Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Dave Hunt: "I just can't believe..."
quoted to my best recollection on a radio broadcast

tonybones: "there are several factors don't sit right"
"I don't see the purpose "
no "evidence that God created angels with genitalia"
"or would even allow them to do this with human women."

I respectfully propose to you that these comments reveal that you have biased presuppositions about this topic. That is not a good place to start and a nearly impossible starting point if the topic requires "pulling together" scriptures and using reason to make sense of what has been revealed to us.

I believe this is a better place to begin a fruitful study of any topic contained in God's perfect word:

Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture?

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Amos 3.7: Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Dan 2:22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.

Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD

We must also consider all possible interpretations of the body of scripture dealing with this topic and which one best fits. In this case, I believe that understanding that Gen 6:1-2 does say that fallen angels mated with human women and their offspring were the giants of vs 4. causes everything else to fall into place and makes sense. This isn't any kind of study or anything, just pointing out that what's important is what scripture saith and to study it line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little. Some things are hard to understand and accept but that doesn't make them untrue.

Grace and Peace to you brother,

Jennifer
Sister, before I clear out of this thread, I'd like to give you a reply. I tried with Brother parrish but he don't like me anymore.

Jesus Christ had a human mother but no human father, He had God as His Father and had the Blood of God. Ask any OB-GYN and they will tell you a child does not have the mother's blood system, but the fathers. Christ was sinless. What does that tell us?

It tells us the Adamic sin nature of humanity is passed through the seed of the male, not the female. If these giants were the offspring of angels, then angels must have male seed and blood. Where is the sin nature if angels are not descended from Adam?

The giants then must have been born sinless, and we know only one Man was sinless.

I'm not going to speculate on angel anatomy. I'm gonna read another message or two and then on to other, more profitable threads for me. As I said, you all study it all you want. I got other, more pressing matters. Tomorrow is Sunday, and i got churches to split.

Grace and peace sister

Tony