Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:34 AM
jerry

Kevin, what are you doing quoting some made up translation on a King James Bible forum? Don't you think that is a little inappropriate? You come on here because you supposedly believed the KJV - but you make up names that aren't from there, and now you are quoting some other version or a version you made up. Can you make up your mind? Those of us who came here to fellowship over the King James Bible would really like if you would get with the program, and use, study from, and quote from that Bible. Thanks.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-03-2008, 08:32 AM
kevin

Jerry I do use the KJV.

However, I also use the proper names that are within the manuscripts, whether Hebrew or Greek.

For instance, I know that Jesus, is in the KJV. But, if we are to honor our Creator, then we should use the name that the Creator gave.

Yahshua is the name that was given. Yah being Yahweh, Shua being the Savior. Other words Yahweh's Savior.

If you wanted to keep the 1611, then why aren't you saying Iesus?

By the way, do you realize how non-English people would pronounce Jesus or Iesus? "H'soos". Now if a Jewish Apostle were to call the Messiah H'soos, do you realize what he would be saying? In Hebrew the letter "h" sounds like "hey" and it means "the". While "soos" means "horse". So in reality Christians, when they say Jesus [h'soos] they are not speaking of a Savior, but of those war horses of Rev. 6.

Yes I think the KJV is the best. But I will honor the TRUE WORDS of Yahweh!

On that thought of Yahweh.

We know in Gen. 2, Yahweh breathed that breathe of life into thee man.

Do you realize, that every time you inhale and exhale you are saying the names of Yahweh and Yahshua. Try it.

Now try to say God, while you inhale and exhale.

Yahweh Bless

Kevin
Old 02-03-2008, 09:56 AM
ok.book.guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Kevin, what are you doing quoting some made up translation on a King James Bible forum? Don't you think that is a little inappropriate? You come on here because you supposedly believed the KJV - but you make up names that aren't from there, and now you are quoting some other version or a version you made up. Can you make up your mind? Those of us who came here to fellowship over the King James Bible would really like if you would get with the program, and use, study from, and quote from that Bible. Thanks.
I agree with you bro. Jerry.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:51 AM
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Yahshua is the name that was given. Yah being Yahweh, Shua being the Savior. Other words Yahweh's Savior.
Not according to the King James Bible or the original Greek New Testament. His name in English is Jesus, in Greek it is iesous - not much different. Even in the OT, the equivalent is Joshua, not the Hebrew Roots garbage you are coming up with.

Quote:
The King James was translated in 1611 - but unless you get a reprint with the original errors still included, no one today is using a 1611, but instead are using the 1769. The difference is the spelling has been standardized and the printing errors have been corrected.

Quote:
On that thought of Yahweh.

We know in Gen. 2, Yahweh breathed that breathe of life into thee man.

Do you realize, that every time you inhale and exhale you are saying the names of Yahweh and Yahshua. Try it.

Now try to say God, while you inhale and exhale.

Yahweh Bless
What planet was that you said you came from?
Old 02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
In the interest of accuracy, it should be noted that the Iesus spelling in the 1611 edition was still Jesus. Before English had standardized spelling it was typical to use an I for a j when it was upper-case and starting a word. In fact, in the 1611 edition there is not a single word that begins with a capital J. They are all written I.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:04 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

The King James was translated in 1611 - but unless you get a reprint with the original errors still included, no one today is using a 1611, but instead are using the 1769. The difference is the spelling has been standardized and the printing errors have been corrected.

What "original errors" are in the 1611?

On the issue of "Jesus+Iesus", I agree with Bro. Brandon.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:32 PM
jerry

There were various printing errors that were fixed in later editions. Spelling was also standardized in 1762 and 1769. Buying an original 1611 with those changes not in it would actually be counterproductive.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:53 PM
kevin

you all got your wish

good bye

Yahweh Bless

Kevin

Brandon take me off your mailing please
Old 02-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
you all got your wish
Well, I can only speak for myself, but it wasn't my wish to see you leave. As for the mailing list, each one is sent out with an unsubscribe link. Think about unsubscribing though -- are you unsubscribing because other people who subscribe to the list disagree with you?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:28 AM
kevin

Yes.

Even though I use the KJV, I personally use the names that were giving during that time period. For that I am ridiculed!

I never promote, this usage, I never offended anyone that use Jesus or God.

I thought this forum was for education purpose. I started this topic, on the pagan outline of the 1611. After all, isn't this call AV 1611. I just found it interesting on how the publisher of the 1611 uses the pagan symbols in Yahweh's Word.

Brandon, I will go to the e-mail link and follow the unscribe procedure.

Yahweh Bless

Kevin