Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:02 PM

Default OT saints BEFORE Abraham?

What happened to OT saints before Abraham?

Abel for example. Where did he go when he died? Abraham's Bosom? Paradise.. I always thought Abraham's Bosom was paradise, and was actually IN spiritual abraham, but maybe it is just the name of the place of promise for those waiting for the messiah.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-24-2008, 04:29 AM

Luke,

Where Do The Dead Go

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...39760259870571

This massage is pretty good. I do not think he takes anything out of context here.

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 10-24-2008 at 04:42 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:19 PM

I believe they went to Abraham's Bosom.

Luke 16:22 "And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;"
Old 10-24-2008, 02:04 PM

Its possible that the "lower parts of the earth" are hell (lost), paradise (Gentiles), and Abraham's bosom (Jews).

I don't have time to search it out right now, but check the references about someone (OT) being gathered unto their people/fathers and see if it all matches the above.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1611 View Post
I believe they went to Abraham's Bosom.

Luke 16:22 "And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;"
Yeah, but I asked what happened to those people before Abraham. Noah, Methusaleh etc.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:53 AM

I watched the ruckman video. He was quite clear he was speaking about OT saints under the law.

He gives no idea of saints prior to the law or prior to the flood. was enoch the only one or Noah?

we were told that before the flood violence filled the earth. this indicates that there may be righteous men who were killed by the wicked. it could be like Ables blood souls were crying out for God to revenge their blood. I know that's stretching it. but we are not told. but there was a place known as death even then.

this is why I believe at the Great White Throne Judgement there will be righteous from the pre-flood who had died prior to the flood and even som up untilt he calling of Abraham and after who knew not the Law of Israel.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Yeah, but I asked what happened to those people before Abraham. Noah, Methusaleh etc.
Well, from Hebrews we know that no people went to Heaven in the Old Testament until Christ cleansed the heavenlies, with the exception of maybe Enoch, Moses, and Elijah, so I presume the saints of old still went the the heart of the earth and rested until Christ descended and led captivity captive. Obviously that place of rest was not known back then as Abraham's bosom because good ole Abe was not yet alive, but then again God knew he would be soooo...don't know fer sure brother.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:27 PM

Chette

Quote:
I watched the ruckman video. He was quite clear he was speaking about OT saints under the law.
I agree 100% he did a very good job with that sermon. It helped me with this issue. One good thing about Dr. Ruckman. he is right and stays with the book most of the time. I Think this sermon will help anyone better understand this issue with this sermon.

Atlas
Old 11-03-2008, 04:34 PM

Good point, chette777. Many people believe that all the people at the Great White Throne Judgment will be going to the Lake of Fire; that is obviously not the case. There are righteous people in history that did not go to paradise, like Seth, Methuselah, etc. They will not show up at the Judgment Seat of Christ because they aren't in the Body or Bride of Christ; basically all the OT saints will be present at the GWT to be judged, though some just might make it in on God's grace because of their righteousness. That "Book of Life" is an interesting topic to study.