General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:21 PM

Default Re: "What's wrong with the Paraphrase Bible?"

Aloha Kirandio,

#1. God has given you the Liberty to pray for whomsoever you wish to pray for. Which "Bible" you use has nothing to do with who you pray for.

#2. It is not necessary to have a complete Bible or a even a complete New Testament to get saved. You get saved by hearing the word of God (i.e. the Gospel), and you could do that with a simple Salvation tract.

#3. I don't know how long you have been saved, but I do know that you have NOT examined this issue (Which Bible?) in any depth, and that you are depending on your own private "opinion" in deciding the issue.

The following are some links to this issue if you care to examine it in more depth:

A letter outlining the "Which Bible" Controversy - which includes a partial list of several books covering the subject of "Which Bible".:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...3&postcount=69

I also have a short "synopsis" of many of the books covering the subject of "Which Bible". I have personally read every book that I have listed and if you are interested, you can find the list (with the synopsis) at this link:
http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/booklist.html

An essay on why I believe the King James Bible:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...78&postcount=1

Two essays by Moses LemuelRaj on "The Inspiration of Scripture:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...19&postcount=1

If you are truly interested in the truth of this issue you will not only search out what I have listed here, but there are plenty of web sites on the net that could supply you with more information than you could possibly absorb in 20 years of study. I have some links to some of those websites on my website listed by my "Avatar" below.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Bro. Parrish

Did someone mention the NIV?

Why would you admire an NIV bible that removes the word "begotten" from John 3:16, says that Jesus couldn't grasp equality with God in Philippians 2:6, removes the name "Jesus" in 38 places, completely removes the word "Godhead" from the Bible, completely removes the word "sodomite" from the Bible, removes the word "hell" 40 times, and changes every mention of people "worshipping" Jesus to a mere "knelt"?

Kirandio, welcome to the forum!

Bro. Tim and Bro. George are giving you good advice and counsel here my friend. I can tell you from my own experience that shortly after I was saved I used to carry something called THE LIVING BIBLE. (my brethren here will get a chuckle out of this, but it's true). Eventually I prayed and asked God to lead me to a good Church and within a few weeks a young man knocked on my front door from an Independent Baptist Church.

I carried that Living Bible to church for several months, and I will tell you that aside from a few mild comments, no one was ever rude to me about it, even though the pastor only uses the KJV and mentioned several times from the pulpit why. Eventually a man by the name of Peter Ruckman came to our church, and my Living Bible was soon shifted to "shelf duty," where it remains to this day.

Ruckman challenged his audience to examine what they believed about God's Word. He offered no apology for his views and no quarter for any scholar. As I investigated his claims, I was SHOCKED about the corruption in modern versions! Maybe this was my pastor's way of exposing me to the truth without offending me personally, and we are all friends to this day. So let me challenge you today to examine EXACTLY what you think about God's Word and ask yourself, what is YOUR FINAL AUTHORITY ON SPIRITUAL MATTERS. I hope God will give you the courage to hit this front on---with an open mind my friend, and do study the links you were just given.

As I just mentioned to another member of this forum earlier today, look carefully at the leaven below, (this is the doctrine of the Bible correctors) and ask God which Bible really is the Word of God for your life today... I'm glad you accepted Jesus into your heart---we are praying for you brother!

THE CREED OF THE ALEXANDRIAN CULT

by Peter Ruckman

1. There is NO FINAL AUTHORITY but God.

2. Since God is a SPIRIT, there is NO FINAL AUTHORITY that can be seen, heard, read, felt or handled.

3. Since all books are MATERIAL, there is NO BOOK ON THIS EARTH THAT IS THE FINAL AND ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY on what is right and what is wrong; what constitutes TRUTH and what constitutes ERROR.

4. There WAS a series of writings one time which, IF they had all been put into a BOOK as soon as they were written the first time, WOULD HAVE constituted an infallible and final authority by which to judge truth and error.

5. However, this series of writings was LOST, and the God Who inspired them was UNABLE TO PRESERVE THEIR CONTENT through Bible-believing Christians at Antioch (Syria), where the first Bible teachers were (Acts 13:1), and where the first missionary trip originated (Acts 13:1-6), and where the word "CHRISTIAN" originated (Acts 11:26).

6. So, God chose to ALMOST preserve them through Gnostics and philosophers from Alexandria, Egypt, even though God called HIS SON OUT of Egypt (Mat. 2), JACOB OUT of Egypt (Gen. 49), ISRAEL OUT of Egypt (Exod. 15), and JOSEPH'S BONES OUT of Egypt (Exod. 13).

7. So, there are two streams of Bibles: the most accurate - though, of course, there is NO FINAL, ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY FOR DETERMINING TRUTH AND ERROR: it is a matter of "preference" - are the Egyptian translations from Alexandria, Egypt, which are "almost the originals," although NOT QUITE.

8. The most INACCURATE TRANSLATIONS were those that brought about the GERMAN REFORMATION (Luther, Zwingli, Boehler, Zinzendorf, Spener, etc.) and the worldwide MISSIONARY MOVEMENT of the English speaking people: the Bible that Sunday, Torrey, Moody, Finney, Spurgeon, Whitfield, Wesley, and Chapman used.

9. But we can "tolerate" these if those who believe in them will tolerate US. After all, since THERE IS NO ABSOLUTE AND FINAL AUTHORITY THAT ANYONE CAN READ, TEACH, PREACH, OR HANDLE, the whole thing is a matter of "PREFERENCE." You may prefer what you prefer, and we will prefer what WE prefer: let us live in peace, and if we cannot agree on anything or everything, let us all agree on one thing: THERE IS NO FINAL, ABSOLUTE, WRITTEN AUTHORITY OF GOD ANYWHERE ON THIS EARTH.

This is the creed of the Alexandrian Cult.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 04-13-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:23 AM

The carnal mind is my own enemy.

I read the King James Bible in spite of it.

If I let it have it's way, I'll convince myself I don't need any Bible and be like those who claim to be "spiritual" rather than "religious".

I'm neither.

I'm a Christian, like the Bible says I am.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:32 PM

George, #3 is a false statement. You do not know me, and you do not know how long I have been examining this issue. However, I will take up your offer on #1, since honestly, I think that miracle might be the only form of persuasion available for the people here, and even then I am not too sure of how persuasive miracle would be.

Brother Parrish, I will answer some of your questions. I did find begotten in the footnote of John 3:16 and 3:18, specifically "his only begotten Son" for 16, and "God's only begotten Son" for verse 18.

http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=...ter=3&verse=16

The above website shows how John 3:16 reads from different versions.

http://net.bible.org/strong.php?id=3439

The above link is apparently how begotten was translated. It looks like the NIV translators were already aware of begotten being in other translations, so they wanted to make aware that it could also read "one and only Son."

To be honest, I want the translators of a document to provide such information for me. If I was programming something and needed information that was acquired from translation, I would want to be provided as many details as possible regarding what I would be working on. The level of depth I would want would depend on what it is I might be working on. If I was to program a simple "Hello World" program, I probably would not need that much depth. If however, I was to program something on an Operating System level, and if I needed information from someone else working on the project too, and if I needed translation from their language, I would want as much detailed information I could get.

Let's consider this situation regarding programming an Operating System. Let's assume that at the start of the project, I needed translation from somebody in India. After some time, people who I would consider reliable end up providing a translation. Now, let's say that after two years of working on this Operating System, someone who is relatively new to the company looks over the documents that were translated. This person proves that he is able to read what document was translated from. Assume that I am the head of this project. What if this person decided to provide some information I would be interested in seeing. Would I fire him or call his work a perversion? As the head of the project, I would value this information. I would also look into finding more people to translate the document to see what else it could mean. Remember, this is an Operating System that we are developing.

How much more valuable is God than an operating system? How much more should we seek additional information regarding the translation of the Bible. Why would God limit me to using one translation, especially if a viable translation was available before the one that is considered the standard? After all, the Geneva Bible was printed and in use before the King James Version of the Bible. Why do we not use the Geneva Bible today?

This website is the one I have been mainly using for reference regarding this subject:

http://www.kjv-only.com/index.html

10 questions to honestly ask:

http://www.kjv-only.com/kjvoques.html

Regarding removing "Jesus":

http://www.kjv-only.com/jesusnew.html

And might I ask, what is a unicorn?

http://www.kjv-only.com/unicorn.html
http://www.kjv-only.com/rick/unicorns.html

Please note that I definitely consider the KJV of the Bible to be a viable Bible to use. I just do not consider it to be the only viable Bible. A website regarding this point of view:

http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=665

I do ask that you pray about it before responding to this thread.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirandio View Post
How much more valuable is God than an operating system? How much more should we seek additional information regarding the translation of the Bible. Why would God limit me to using one translation, especially if a viable translation was available before the one that is considered the standard?
It's not about God limiting you, go back and read my post...
it's about the issue of FINAL AUTHORITY.

By the way, that website you are using for reference is a pack of lies and confusion, we are all familiar with it. (1 Corinthians 14:33) Now let me warn you my friend; you will do well to use discretion with your links and posts---choose them carefully here, because I can tell you the Admin will ban you if you start spreading untruth and leaven like that here. I'm not calling the shots, just giving you friendly advice---and that won't fly here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirandio View Post
After all, the Geneva Bible was printed and in use before the King James Version of the Bible. Why do we not use the Geneva Bible today?
Operating system?
Geneva Bible?
Hold on, I thought your authority was the NIV...?
(I think that's the one lesbian author Virginia Mollenkott consulted on)

look, there are lots of versions out there, many of them say different things, so pick one. Which one is your final authority? Do you believe there is one BOOK ON THIS EARTH TODAY THAT IS THE FINAL AND ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY on what is right and what is wrong...?

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 04-14-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:57 PM

Kirandio,

Your quote:
Quote:
George, #3 is a false statement. You do not know me, and you do not know how long I have been examining this issue. However, I will take up your offer on #1, since honestly, I think that miracle might be the only form of persuasion available for the people here, and even then I am not too sure of how persuasive miracle would be.”
I said:
Quote:
#3. I don't know how long you have been saved, but I do know that you have NOT examined this issue (Which Bible?) in any depth, and that you are depending on your own private "opinion" in deciding the issue.

The following are some links to this issue if you care to examine it in more depth:

A letter outlining the "Which Bible" Controversy - which includes a partial list of several books covering the subject of "Which Bible".:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...3&postcount=69

I also have a short "synopsis" of many of the books covering the subject of "Which Bible". I have personally read every book that I have listed and if you are interested, you can find the list (with the synopsis) at this link:
http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/booklist.html

An essay on why I believe the King James Bible:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...78&postcount=1

Two essays by Moses LemuelRaj on "The Inspiration of Scripture:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...19&postcount=1

If you are truly interested in the truth of this issue you will not only search out what I have listed here, but there are plenty of web sites on the net that could supply you with more information than you could possibly absorb in 20 years of study. I have some links to some of those websites on my website listed by my "Avatar" below.
Sigh” . . . . You have come to a “AV1611 Bible Forum” and we know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about you {your background? - male or female? single or married? – childless or children? - old or young? – how long you have been saved? - which church (or churches) you have attended? – etc.???}. But there is one thing I do know, and that is you have an arrogant and condescending manner that is contrary to how a Christian is supposed to conduct himself (and which is quite common amongst elitist scribes & scholars) - i.e. your insulting first opening comments in your second Post #14:

Quote:
"I will take up your offer on #1, since honestly, I think that miracle might be the only form of persuasion available for the people here, and even then I am not too sure of how persuasive miracle would be.”
I let some of your personal remarks pass the first time around; however, it is now time to reply to your Post and demonstrate that my comments about your obvious lack of knowledge about the “Which Bible” issue was based on YOUR OWN STATEMENTS made in your Post #9.

You stated:
Quote:
If these versions of the Bible which use phrases to help the reader understand God are "perversions" as people call them, then my level of understanding the Holy Spirit must be through the roof considering my experiences,” since I have been able to successfully understand quite a bit about God using the CEV for a couple of years.”
All of your previous statement equals nothing but your own private personalopinionandexperience. I doubt if anyone on this Forum would deny that most of the modern bibles contain SOME of God’s words. If the modern translators eliminated MOST of God’s words, even people like you would be able to see that.

You said:
Quote:
I went to his church, and after receiving Jesus into my heart, I received a Bible, as I would call it anyways. It was not a KJV, an NIV, an NASB, or NKJV. It was...a CEV. So the question I now pose...if God really exclusively honors the KJV Bible; if the KJV Bible is the only good version of the Bible, why is it that in that experience I was handed a CEV Bible?
In my previous Post I answered with:
Quote:
“#2. It is not necessary to have a complete Bible or a even a complete New Testament to get saved. You get saved by hearing the word of God (i.e. the Gospel), and you could do that with a simple Salvation tract.”
Again, you are referring to nothing more than your own private personalopinion” and “experience. And you neglected to mention that I did answer your question. (QUESTIONS – ALWAYS QUESTIONS! )

You claimed:
Quote:
Allegedly, the KJV Bible that people use now is altered, even if it is ever so slightly. As someone who can relatively use computers fluently, I know that if you change just one letter, just one item on a document, that document becomes a different document. If the KJV Bible that people are using has just one letter that is different from the original, then it is not the exact same Bible as before.”
If you will notice – in your entire Humanistic logic and reasoning above you left out ONE CRUCIAL thing. You write about “computers”, “letters”, “documents”, and the “Bible”. But you omitted God’s WORDS! God is not concerned with spelling, or with punctuation; and He is not concerned with “documents”. Our God is concerned with His WORDS. How could you have forgotten that? Or did you ever know that to begin with? Oh, and by the way – Can you give me a one sentence “definition of the word “Bible”? Since you know so much, you should have a simple “definition” for what you are discussing.

I said that you haven’t examined this issue “in depth”, because of the shallowness of your arguments against the King James Bible, and the fact that nearly all of what you presented was your own personal private opinion”.

Here are a few of the meaningless arguments that you used in trying to convince us of your “expertise”: “
Quote:
Allegedly, the KJV Bible that people use now is altered” (“Allegedly” = a SUPPOSITION); And again you said: “As someone who can relatively use computers fluently, I know that if you change just one letter, just one item on a document, that document becomes a different document. If the KJV Bible that people are using has just one letter that is different from the original, then it is not the exact same Bible as before.”
Your whole “hypothesis” is pure ASSUMPTION and CONJECTURE on your part. That is, once again, you are relying on “your own personal private opinion” to determine this issue, and personally I’m not interested in yourOPINION” or the “opinions” of your friends either. HOW do you KNOW – HOW God looks at His words (or the spelling of His words)? Do you “think” that our God is a feckless “gnat strainer”? You’re ASSUMING that God looks at His Holy words, like you do, and you don’t have an ounce of PROOF to back up what you say. You’re entitled to your OPINION - That’s your privilege, but those of us who are genuine Bible believers (I'm referring to a BOOK that you can hold in your hands) don’t have to take your Humanistic reasoning seriously – NO NOT for even one minute!

Your “convoluted” description of translating and the translation process has NO BEARING what-so-ever on your “notions” about the King James Bible, other than the FACT that there never has been a group of Bible translators (before or after) the AV1611 translators that could even come close to their learning and knowledge of English and the various languages that they used to translate our Holy Bible. Your explanation about the “mechanics” of translating is “infantile” and “fatuous” – once again re-affirming the fact that you have NOT looked into this issue “in depth”; just like I said in my point #3.

Some of your final comments:
Quote:
I believe that there is advantage in choosing to use a phrase-by-phrase approach to translation as opposed to an exclusive word-for-word translation. I also agree that there is risk associated with translating via phrase-by-phrase. I also believe that the translators of the NIV knew what they were getting into, and I am pretty sure that they were aware of the risks associated with putting it all together. They probably spent countless hours praying over it, and they probably checked their work several times over.”
Let's "examine" some of what you have said: “I believe”; “I also agree; “I am pretty sure”; “They probably”! We need something more than your “assurance” that they “PROBABLY” and “I AM PRETTY SURE” before we throw out God’s Holy words based on your “vague” and “euphemistic” PERSONAL BELIEFS!

Your final argument against those of us who believe in the King James Bible demonstrates for all to see that your entire position is based on “your own personal private opinions”. That is – from the beginning of your “sigh” Post #9 < > “What’s wrong with the Paraphrase Bible?”, until the end of the Post, all we were treated to were your private assumptions, speculations, conjectures, hypothesis, and suppositions; that is - “your own personal private opinions”! And since we know NOTHING about you what-so-ever, we have absolutely NO REASON to take any of your “private opinions” seriously. As a matter of fact, you have just joined the ranks of the kooks, crazies, and crackpots that show up on this Forum about once a week, who presume to “lecture” us as to WHY our Bible is NOT Holy and WHY we are terribly mistaken.

You spoke about “the original”, perhaps you can produce a “copy” of “the original”, or tell us where we can find it, so that we can all benefit from “the original” BIBLE. And at the same time, maybe you can tell us just exactly where and when the “ORIGINAL BIBLE” (A BOOK that you can hold in your hands), came into being?

Did you check out (and read) any of the Links that I supplied you? I checked out all of the anti King James Bible “links” that you supplied us. With the exception of brother Moses LemualRaj’s essays on “Inspiration”, all of the links I supplied you were my own; and the essays and articles were written by me – not someone else. Do you have anything that you have written, or do you just depend on other people to do your thinking for you?

Have you ever read “any” of the books written by the men in the list I supplied in my letter? Have you read ANY books written by the following men?

IN THE PAST:
John W. Burgon, Edward Miller, F. H. Scrivener, Herman Hoskier, Bishop Wordsworth, Canon Cook, Sir Robert Anderson, Philip Mauro, Joseph C. Philpot, George Sayles Bishop, Benjamin C. Wilkinson, Robert Dick Wilson and Edward F. Hills.

PRESENT DAY:
J.J Ray, Terence H. Brown, Henry Coray, Zane C. Hodges, Alfred Martin, David Otis Fuller, Peter S. Ruckman, David Fountain, Gordon P. Gardiner, Wilbur N. Pickering, Donald T. Clarke, Bruce Cummins, Dick Cimino, Barry Burton, Perry F. Rockwood, , Billy Bartlett, Larry Bartlett Herbert Noe, William P. Grady, Thomas Holland, Floyd Nolan Jones, Lawrence M. Vance, Kent Brandenburg, Douglas T. Stauffer, and Michael Maynard. {I personally recommend "Forever Settled" by Dr. Jack Moorman as an excellent "first book" - if you have never studied this issue in depth.}

Have you read any of the books written by those men? If so – which ones? If you haven’t read any of these books, then you haven’t looked into this issue “in depth”, like I said in the beginning, and which I now will repeat. Unless you study both sides of an issue you CANNOT make an informed decision or judgment. And based on your foregoing Post, it’s quite obvious that you not only haven’t studied this issue "in depth", it is also perfectly clear that you have a personal bias against our Bible - That is you are prejudiced against the Holy words of God based on your own destructive and malignant private opinions!

Ask yourself: WHY are you here? Do you "think" that you are going to persuade any of us to “your point of view” with your flimsy arguments? WHAT are you trying to accomplish by coming here - to a AV1611 Bible Forum? Just WHAT is your "motive" for joining an AV1611 Bible Forum – if you don’t believe like we do? WHO do you think you are? I don’t go looking for arguments and debates on anti-King James Bible Forums. You have Christian liberty to believe whatever you want to believe (have at it); WHY does it "bother" you (so much) that we believe in the purity, perfection, and Holiness of the Holy Bible? WHAT is WRONG with us believing God, when He promised to PRESERVE His words?

Psalms 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

If you don’t want to believe God’s word, I’m NOT going to go to your (or your friends) Forum and try to persuade you to my belief. Believe what you will – it’s no skin off my nose. But know this: I (and most of the members on this Forum) have A FINAL AUTHORITY on this earth. I believe God has preserved His Holy words just exactly as He wants them in the King James Bible; and so I believe that my Bible is truly HOLY – NOT just a meretranslation”. Because of my belief in the King James Bible, it is my FINAL AUTHORITY in ALL matters of faith and practice.

On the other hand, you have NO “Final Authority” other than “your own personal private opinions”! Someday, we shall see WHO God honors – those of us who have trusted Him to have kept His promises concerning His word; OR those “Christians” like yourself, who refuse to believe His promises, and who have, instead, decided to rely on their “own opinions”! You can rest assured that we ALL will know the “truth of this matter” at the Judgment Seat of Christ!

Quote:
[Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.]
Until then, why don’t you and your “friends” keep to your own Forums, where you are free to “criticize” God’s Holy word anytime it pleases you, and we will stick to our Forum where we will Praise God for His word, and honor Him for it; and continue to defend it against “jackanapes” like yourself, who “think” that they have the right to “CORRECT”; or “ADD”; or “SUBTRACT”; or “CHANGE” God’s Holy words anytime they please!

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

Last edited by George; 04-15-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Kirandio...

If you don’t want to believe God’s word, I’m NOT going to go to your (or your friends) Forum and try to persuade you to my belief. Believe what you will – it’s no skin off my nose. But know this: I (and most of the members on this Forum) have A FINAL AUTHORITY on this earth. I believe God has preserved His Holy words just exactly as He wants them in the King James Bible; and so I believe that my Bible is truly HOLY – NOT just a “translation”. Because of my belief in the King James Bible, it is my FINAL AUTHORITY in ALL matters of faith and practice.
That's what I'm talkin' about....
Old 04-15-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Until then, why don’t you and your “friends” keep to your own Forums, where you are free to “criticize” God’s Holy word anytime it pleases you, and we will stick to our Forum where we will Praise God for His word, and honor Him for it; and continue to defend it against “jackanapes” like yourself, who “think” that they have the right to “CORRECT”; or “ADD”; or “SUBTRACT”; or “CHANGE” God’s Holy words anytime they please!
Quite right Brother George! I can rest assured I dont join anti-KJB sites or modern version advocate sites to tell those who post and fellowship there their error, I leave that great truth to the Holy Ghost. I most certainly wouldnt visit another Brothers House, wipe my mucky feet on his carpet, abuse his home and ridicule his Hospitality and spit on his Bible, which it seems apostate Bible correctors do here at least once per week.

To the Correctors

IF YOU CANT HOLD ONE BIBLE IN YOUR HANDS AS THE INERRANT INFALLIBLE WORD OF GOD! THEN DONT TRY AND DIMINISH OUR FAITH IN ONE BOOK BY YOUR LACK OF FAITH IN ANY BOOK!

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

2 Timothy 3:1-7 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
"IF YOU CANT HOLD ONE BIBLE IN YOUR HANDS AS THE INERRANT INFALLIBLE WORD OF GOD! THEN DON'T TRY AND DIMINISH OUR FAITH IN ONE BOOK BY YOUR LACK OF FAITH IN ANY BOOK!"
Aloha brother Steven,

to that brother. I'm going to "borrow" that saying, because it says exactly what I believe, but in 1/10 of the space it takes me to say it!
Old 04-15-2009, 06:53 PM

Brother George, you can take it, use it any way you like (I know how you like long groups of text together ) But the wonderful thing is, and I am sure many will agree, your time spent on posting regarding the WORD OF GOD is humbling to me and edifying in so many ways, my guidance by Gods Spirit to this forum has blessed me with many Brothers and Sisters whom I may never meet until we get home, but in the meantime I Cherish the time we spend over Gods HOLY WORD,
in the Study of it .....
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

in the Defence of It....
1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

in the fellowship of it
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

And in the GLORY OF IT!
Psalms 148:12 Both young men, and maidens; old men, and children:
Psalms 148:13 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.

I love you and yours Dear Brother
God Bless.