Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:00 PM

Default When did the Nobleman Returned?

Our economy has been down since the Leihmann Bro./ AIG issue.Unemployment rate is high and a growing business establishments are streaming down lately here in our country (Philippines). In our bible study, we've been discussing which is the best between becoming an employee and owning a business(small). We've lots to share and I started reading the Parable of our Lord in Luke 19:11-26. I pointed to them the following:
1. Business. As the Lord is said, the nobleman called his servants and delivered them ten(10) pounds and that upon his returned, hw would knew that his money gained. "Gained by trading" is somewhat like of having business.
2. Investments. Trading may also be in the form of having an investments in the stocks, bonds, UITF etc.
3. Savings in the Bank. This is what verse 23 is all about."money into the bank".

Our bible study focus on this economic upheaval but a friend of mine put a stunning question and asked me if I could figure out when did this nobleman returned? Is there out there could offer a help?

Jude 25
http://fredsites.weebly.com:
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-26-2009, 01:47 AM

Luk 19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

I'm not sure really what you're asking. The nobleman returns in the parable in verse 15. The true nobleman, the Lord Jesus Christ, comes back when He recieves His kingdom, shortly after the second advent. The teaching is clearly tribulation Jews who are to endure to the end bringing forth good works to keep the Holy Spirit, as seen in other parables such as the 10 virgins. Practically, or devotionally, I guess it can be applied to the economy or someones personal savings.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:58 AM

the nobleman is Jesus Christ he returns at the end of the 7year wrath of God poured out on the world, and unbelieving Israel to complete their chastisement.

it is primarily a Jewish Parable concerning the leaders of Israel but may have an application as you have shown in doing business. also in how we handle the Gospel that has been given to us. are we planting the seed given or hording it? are we doubling that which is given to us or our we keeping as it is?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:17 AM

It is important that the interpretation of a parable follows this guideline:
The message of a parable is singular. There is one emphasis. Trying to allegorize every part of the story will open the door for misunderstanding.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:31 PM

Brother Tim,

I am intrigued by your statement, as I've been coming across differing views of various parables. Personally, I havn't revisited this one closely since I started learning about rightly dividing, and dispensations, but at first glance, I would be thinking judgement seat of Christ?

How did you formulate that rule of interpretation for the parables, where does it come from?

btw, are the tribulation saints and OT saints also present at the JSOC ?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:57 PM

No, the Judgement Seat of Christ is for the Church only. It will take place after we get raptured out.

Jesus Himself shows us that there is one meaning behind the parables. They all relate to something in the scripture and every word used wasn't used in vain, so having an understanding and knowledge both in the world and in the scriptures can help find the meaning behind the parable.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
How did you formulate that rule of interpretation for the parables, where does it come from?
From a training standpoint, my father, who was my "seminary professor" for 52 years, drilled that guideline into me as I learned the Scriptures.

From a personal standpoint, I examined the parables as I taught them to the children in our church and school. I considered that Jesus used the parables to capture the attention of the listeners, and then the Holy Spirit would open the understanding to those who sought it. The parables had to have a point, not be complex and interlocking with wide-ranging meaning.

Just one example:
Quote:
Matthew 13:24-30 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
Who is the wheat? Who is the tares? When is the harvest? Which is gathered first? In one parable, the seed is the Word of God. Is it the same here? WHAT IS THE CENTRAL POINT OF THIS PARABLE?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:47 PM

Brother Tim Mt 13:24-30 is already interpreted in verse 37-43

Mt 13:37-43 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:08 PM

Luke 19:11-27 has a counterpart in Matthew 25:14-30 both these parables are essentially the same and by comparing scripture with scripture one should come up with the proper interpretation.

Parables are a true to life story used to emphasize a particular point. in these it is How the men of Israel will use that which Lord has given them until he returns. the men are Israel they have the Law how are they using it? they have the oracles of God (at that time and now) how are they sharing it? Applying it? supporting it?

the Lords return to his kingdom is at what is now understood to be a 7year wrath of God poured out on unbelieving mankind and finish the chastisement of Israel or the final week of the weeks proposed in Jeremiah and Daniel.

The Body of Christ is already gone so it has nothing to do with them when the Lord returns. There are those Jews who claim to be doing the work of God. so their work will be judged when the Lord returns. there's are those who claim to be keeping the Law in so they will be judged as to how that Law was followed. Some to profit and some to damnation to hell fire.

Remember the Parable has an added command, Occupy till I come. in Luke it is also added that the citizens hated the Nobleman. Most Israel still hates Jesus Christ. they have not been fully occupying the land of Israel until recently. and they have been kept from keeping their temple worship because a pagan temple sits where theirs should be. during the 7 year peace agreement with the Anti-christ during the 6 year wrath of God's chastisment, they will be allowed to follow the Law completely so as to resume temple worship with sacrifices and practice the Law to the fullest of their ability.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:24 PM

Default Single it out bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
It is important that the interpretation of a parable follows this guideline:
The message of a parable is singular. There is one emphasis. Trying to allegorize every part of the story will open the door for misunderstanding.
chette777 and others have a nice intepretations. bro tim it's your turn to single out the parable. It could be a great help in my studies you know.

thanks,

Jude 25
http://fredsites.weebly.com