Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:59 AM

Default Be a Light, Not a Stumbling Block

Titus 2:7-8
7 "In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you." KJV

These are good verses for Christians. In the first part of verse 7 it tells us to have good works. As Christians, we need to bring glory to God and be an example to fellow Christians and also to the lost.

Whether you know it or not, lost people are watching you. They hear you profess to be saved and that makes them watch how you live your life. That is why we need to live for Jesus and act "Christ-like". There is no way someone lost would listen to us if we lived just like them or worse. We're not perfect, but we need to show good works for people to look at us and think, "that guy/girl really has something." So as a Christian it is our job to show the lost that we really have Christ IN us.

Also, know that weaker Christians and ever strong Christians are watching how you live your life. Imagine if you saw a Christian that you thought the world of at a party getting drunk or something like that. It would hurt you wouldn't it? Well, that is why we need to live godly. Pray about that and ask yourself, "Am I bringing glory to God or am I disappointing other Christians and God more?"

Verse 8.

Are you sound in your speech? Do you have a bad habit of cursing or using words that are unnecessary? Are you bringing shame to yourself or glory to God when you speak in daily life?

How can we witness if we don't live as Christians? How can we tell someone to repent, if they can just smack us in the face with something we did. Is the way you're living your life preventing you to witness and be a light to others? People are suppose to look to Christ for an example, but don't kid yourself. People ARE watching you and you can be a mouth peace for God if you let him and have good fellowship with Him.

I hope this brief study has helped someone. God Bless you all
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-23-2008, 09:25 AM

Good reminder, Cody1611! Thanks!
Old 04-02-2008, 04:54 PM

Nice reminder Brother!
Obama is NOW reaping his rewards because he ignored what God has said!
If he is a real Christian, he has created a GIGANTIC stumbling block to not only brothers, but alsp to the Christian message to the unsaved.

“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.” (Romans 16:17)

“Be not deceived; evil communications corrupt good manners.” (I Cor. 15:33)

“Abstain from all appearance of evil.” (I Thess. 5:22)

"If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his own tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain." (James 1:26)