Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:02 PM

Thank you Brother George. You're always a great help! God Bless You!!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:04 PM

Default Question

Ok, I've got to ask you men a question. In the "Church Age" we live in now (under Grace), can a person get saved w/out repentance? May need to open this up in a new discussion, but oh well.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
Ok, I've got to ask you men a question. In the "Church Age" we live in now (under Grace), can a person get saved w/out repentance? May need to open this up in a new discussion, but oh well.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Clint, if the repentance you are talking about is defined as "works", where a person physically turns away from their sin, then YES is the answer to your question. We are saved because of Christ's works, not our own.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:53 PM

Default Agree

I agree Brother Tony. Don't know why they don't want to answer that question. It's a question I've been struggling with lately. I mean I agree with the Brother's response before mine. I know we're saved by GRACE through faith. But can a person really just believe in Jesus' existence and be saved? The bible says even the devils believe and they tremble, but is belief alone enough to save your soul from hell? Does not a person have to be drawn by the Holy Ghost and repent? Can a person have no intention whatsoever of turning from the sin and filth of this world, and just ask Jesus to save them just to avoid hell or use Jesus to get them out of their "problem"? I don't believe so! Anyway, can't wait to see you brother Tony! God's speed!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:12 PM

Default KJV "copyright"

I want to throw another thing the Alexandrians throw at us: The KJV had a copyright, a CROWN copyright of 1/2 pence for each copy paid tpo the crown for the cost of translating the KJV and only binding on printers IN THE BRITISH EMPIRE, NOT worldwide. I don't know if the crown copyright is still in effect.

Like JWs, the Alexandrians are only interested in winning arguments so the sale of books is not interrupted.

Grace and Peace

Tony