Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

View Poll Results: What do you think of BJU?
They are evil rotten sinners for not solely using the KJV. 0 0%
They are evil rotten sinners for not solely using the KJV.
0 0%
Something in between option #1 and #2 7 77.78%
Something in between option #1 and #2
7 77.78%
They are good people that have been deceived into believing a lie. 0 0%
They are good people that have been deceived into believing a lie.
0 0%
Something in between option #3 and #5 2 22.22%
Something in between option #3 and #5
2 22.22%
All that they are saying about the version issue is right. 0 0%
All that they are saying about the version issue is right.
0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2008, 08:01 PM
tlewis3348

Default Revelation 22:15-21

I am a student at Bob Jones University, as my profile evidences. I am really enjoying it here. It seems that there is encouragement coming from every direction to be completely committed to doing God's will in my life. In all my classes, in chapel, prayer group and even the beginning of the year dorm party we are constently being challenged to follow God's will with our whole heart. The only downside that I see (the is always a downside to every good thing) is that the university believes that God's Word has been preserved in all the preserved manuscripts, not just the Majority Text and they therefore come to the conclusion that the KJV (although better in the formalness of its language) is not as accurate in its translation of the Greek. As a result of this I have been challenged to better know what I believe so that I can remain strong in it while I am here. Thus far I have either been able to refute arguments presented or find refutations to them except for one. That one is that when Erasmus compiled the last six verses of the Revelation in His Greek text he did not have a copy of the greek version and therefore introduced words that were not there in any Greek manuscript. I have tried to find information on this but I have not been able to find a source that even addresses the topic other than my teachers here. The only difference in the whole passage is in verse 19 where in the KJV it says "Book of Life" and in most other versions it says "Tree of Life." What they are saying does not sound right (I know that Erasmus was an extremely smart man and would not have done this just so that he would not have been inconvenienced by looking for a Greek version) but I can't find anything to prove to the contrary right now. Is there anyone out there that knows anything about this? I would greatly appreciate any help that you can afford.