Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:20 AM
cpmac

Default Is God Fair?

Ezek. 18:
v20 "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son:"

We are told that there will be a future seven year Great Tribulation, wherein Israel shall be punished for the sin of crucifying Christ. But, even if it happens today, that is many generations removed from the actual generation that rejected and crucified Christ. Isn't that contrary to Ezekiel 18:20?

cpmac
www.tribulationhoax.com
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-16-2008, 11:11 AM
jerry

Who said the reason for the Tribulation was the rejection of Christ? That may play a part but there are other reasons for it.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:06 PM
cpmac

Jerry:
I've never gotten a full handle on all the reasons for the trib, Jerry. I've only heard that Israel was the main reason. What are some of the others?

cpmac
www.tribulationhoax.com
Old 04-16-2008, 08:34 PM

The tribulation is not for rejecting Christ. The tribulation would have happened had they accepted Christ as thier King, following immediately by the Millenial Kingdom. It had to happen, because Daniel prophesied it would.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:03 PM
cpmac

Which verse in Daniel prophesied the future tribulation?

cpmac
www.tribulationhoax.com
Old 04-16-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmac View Post
Which verse in Daniel prophesied the future tribulation?

cpmac
www.tribulationhoax.com
May be referring to this one:

Daniel 12:1:

"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."

12:4 refers the time of this:

"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased"
Old 04-17-2008, 04:29 AM
cpmac

Debau:

Quote:
Daniel 12:1:

"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."

12:4 refers the time of this:

"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased"

That verse occurred to me, but Matthew 24:15 seems to pose a
problem in timing: Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand It seems that Jesus expected the people to read and understand Daniel back when He was on earth.
It means the book was opened, and that would establish the time of the end. The "many running to and fro" might be speaking of the evangelists taking the Gospel all over the world, and the "knowledge increased" could be the knowledge of God's Word increased by that preaching. Our present "scientific" knowledge, and people travelling by cars, trains, and planes, does not seem relevant to the Bible. If the smartest people in the world don't know God's Word, their knowledge hasn't increased one iota.

At that time Michael stood up, and there was a time of trouble. I think that he stood up for a reason.
Rev. 12:7 And there was war in heaven..." Michael cast the devil and his angels out of heaven. This next verse of Revelation 12 confirms the time:
Verse 10 "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, NOW is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night." The word "NOW" indicates that it must have happened about the time Christ was crucified. When Jesus died on the cross, He went up to paradise to be with His Father, and it doesn't appear likely that the devil would be permitted to hang around where Christ was.

If that Great Tribulation took place in Judaea 2000 years ago, when all the Jews who knew Christ, and still rejected Him, were still alive, then that would fit the Scriptures, including Ezekiel 18:20. A future Tribulation
has no real meaning. Accordong to Revelation, here will be a time of trouble near the end of the world, but not the "seven year Great Tribulation" imagined by a few scholars 200 years ago.

Here's another item worth checking out. The 144000 Jews were the "first fruits" of the Church." They were redeemed 2000 years ago. How could they be some kind of "super evangelists" in a future "tribulation?"

cpmac
www.tribulationhoax.com
Old 04-17-2008, 08:53 AM
jerry

No, the 144,000 are the firstfruits of the tribulation.

So, I guess according to your made up theology, the devil is no longer accusing the brethren today, and he must be roasting in the lake of fire now...
Old 04-17-2008, 01:00 PM
cpmac

Jerry:
Quote:
No, the 144,000 are the firstfruits of the tribulation.

So, I guess according to your made up theology, the devil is no longer accusing the brethren today, and he must be roasting in the lake of fire now...
Rev.14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their
mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Jerry, I don't think that "unto God and to the Lamb" has anything to do with any tribulation.

All theology is made up, some from Scripture, some from imagination. I try to stick as close to Scripture as I can, because I have no imagination.
That devil thing is a long story. I have to to go now. Be back soon.

cpmac
www.tribulationhoax.com
Old 04-17-2008, 03:12 PM

If the 70th week has come and gone, as you say, then

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Why isn't there an end of sins, and everlasting righteousness, amongst the Jews, and in Israel, God's people, and his Holy City? Why is the most Holy not yet anointed as King and Priest of Israel? Why has the prophecy regarding Israel not yet completed?