Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:08 PM
jerry

The Biblical definition of Scripture is every single line in God's Word. Peter states Paul's writings were Scripture. All 66 books of the Bible are the inspired Word of God.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Jot&Tittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
The Biblical definition of Scripture is every single line in God's Word. Peter states Paul's writings were Scripture. All 66 books of the Bible are the inspired Word of God.
Do you have some scripture for that? I've been dealing with a catholic that is challenging me on the issue of "what is scripture". I know about comparing spiritual with spiritual and line upon line etc. Got anything else?

Thanks, Jerry
Old 02-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot&Tittle View Post
Do you have some scripture for that? I've been dealing with a catholic that is challenging me on the issue of "what is scripture". I know about comparing spiritual with spiritual and line upon line etc. Got anything else?

Thanks, Jerry
I gave some scripture on this post.

http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.php?p=627&postcount=5

Especially look at the bottom of the post.

If you want the entire article from the Way of Life Encyclopedia, let me know.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:58 PM
jerry

I assume you are asking for Scripture to show that Paul's writings were also Scripture:

2 Peter 3:15-16 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.