General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:29 PM
KJVgal

Default Hi ya'll!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site, looks wonderful by the way! I'm an avid supporter of the KJV and my faith has been strengthened after I left Liberty University for the lack of standing on any bible(wish it was the KJV, howbeit, any version I could have "stomached") I love the language of the King James Bible and love the article written by Daryl Coates(I plan on reading a lot more articles later!) I'm going to church ran bible institute for a Bachelor in Bible from West Tennesee Bible Institute, its a KJV only place! It scares me after I had a "textbook" from Liberty on "How to Read the Bible" it was ludacrious by trying to spout doctrine from 20(something), I counted at one time, VERSIONS(not one a KJV mind you unless it was anti-KJV). I kept getting almost naseous everytime I logged on knowing that what I was reading (while some things could have been true, I knew that I didn't share their doctorine and felt like I was cheating myself and God). I withdrawaled this week and have applied to a state school for a B.A in English. Anyways, I thought I'd give a welcome(sorry it was this long!), and blessings to everyone!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:11 AM

Hi, KJVgal! I like your testimony. I'm glad you find this place.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:49 PM
dixiemama

The church world is getting 'worldly,!
My problem is the church we joined several years ago got a new pastor who uses the NKJV. and the members now use whatever they want!
I want to find a KJVO church and my husband is happy here. He is a deacon and sings in the choir.
I seem to discern more error than he does........what next?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:28 PM

A marriage is a blessed and sacred vow in many peoples life. God teachs us that the male is going to be responsible for the choice made in marriage. I find my wifes discussion with me helps me tremendiously in making a Godly dicision. Remain true to your husbands decision knowing there will be room for discussions that you may be able to influence him toward a choice that God would approve of and that he will be happy for someday. Even though this is a hard time remember that if you are in Gods will he has you in a place where He feels He can work through you. Let God and His Word able to work through you while discussing these hot topics among many who claim to "follow Christ" with any doctrine that comes along. I know of many wives whos husbands even forbid them go to church. After many years of prayer it was a miracle to have them in church, the husband made Christ his Savior, was baptized, and they became members as a couple. God does work although many times we may not see the fruit right away. Find comfort you have a husband open to the leqding of the Holy Spirit and allow His ministry to work through you. God will bless the meek.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiemama View Post
The church world is getting 'worldly,!
Ever heard of this? The church is getting worldly, and the world is getting "churchy".