Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:18 AM

Default Spirit of heaviness over the recent election.

Okay, time for my first real "serious" post. First off let me say that I know that discussing the new president can be a touchy subject and that I am NOT trying to start a "bash Obama" thread.

Ever since the election, I have felt a spirit of heaviness about America. Just for clarification, I don't mean like "I've felt possessed" or anything like that, just that for the first time, I have really, truly noticed how far gone our nation has become.

Let me say for the record, I do not believe Obama is the antichrist. I am not a conspiracy theorist (at least in the nutty sense of the word.) However, I truly do believe that his election has signalled a turning point in our country's history. Never before (and perhaps I am wrong, I'm 38) in my lifetime have I seen such a godless, immoral, totally unfit person elected president. Bill Clinton was bad. REALLY BAD. But even after his election, there was still some hope that America might turn around again.

My fear is that America is now on a rapid downward spiral, both morally and in our leadership position in the world. Our days as the world's foremost superpower, both financially and militarily, are quickly coming to an end.

By electing Obama, America has (like the Jewish nation of Old Testament times) finally put its thumb in the eye of God for the last time. I believe that He is going to withdraw most, if not all, of his protection that we have enjoyed since our founding. We (as a country) cannot go on flagrantly violating his holy laws without consequences. I believe that 9/11 was only a taste of what is to come. Sadly, we are so short-sighted and stubborn that the horror of that day (which at first turned many back to God) has now been scrubbed from our memory.

Like I said, I am not blaming America's downfall on Obama. He is only a symptom of our problem. We (and I include the church first and foremost) have left God and His ways. We have allowed the once greatest missionary country in the world to become a moral cesspool in which abortion, homosexuality, immorality of every stripe, vulgar "entertainment" and games to become so ingrained in our culture that now Christians are looked at as intolerant bigots who need to be "shut up." I truly believe that in spite of Obama's claims to be a "Christian," we will soon see more and more restrictions on witnessing, using the name of Christ in public and worship.

Sorry if this post is a downer, but I want to know if I am the only one here who is sensing this. God has really been dealing with me to get my walk back on track with him and be consistent. Honestly, I have never before so wanted to see the rapture come as I do now. For the first time, I truly see Bible prophecies coming true almost on a daily basis.

For example, the Bible speaks of a spirit of deception overtaking the people in the final days. If that does not describe America and its attitude towards President Obama, then I don't know what does. What do we really know about this man? The news mafia has so totally protected him during the election that it is nearly impossible to even raise a criticism of him, no matter how legitimate, without incurring their wrath.

But what is truly scary to me is that people WANT TO BE DECEIVED. They don't WANT to know the truth. "Itching ears," indeed. Not just the unsaved, but the church as well. How in the world can so many so-called Christians get taken in by Rick Warren and his ilk? Are we that Biblically illiterate in this country?

So am I totally off base here? Lately I feel that God has really been impressing on me the importance of getting back in His Word. If there was ever a time for a "John the Baptist" style preacher, then today is the time. We (I), especially the church, need to REPENT. Repent from our dead works, our pride, our self-satisfied routine. We must wake up and "redeem the days" because our Lord Jesus is coming back very shortly.

I know this might be a bit of a rambling post. Hope a few good points were made along the way. So, what do you guys think?

Anyone else here feel that we are rapidly approaching the close of the church age?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-24-2009, 12:24 PM

Paradigm- I agree. I have noticed that people are freely buying into the lies, the Christian voices are fading, and our God-given liberties are slowly being stripped, to make way for all-believers or non-believers so there won't be any dissenters. I think Obama is just a warning to all of us of what is yet to come. It would make sense that we get what we ask for, because God gives us who we elect. If Bush was bad enough, this one is going to make us fasten our seat belts, cause Kansas is going bye-bye!

Also, if anyone heard of this 2012 thing, I fear it may cause a great distraction. No one in the History of Mankind, in a Global term, has ever acknowledge one date for the end of the world; at the same time the Bible says only God the Father knows the time. So 2012 is probably going to be a trick to drain everyone economically, spiritually, socially, physically, and bring about such chaos. I don't know, that's my current rationale right now. Best not to think too much about it, and instead to keep my eyes fixed on God's Will and his Word.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:54 PM

I agree with you also, I first became alarmed about Obama when I saw the huge crowd of over two hundred thousand Germans crying, screaming, and grasping for Obama. It reminded me of scenes of Germans worshipping Hitler in the 30s. I actually wondered if Obama were the Antichrist and did a search. There was actually a web-site devoted to this.

http://www.barackobamaantichrist.blogspot.com/

What really amazed me was that tens of thousands of people across the world had this same suspicion about Obama.

But as I watched the election, I came to believe O could not be the AC, he made stupid mistakes here and there, and even the media criticized him (very mildly) for coming across as a messiah.

But after this election I am kinda swinging back. It is not Obama that amazes me, it is the many millions of people, not just in this country, but worldwide who absolutely worship him. There is no other word for it. The media is completely infatuated with him. The other day a co-worker came in with a tee-shirt that shows Obama tearing off his business suit to reveal his Superman costume beneath! Over and over you hear people saying, "Obama is going to change the world!" I have never seen this degree of hysteria for a man in my life.

And things are going to get much worse. I saw an advisor to the very rich Wall St. types on TV who said there is another type of loan (can't remember the name) that is coming due in late '09 to mid '10 and there is going to be another huge real estate crash. Then he said a crash in commercial real estate would follow that.

At first all this bothered me, but in the end it was very good for me. I got very convicted myself on being a better Christian, the days are getting short. I am reading my Bible more than I have in years, and a peace has come over me. I am saved and our Lord Jesus may be coming very soon. We may be a very blessed generation to be those alive when he returns.

So, I don't worry about it, the Lord will take care of us. It's the unsaved folks who need to be very concerned. We should take every opportunity we can to tell folks about Jesus.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
At first all this bothered me, but in the end it was very good for me. I got very convicted myself on being a better Christian, the days are getting short. I am reading my Bible more than I have in years, and a peace has come over me. I am saved and our Lord Jesus may be coming very soon. We may be a very blessed generation to be those alive when he returns.

So, I don't worry about it, the Lord will take care of us. It's the unsaved folks who need to be very concerned. We should take every opportunity we can to tell folks about Jesus.
Amen, brother. I, too, believe that the election of Obama and the ongoing mass adulation of him is just a warning for all born again children of God, a reminder that Jesus is coming, very soon. We need to get serious about our Lord, and what He wills for us.

And yes, the Lord is still in control.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:37 PM

Default Re: "Spirit of heaviness over the recent election."

Aloha Paradigm Shift,

You are not alone - this is something I have believed for some time now.

In the past few months I have written about some of the very same things that you have mentioned in your Thread. The following links will demonstrate that you're not the only one who feels that Almighty God is just about DONE with America:

05/31/08
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...95&postcount=5

10/12/08
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...4&postcount=11

10/30/08
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...2&postcount=31

11/02/08
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...8&postcount=47

12/24/08
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...1&postcount=19

I believe that the apostasy is here to stay, until we are taken out of the way {SOON I hope!} Until then we are to remain "valiant for the truth" (at all costs) and faithful to God!

Jeremiah 9:3
And they bend their tongues like their bow for lies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, saith the LORD.

1 Corinthians 4:2
Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:51 AM

no matter what takes place, we can not mess up Gods plans. if this is whats suppose to happen, me must stand fast the word of God. Im not against any new Pres. I feel That its not mans will but the will of The Lord that all things that happen, happen. Nothing we can do about it. The Lord knows all things before they happen.

Our Trust should not be in Obama or any other President or (human period) Our Trust should stay on The Lord God.

Last edited by MrSmith; 02-02-2009 at 08:06 AM.