Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:41 PM
ploughboy

Default Crudens Concordance

Having heard that "Strong" of the famous Strong’s concordance was a liberal who denied inspiration. Any thoughts on the Cruden's concordance

This was Spurgeons main source book.

"Charles Spurgeon found Cruden's invaluable. A handwritten note found in Spurgeon's personal copy reads: 'For these few years this has been the book at my left hand when the word of God has been at my right. What a precious assistant.' "

Ploughboy
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-01-2008, 09:55 PM
sting of truth

never heard of crudens, but i am going to pick up a thayers in the future.. i already got my strongs lexicon [concordance]
Old 03-01-2008, 10:19 PM
jerry

I have never heard that about Strong and would love some actual documentation on that. Thayer was a Unitarian, who did not believe in the deity of Christ.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:23 PM
sting of truth

well, no concordance, or lexicon, or dictionary, or commentary can improve anything about the kjv, they are just tools to help us understand the bible, and do contain errors.. the king james bible however, is error free
Old 03-01-2008, 10:39 PM
jerry

Granted - but you are not going to learn much Bible truth out of a corrupt tool.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:52 PM
sting of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Granted - but you are not going to learn much Bible truth out of a corrupt tool.
how true that is.. you won't learn much.. but then again they [tools] are all corrupt in some way shape or form, or rather the person who created them is..
Old 03-01-2008, 10:56 PM
jerry

Yes, we are all human and prone to error or possible misunderstanding on things. However, there is a difference between a true, solid believer being wrong on one point and an apostate being right on a few points. One is a basically sound resource - the other is untrustworthy overall.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Why I Eyes Ya!

Thumbs up Cruden magnet...?

For some bizarre reason, I've ended up with a lot of Crudens. The majority of them list word occurances in the KJV and don't really comment as such.
They're very useful for studying word occurances and I do recommend them (they're also as cheap as chips!).
I'm not sure if they're 100% reliable for looking up all words; the entry for the first mention of 'Jerusalem' is missing, for example.

Still, it's a handy tool for quick referencing.

God bless
Old 03-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Pastor Mikie

I have a free Bible Programme I downloaded for free from;
www.theophilos.sk/

It has a complete concordance and phrase search. It also has Matthew Henry's commentary and a dictionary. I really like the phrase search for sermon preparation. It is also great for cutting/pasting passages.

Just FYI. And did I mention it's free?
Old 03-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Forum Administrator

If you're looking for Bible software, please also consider mine: http://www.swordsearcher.com