General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

View Poll Results: Mac vs PC
MAC of course! 8 0.79%
MAC of course!
8 0.79%
PC... I use computers for real work 1,011 99.21%
PC... I use computers for real work
1,011 99.21%
Voters: 1019. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:56 PM
chette777's Avatar
chette777 chette777 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Puerto Princesa City, Palawan Philippines
Posts: 1,431
Default

Tim,

yeah I know the feeling. I now do very little hardware troubleshooting as I did from 97-2002. almost everything is on board now. Other than the video card if you loose one on board component best to replace the whole board.

I was amazed to see a young man here replace the Capacitors on the Motherboard by hand. it is very difficult to do if you get solder on any other hardware pathway the whole board is ruined.

In Taiwan the whole thing is done in one press of a computerized soldering machine. first the workers place all the components face done on a rubber type template that hold the parts in place, then the certain type of board that matches the template is pressed down and soldered by the machine all at once.

Last edited by chette777; 04-01-2009 at 09:04 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
  #32  
Old 04-01-2009, 11:26 PM
tonybones2112's Avatar
tonybones2112 tonybones2112 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Hoorah. There is a G-5 and a 2009 Dodge Challenger in my future. My cup runneth over and the speeding tickets will be incredible...

Grace and peace and I hope those Dodges have a Slap Stick...

Tony
  #33  
Old 04-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Cody1611's Avatar
Cody1611 Cody1611 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 177
Default

I use PC with Windows XP and Vista.
  #34  
Old 04-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Bro. Parrish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1611 View Post
I use PC with Windows XP and Vista.
I'm sorry brother.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 04-02-2009 at 09:19 AM.
  #35  
Old 04-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Bro. Parrish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Hoorah. There is a G-5 and a 2009 Dodge Challenger in my future. My cup runneth over and the speeding tickets will be incredible...

Grace and peace and I hope those Dodges have a Slap Stick...

Tony
LOL, my G-5 is amazing, we still have some old Apples we bought well over 10 years ago, they are obsolete due to software but the hardware is all still running. These days I usually use a 15 inch Powerbook, we got a second one off E-bay a few months ago for about $600, it was like brand new!
  #36  
Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Cody1611's Avatar
Cody1611 Cody1611 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
I'm sorry brother.
No need to be. They work excellent for me.
  #37  
Old 04-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Paradigm Shift Paradigm Shift is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19
Default You can have my Mac when you pry it from my cold dead fingers...

Mac 4 LIFE!!!!
  #38  
Old 04-04-2009, 12:51 PM
tonybones2112's Avatar
tonybones2112 tonybones2112 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
LOL, my G-5 is amazing, we still have some old Apples we bought well over 10 years ago, they are obsolete due to software but the hardware is all still running. These days I usually use a 15 inch Powerbook, we got a second one off E-bay a few months ago for about $600, it was like brand new!
Brother Parrish, what I am looking for in a Mac notebook is external device capability. With my hands being what they are, I hate touchpads and do my graphic artwork with a mouse. Some of the new Macs look paper thin. I'll see what my financial future is, if it's good I'll shop my local Mac dealer for a used G5 for a desktop and forget the notebook. I tried a G5 and just fell in love with them.

Grace and peace

Tony
  #39  
Old 04-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Bro. Parrish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Brother Parrish, what I am looking for in a Mac notebook is external device capability. With my hands being what they are, I hate touchpads and do my graphic artwork with a mouse. Some of the new Macs look paper thin. I'll see what my financial future is, if it's good I'll shop my local Mac dealer for a used G5 for a desktop and forget the notebook. I tried a G5 and just fell in love with them.

Grace and peace

Tony
Yeah, the new one called the AIR is very thin, but that's not the one to get anyway. That is not a very robust computer and I think the battery runs out really quick. The Powerbooks are amazing (I use the Apple wireless mouse with mine) but they are pricey. Of course the G-5 is the real monster so I think that would be the best choice for a work machine.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Website © AV1611.Com.
Posts represent only the opinions of users of this forum and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the webmaster.

Software for Believing Bible Study

 
Contact Us AV1611.Com