Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:50 AM

I didn't know that Newt knew Greek!

Sorry, couldn't hep myself. Going for the streak again!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-17-2008, 10:53 PM

Ok, so tonight I've been thinking about this question again. I saw another Strongs at the book store that reminded me that I still don't have a good Strongs that I can rely upon. Is there such an edition? One that is by and for true KJB loving Chistians? One that I can have sitting on my bookshelf and not have nightmares about (haha, just kidding). It's just there are so many, and I don't have anyone telling me anything definative.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 06-08-2008, 06:36 PM

Well, I've decided against the use of Lexicons, and am getting rid of this Strongs I have in favor of one without the greek and hebrew section in the back. I'm officially on the stict side of the KJO believers. I praise my God above that this Bible has a dictionary and lexicon built in! Praise the King!

Peace and Love,
Stephen

PS - Really been enjoying Gail Riplingers "The Language of the King James Bible" at http://www.avpublications.com
Old 06-14-2008, 06:28 AM
eagle777

I wonder what we would do if all the books in the world dissappered and then we would have to depend on the Holy Spirit to teach us. The early church did pretty well without the New Testament and the Authorized Version!

Not trying to start a fight but just something you should consider.

Love

Dave
Old 06-14-2008, 08:16 AM

Actually they had both in the form of the apostles! God' church has NEVER been without His Word.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:22 AM
eagle777

The early church did not have the written word until the 1800's. Those people had to copy any written word if they were lucky enough to find a copy. The point I am making is that the church survived without the written word and relied on the Holy Spirit to teach them.

You can memorize the bible and be able to quote it word for word and still not know what the Lord is talking about if you refuse to be led by His Spirit. Without the Spirit the carnal mind cannot understand the bible because the bible is written with spiritual words and the man without the Spirit cannot understand it.

1 Cor. 2:10-16

Dave
Old 06-14-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
The early church did not have the written word until the 1800's[???].
You may want to correct this error.
Quote:
Those people had to copy any written word if they were lucky enough to find a copy.
"Luck" is an invalid word for use in God's preservation and presentation of His Word.
Quote:
You can memorize the bible and be able to quote it word for word and still not know what the Lord is talking about if you refuse to be led by His Spirit. Without the Spirit the carnal mind cannot understand the bible because the bible is written with spiritual words and the man without the Spirit cannot understand it.
This is absolutely TRUE. However it is not what you have implied. The Holy Ghost does not teach outside His Written Word. He illuminates His Words. Without the Written Word, the message can be distorted. Throughout the history of the church, it has ALWAYS relied upon the Scriptures as the Final Authority.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Actually they had both in the form of the apostles! God' church has NEVER been without His Word.
Amen brother! We serve a God who keeps His promises indeed!

Jesus IS Lord,
Stephen