Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Even though I use the KJV, I personally use the names that were giving during that time period. For that I am ridiculed!
I think people are trying to correct you.

You say you "use" the KJV. You ought to believe it, not just use it. You can't believe it and correct it at the same time. And your method of name changing creates for you a private translation that has never existed until someone dreamed up the Hebrew roots movement. You are in error in doing so and apparently are not interested in the truth behind the "original name" theology.

And calling the original publication a work mired in paganism is certainly not going to win you many points with people who believe it is God's word and you should not be surprised at the reception you got with that.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-04-2008, 10:27 AM
kevin

In my style of studying, I realize the many symbols contained throughout Yahweh’s Words. Unfortunately the KJV doesn’t bring them out.

Have you ever read the letter from the writers to the readers? Read the section how the Hebrew went to Greek, into Latin and finally into English. The writers encourage the readers to search out their work.

What about the many symbols?

In my research of the Tabernacle of Moses, we found many symbols within. Examples:
Gold = deity
Silver = redemption
Brass = judgment
Blue = heavenly nature
Purple = royalty
Etc.

Also numbers have a Spiritual significance.
One = unity
Two = difference
Three =completeness
Four = earth
Five = grace
Six = man’s number
Seven = spiritual completeness
Eight = new beginning
Etc.

Names also have a meaning;
Babel/Bablyon = confusion
Egypt = bondage
Isaiah = Salvation of Yahweh
Jeremiah = whom Yahweh raises up
Amos = burden
John = the grace of Yahweh
Luke = light giving
Etc.

When look at the names, numbers etc. we see a pattern of Yahweh’s grace within scripture.

Let’s look a Abraham
Gen 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
Abram = high father
Now we see that Yahweh changed his name. But note by adding the letter “h”, which is the 5th letter in the Hebrew alphabet, which is “grace” we now have Abraham.
Abraham = father of a multitude

You may seem to think that I changed the KJV, no I just deepen my study into the KJV.

Yahweh Bless

Kevin
Old 02-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Pastor Mikie

Just to put another string on this converation, let me state that I dread going to “Bible Studies” because a passage is being discussed and someone speaks out and says, “…well, my translation says…”. There are usually at least 4 different translations of the Bible in a reasonably attended “Bible Study”. They don’t all agree with each other. How are we supposed to know which one is right? Then, the leader of the study usually comes up with, “…the Greek/Hebrew word is ?!??!!***….” Sorry to sound cynical, but, that doesn’t help me to be clear about the passage.

I believe that the atheists have grounds for their scorn based on our lack of commitment. Few Christians are willing to “stick their neck out” and say, “This is God’s infallible word!,” referring to the Bible they are holding in their hands and reading. We act like we think less of God than we do of the scholars; that somehow God couldn’t see to it that we had His Holy Word that we could hold, read and have absolute faith in. So, the scholars had to step in and do the best they could to give us something “reliable” but less than perfect. Aren’t we “speaking out of both sides of our mouth”?

A Bible teacher who gives us the Greek/Hebrew word “oohs and ahhs” us with their great knowledge and ability (most of them don’t speak those languages, they are quoting a scholar they hope is correct). To the Bible Teacher and Preacher I say this: Quit trying to impress us with the Greek/Hebrew words and tell us what the Bible says, and interpret it according as you understand the context IN ENGLISH! When you do this “The original says…” thing to your students, you are asking them to believe you over their Bibles, thereby making yourself the Final Authority. Is it any wonder that the majority of Christians don’t read their Bibles? Why should they, when it gets corrected by their “spiritual leaders” regularly. I think this is shameful!

I don’t believe God has appointed anyone to be a keeper of “secret knowledge” that the rest of us can’t get without them. I also believe one reason the church went through the dark ages is because the common man wasn’t allowed to read and interpret the Scriptures; that somehow only the “elite” of the church could understand and therefore had the right to teach what the Bible means.

If God can inspire people to write down His Words in the first place, why is it so unreasonable to believe He can inspire the translation of those Words as well? If the only way we can know for sure what the Bible really says is by going to the “originals”, why didn’t God preserve “the originals”? If someone says they believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God, we say, “Amen!” But, if someone (like me) believes the AV1611 King James Bible is the infallible Word of God, they are considered to be radical, extreme or otherwise in error.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Lively Stone

Amen and Amen Bro. Brandon and Pastor Mikey

Bro Danny
Old 03-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Pastor Mikie

Why use the name "Yahweh"? I don't find it in the Bible anywhere. I've always wondered if teachers/preachers who say, "the original something or other says this that and the other" if there comes a sense of power, authority or usefulness because they otherwise feel insecure, unsure or lacking in confidence.

When I was a child, my siblings and friends often did this chant, "I know something you don't know". I think this gave them a sense of power over me. I wonder, also, if this might be a reason for this kind of teaching I call "Bible correcting"?
Old 03-18-2008, 04:24 AM
Why I Eyes Ya!

Kevin wrote:

"Now I am a big fan of the King James Bible.
However, I have come across some interesting info on the design of the 1611.
It seems King James was in the occult world. And the designs on the pages look like they have pagan backgrounds!
Alot of Freemasonry symbols as well as Babylon.
Has anyone else taken notice on this?
Yahweh Bless
Kevin"

Now, there may be something in what you say, but I'd like to see some evidence. The designs in the 1611 were not the work of either king James or the translators. From what I have seen, a great majority of the illustrations represent heraldic/national symbols that were commonplace in literature of the time.

There are admittedly symbols which could be interpreted as 'masonic', just as there are in everyday life (if we deliberately choose to view them as such). Having seen many of the KJV illustrations, I see nothing overtly 'masonic' about them. Ecclesiastical/heraldic/traditional, yes.

However, the illustrations do not affect the integrity of the text. That is my the point we need to focus on.

As for using Yahweh instead of Jehovah, it is confusion. I do not know why you choose to use the 'critics choice' .

Should we therefore NOT use Jehovah? If so, why not?

Sorry if this causes offense, but, other folks on the forum giving you links/information about the Jehovah/Yahweh issue has left you without excuse.

You clearly choose to ignore the evidence.

Jehovah Bless
Old 03-18-2008, 04:59 AM

Guys,

Why not call him The Lord? That is his name.

Quote:
Jer. 33:2

Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is his name;

Amos 5:8

Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name:

Amos 9:6

It is he that buildeth his stories in the heaven, and hath founded his troop in the earth; he that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name.
As you can see The Lord is his name.

Atlas
Old 03-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Why I Eyes Ya!

Absolutely, Atlas, you're spot on.

My point being that 'Yahweh' is found nowhere in the Bible. This is the point I was trying to emphasize.

The LORD is. Jesus is. And Jehovah is.

That is why I use Jehovah. We're also at liberty to use The LORD and Jesus.

We're certainly not at liberty to use Yahweh.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Why I Eyes Ya!

In addition to previous post:

"And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah-jireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD shall it be seen" Genesis 22:14

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them" Exodus 6:3

"And Moses built an altar, and called the name of it Jehovah-nissi" Exodus 17:15

"Then Gideon built an altar there unto the LORD, and called it Jehovah-shalom: unto this day it is yet in Ophrah of the Abiezrites" Judges 6:24

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth" Psalms 83:18

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation" Isaiah 12:2

"Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength" Isaiah 26:4
Old 03-18-2008, 11:20 AM

Why I Eyes Ya!,

We agree. I have no problem with Jehovah either, I just use the above verses to give to the JW whan they say anything about God's name. They do not like that very much at all. I just do mit to mess with them.

I have also never seen ' Yahweh ' in the Bible. I say call God by his names written in the Bible. He has many names in the Bible and ' Yahweh ' is not one of them. Call him The Lord or Jehovah, that is fine. Just stick with the book and you'll always be ok.

Atllas