Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:24 PM

Revangelist,

Quote:
Works has noting to do with salvation, we both know that.
No we do not agree on that. I do not keep myself saved, you do keep yourself saved. We do not agree on works has nothing to do with salvation. I will not let you say we agree when we do not agree.

WE DO NOT AGREE THAT WORKS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SALVATION.

I say it does not, you must have works to stay saved, well you think so anyway.

Atlas
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Revangelist

You are taking this as a personal attack. It's not. So, let's stop discussing it.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
I will not let you say we agree when we do not agree.
I agree with atlas.

My father has taught me how to deal with cults or heresy: Don't let them say what they think they said when what they said is not what they say they said.

Furthermore, I have observe many times that when they are cornered, they would sidetrack the issue such as: "You're narrowminded." "You're judgmental." "You hate us." "You're attacking our person." etc.etc.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Revangelist

Just because someone might disagree with you doesn't make them a cult of heredical. You will find MANY people who disagree with you on many issues. You could be very alone with that kind of thinking. And I'm not talking about true cults that teach strange salvation doctrines and those kinds of things.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:49 PM

I do not call anybody who disagrees with me a "cult". I'm simply implying that some people does the same thing that cults do.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:13 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

Heresy, however, means false teaching....
Old 03-24-2008, 10:36 PM

I noticed when reading through different threads that there were accusations of "re-interpreting" and not believing Scripture.
That's true. Why don't we consider Paul:

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

Then he said:

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:48 AM
Revangelist

Biblestudent,

I believe those verses. I realize Paul was speaking to "Pastor" Timothy, but, it still stands. It goes along with:

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

But it needs to be balanced with:

Galatians 6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Yes, we are always learning. No one has is completely right. People have been "ironing out" disagreements for a VERY long time. Not even my wife and I agree on all things. Yet, those areas are not points of contention.

One of the reasons we fellowship together is to help each other learn. So, the verses you gave are good, but need a qualifier, in my opinion.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Pastor Mikie

...and another verse that shows we are still learning and don't have it 100% correct on all issues:

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:59 AM

Revangelist,
1 John 2:27 is not written to the "church, WHICH is the body of Christ" (Eph. 1:22,23). You know that the "church in the wilderness" (Acts 7) is not the same as as the "church, WHICH is His body". The "church in the wilderness" or the "church of the firstborn" in Hebrews (Exo. 4:22) is composed of HEBREWS - 12 tribes.
John is one of the 12 apostles to the 12 tribes of ISRAEL (Matthew 10). Paul is the one apostle to the one body composed of Jew and Gentile.

Furthermore, God has given in the CHURCH AGE pastors and teachers. There will be NO MORE pastors and teachers IN THE KINGDOM AGE.

1 John 2:27... ye need not that any man teach you: ...
Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.