Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredoheaven View Post
Sir, may I respectfully ask if our Lord did spake in Hebrew or in Greek?
In John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. Is our Lord spake in Greek or Hebrew in this particular text? Is this a possiblity that the "heavenly language" will be a Greek as against the Hebrew language?

Just asking?

Jude 25
I think Christ, when the need arose, was multi-lingual. He spoke the Hebrew of the Scriptures and also spoke with the Syro-Phoenician woman who had the demon possessed daughter. There is, as you have read, a small group who contest the Aramaic of His cry on the cross, but as David will serve as King under Him in eternity and Israel will be the predominate nation in ages to come, I don't see a Gentile language as being the predominant one.

Grace and peace Fred

Tony
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-01-2009, 09:15 PM

The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation (Mark 7:26a).

I say that a Greek woman would speak Greek (after all, the Seleucid Empire was Greek).
Old 04-02-2009, 04:13 AM

BP,

Are you Pentecostal by any chance?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation (Mark 7:26a).

I say that a Greek woman would speak Greek (after all, the Seleucid Empire was Greek).
Mark 7:26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

Matt. 15:21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Here was have a Canaanite woman born in Northern Israel, married to a Greek and residing in what is now Lebanon. Given the Roman domination of the area we have a somewaht cosmopolitan citizen conversant in Hebrew, Aramaic/Syriac/Chaldee, Latin and Greek. I'd ask respectfully, what language did the exchange between her and the Lord take place in brother?

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 04-03-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredoheaven View Post
I am a firm believer that our KJV is the preserved word of God and in no doubt it is said to be the perfect word of God. We are a still living in this world, which menas there is still a capacity to do sin and with our finite mind we are not able to know everything. Somehow, thoughts after thought, which I called them a "crazy thought" comes to my mind about our beloved KJV if this will live forever. Well our Lord had stated that "Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will not pass.." surely the KJV will live forever. Now my crazy thought is this: will our KJV1611 will still be used in heaven?

Please help...

Jude 25
www.fredsites.weebly.com
Fred, how's this for way out: I believe in eternity the Bible will be either combined into one book, redivided by the Lord into 77 rather than the most incomplete 66(number of man and incompleteness) or that during the Tribulation/ Millenium 11 more books of Scripture are yet to be given by inspiration.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 04-03-2009, 10:17 PM

The woman was culturally Greek, though Canaanitish. It is easy to tell that she spoke Greek.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
The woman was culturally Greek, though Canaanitish. It is easy to tell that she spoke Greek.
This is merely for clarification brother, am I correct in assuming you are saying the conversation between this woman and Christ over the possessed daughter took place in Greek?

Grace and peace to you

Tony
Old 04-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
I think we will not need a written word since we will have unlimited access to Jesus. I am not sure, maybe we will have a written word but I personnally do not think we will need one since we have the Word.
LOL, come on brother, you don't even think we have the perfect Word in writing today. OF COURSE we will have the written Word of God in heaven, the KJB is the Word of God and Jesus is the Word in flesh. His WORDS (plural) are recorded forever in that Bible, and they aren't going anywhere. (John 1:14, Luke 21:33)
Old 04-04-2009, 07:29 PM
solabiblia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
Now, the language of heaven is supposedly Hebrew, so I'm not sure how that's all going to work?
I heard about an old Jew who was sitting on a park bench in Moscow reading a book. A Russian soldier walked up and said, "What are you reading, old man?"

Old man: "I'm reading a Hebrew grammar."

Soldier: "You are too old to go to Israel, and besides, there are no emmigrant permits being given now."

Old man: "I expect to leave this world soon, and I understand that Hebrew is the language of Heaven."

Soldier: "But what if you don't go to heaven?"

Old man: "No problem. I already know Russian!"
Old 04-05-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solabiblia View Post
I heard about an old Jew who was sitting on a park bench in Moscow reading a book. A Russian soldier walked up and said, "What are you reading, old man?"

Old man: "I'm reading a Hebrew grammar."

Soldier: "You are too old to go to Israel, and besides, there are no emmigrant permits being given now."

Old man: "I expect to leave this world soon, and I understand that Hebrew is the language of Heaven."

Soldier: "But what if you don't go to heaven?"

Old man: "No problem. I already know Russian!"
Sadly, there's some truth to that joke.

Revelation 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God: