I found it a great tool for witnessing, because it was the word of God and what I personally have worked at it as well, giving me ownership of it.

PeterAV
Every word of God is pure:
Old 12-18-2008, 09:30 PM

THESE are indispensable if you're going to do your own cross-referencing or serious Bible notation. Not a terrible price, either.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
THESE are indispensable if you're going to do your own cross-referencing or serious Bible notation. Not a terrible price, either.
SOLD!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:03 AM

I use Sakura Pigmas as well and I like them. You may need a thinner size though depending on the font of your Bible. I use the .25mm, and am about to try the .20mm. The .25 is just a little too thick for the print in my new Bible.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:18 PM

I still couldn't imagine writting in my Bible. I mean, after reading the Bible enough, with highlighter in hand, the whole thing will end up highlighted. I mean the whole thing at one point or another just blows me away. So I guess in my minds eye my entire Bible is highlighted.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 12-19-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I still couldn't imagine writting in my Bible. I mean, after reading the Bible enough, with highlighter in hand, the whole thing will end up highlighted. I mean the whole thing at one point or another just blows me away. So I guess in my minds eye my entire Bible is highlighted.
I have to agree, and strangely enough, I have been attacked from the pulpit for my habit of making notes on paper and bookmarking the appropriate Bible pages with them rather than scribbling all over the pages of the Bible. Yes, it is an expensive Bible, but God bought it and will buy me another one, but to attack someone because they don't take scribble notes and take care of their Bible seems a bit weird to me. I just prayed for the fellow at the pulpit to be a bit more open-minded about the whole deal.

Take the Book of James, for example...go read it right now and tell me which parts you WOULDN'T underline rather than the ones you would. It is a lot shorter list, I bet...

With my Thompson, I will make an occasional side reference, usually from the NT to the OT if Dr. Thompson hasn't done it. Not a big deal.