Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:41 PM

Ok here is my contribution to this topic....
I have found in all my years this topic, womens hair and women in the workplace are a Trinity of 'sins' especially in IFB Circles. What concerns me is when these minor issues are used as 'Tests of Fellowship' and/or 'Measures Of Spirituality' and the ensuing putting down of the sisterhood in our churches. I know Godly women who have been demonized who wear lol Il use the US term for trousers, 'pants'.

I fear we read our western mores into the Bible then applying our private interpretations. Instead of taking the Bible and applying it to where we are and what we have!

The verse says about wearing 'that which pertaineth unto a man...etc' I think if you leave the verse as it stands it speaks for itself, it is when you go into the minutiae of what's what!
I can never understand why Pants are out but culottes are OK?? When BOTH have been worn by men???
Hmmm bit of a double standard going on here... methinks..

Practically, there are tasks that women do that wearing a skirt or dress would be impractical as well as immodest i.e. Military, Law Enforcement, etc.. One of my daughters is an ER Nurse and wearing a skirt for her work would be totally impractical.

Here is a link that gives a good study on this Topic..
http://www.kjv1611.org.uk/Do%20Godly...20trousers.htm
Every Blessing..
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software