General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:06 PM
jerry

I didn't say nor imply charismatics were a cult (though there certainly are groups within that spectrum that fit the bill - such as those that teach Oneness doctrine, Prosperity Gospel) - what I did say is that they teach false doctrine. Be offended if you want (I am not going to change my views just because you are a pentecostal or charismatic - I make no apology for firmly standing against false teachings - see Psalm 119:104, 128) - but make sure you are getting offended at what I actually said.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
I didn't say nor imply charismatics were a cult (though there certainly are groups within that spectrum that fit the bill - such as those that teach Oneness doctrine, Prosperity Gospel) - what I did say is that they teach false doctrine. Be offended if you want (I am not going to change my views just because you are a pentecostal or charismatic - I make no apology for firmly standing against false teachings - see Psalm 119:104, 128) - but make sure you are getting offended at what I actually said.
That makes sense!

Quote:
Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
Men will always be offended as they see through a glass, darkly. We should only be concerned if God is offended.