Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:07 AM
Scott Simons

Default Does Deception have consequences?

Can a Christian be deceived?
If so what are the consequences?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:35 AM

Yes abosolutely a Christian can be deceived. it happens when he allows it for one, especially when looking for something more that what the Word of God has to say. I beleive that is why there is so many going after the charismatic experiences because they want feel more spiritual than they really are. But they don't want to do it acording to Gods way being humble and contrite with a broken spirit and heart for God and his ways.

Paul addressed the fact that Christians were and could be deceived so he warned them not to be in 1 Cor 15:33, Gal 6:7, the context of 2Tim 3:13 starts in chapter two and he speaks of Christian leaders when he tells Timothy in 3:13 deceiving, and being deceived, Titus 3:3 gives us the indication that some are somtimes deceived not just before they are saved but even at present i their saved sondition.

yes a Christian can be deceived. Especially if he opens himself up to the deception.

the consequences would be lack of rewards and crowns, shortened life, infirmeries. allowing ones self to be deceived is sin in itself. and a slowing of ones spiritual growth as well.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:27 PM

They could believe in another Jesus and/or another gospel.

2 Corinthians 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

This could affect salvation or rewards.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:09 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
They could believe in another Jesus and/or another gospel.
This could affect salvation or rewards.
Does this mean in the deception they could lose there salvation?

Like if Christian in Churches end up worshipping the Anit-christ and or also taking the mark would have there names blotted out of the book of life.

Also how about Christian the change the word of God? What happens to there name?

This is what I find so puzzling about the once saved always save crowd. They just say it is impossible to saved, or be a believer had have your name blotted out of the book of life or be renewed unto repentance, or one could blaspheme the Holy Ghost after being saved, or simply just quit believing, they just skirt the many scriptures that refute that misunderstanding and devise elaborate explanation of certain scriptures and add other but cannot infuse the scriptures that many many times show that deception has serious consequences.
Not just losing a little of this and little of that, but losing of it all.

The ten virgins 5 where wises 5 where foolish.

In the end God knows I suppose.

Is once saved always saved and primary doctrine?

Once saved always saved is just not so fundamental as some would like it to be, it take a lot of explaining to wash away certain scripture.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post

Once saved always saved is just not so fundamental as some would like it to be, it take a lot of explaining to wash away certain scripture.
I understand your confusion, that comes from wrongly dividing your Bible. ( no shot intended) . Example: If everything in the New Testament was written TO us doctrinally today, it is so confusing that it can discourage you from even reading your Bible.

You ask above that if in there deception they could lose their salvation,

If you believe in a false Gospel you never have it to lose.

I believe that many Christians today are believing in a false Jesus and in fact are not saved at all.

I realize now that was not the original question asked...sorry.

Last edited by swordsman; 08-17-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:58 AM

Scott, this is where right division comes into play (2 Timothy 2:15).

It's true that many of the once-saved-always-saved crowd "wash away" Scripture that teaches salvation by works or salvation kept by works.

On the other side, the losing-salvation crowd scrap all of Paul's epistles out of the Bible. They will have to do a lot of twisting and wresting in the following Scriptures:

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Last edited by Biblestudent; 08-17-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Scott Simons

Smile

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Ephesians 2:8
You forgot to put through faith in bold.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post

Like if Christian in Churches end up worshipping the Anit-christ and or also taking the mark would have there names blotted out of the book of life.

Also how about Christian the change the word of God? What happens to there name?

This is what I find so puzzling about the once saved always save crowd. They just say it is impossible to saved, or be a believer had have your name blotted out of the book of life or be renewed unto repentance, or one could blaspheme the Holy Ghost after being saved, or simply just quit believing, they just skirt the many scriptures that refute that misunderstanding and devise elaborate explanation of certain scriptures and add other but cannot infuse the scriptures that many many times show that deception has serious consequences.
Not just losing a little of this and little of that, but losing of it all.

The ten virgins 5 where wises 5 where foolish.

In the end God knows I suppose.

Is once saved always saved and primary doctrine?

Aloha brother Scott,

"Rightly Dividing" the word of God is one of the 3 "KEYS" to understanding the Scriptures (the other 2 are - #1 The Holy Spirit and #3 The Jew).

Check out the list of "salvation verses" on my web page: http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/. under "Bible Lessons" > "Verses on Salvation".

I have listed most of the salvation verses (that I have found) in the entire Bible. If you will read all of them you will find that the verses indicating you can NOT lose your salvation out-number those verses that indicate you CAN by better than 5 to 1!

Since we know that God is not the "author of confusion" [1Corinthians 14:33], then there must be a "scriptural" reason for these differences, and the answer lies in knowing how to study the Bible: #1. Seeking guidance from the Holy spirit. #2. rightly dividing the word of God. #3. Always keeping track of what is meant for the Jew (Hebrews-Israelites).

You might check out the Lesson on "How to Study the Bible" on my web page also (Under The King James Bible Section) as it may be of some help to you.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Scott Simons

All right I'll check it out and get back to you.