Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

View Poll Results: How does Jesus live within our hearts?
Lives within my heart via the Spirit of God 3 75.00%
Lives within my heart via the Spirit of God
3 75.00%
Lives within my heart Himself 0 0%
Lives within my heart Himself
0 0%
Other 1 25.00%
Other
1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Truth4Today

Default How Does Jesus Live In Our Heart?

I would like to know how Jesus lives within our hearts? Some say thay He lives via the Holy Spirit. Others say that He lives their Himself. Which is it and why? Or is it to understood some other way?

- “One accurate measurement is worth more than a thousand expert opinions”

- “...this is the Word of God; come, search, ye critics, and find a flaw; examine it, from its Genesis to its Revelation, and find an error... This is the book untainted by any error; but is pure, unalloyed, perfect truth. Why? Because God wrote it. Ah! charge God with error if you please; tell him that his book is not what it ought to be. I have heard men, with prudish and mock-modesty, who would like to alter the Bible; and (I almost blush to say it) I have heard ministers alter God's Bible, because they were afraid of it... Pity they were not born when God lived far—far back that they might have taught God how to write.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon (Spurgeon's Sermons Volume 1: Sermon II p. 31)

- “If, therefore, any do complain that I have sometimes hit my opponents rather hard, I take leave to point out that 'to everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the sun' : 'a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embracing' : a time for speaking smoothly, and a time for speaking sharply. And that when the words of Inspiration are seriously imperilled, as now they are, it is scarcely possible for one who is determined effectually to preserve the Deposit in its integrity, to hit either too straight or too hard.” Dean John William Burgon (The Revision Revised. pp. vii-viii)
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-24-2008, 06:53 PM
look3467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth4Today View Post
I would like to know how Jesus lives within our hearts? Some say thay He lives via the Holy Spirit. Others say that He lives their Himself. Which is it and why? Or is it to understood some other way?

- “One accurate measurement is worth more than a thousand expert opinions”

- “...this is the Word of God; come, search, ye critics, and find a flaw; examine it, from its Genesis to its Revelation, and find an error... This is the book untainted by any error; but is pure, unalloyed, perfect truth. Why? Because God wrote it. Ah! charge God with error if you please; tell him that his book is not what it ought to be. I have heard men, with prudish and mock-modesty, who would like to alter the Bible; and (I almost blush to say it) I have heard ministers alter God's Bible, because they were afraid of it... Pity they were not born when God lived far—far back that they might have taught God how to write.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon (Spurgeon's Sermons Volume 1: Sermon II p. 31)

- “If, therefore, any do complain that I have sometimes hit my opponents rather hard, I take leave to point out that 'to everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the sun' : 'a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embracing' : a time for speaking smoothly, and a time for speaking sharply. And that when the words of Inspiration are seriously imperilled, as now they are, it is scarcely possible for one who is determined effectually to preserve the Deposit in its integrity, to hit either too straight or too hard.” Dean John William Burgon (The Revision Revised. pp. vii-viii)
How hard can it be to answer you that question? I see there are 50 reads and yet not one response?
Opening verse: Mat 8:20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

The object is where “to lay His head”.

ISA 66:1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is ""the house"" that ye build unto me? and ""where is the place of my rest?""

..“The place of my rest”..?

The place of Gods rest is with mankind after Jesus takes away sin and brings in everlasting righteousness, and that day and time was the day of His crucifixion.

When our hearts are given to know Him, our spirits are reborn with new understandings and where now Jesus finds a place of rest.

Rest here means that Jesus is found in your heart, and not necessarily what the word means to retire from work.

So, if Jesus lives, rests, abides, communes and is your friend, it is Jesus who has found a place in your heart to live in.

Once there, He does not leave, only you can decide how much of Him you will allow to be exercised.

Your soul is bought and paid for and does not belong to you!

1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

What needs to be worked out through trials and tribulations, is the love of God in us, that in any trial or tribulation condition, His love show fourth as one is given to His will.

His will: To Love God with all our heart, mind and soul, and second, to love our neighbor as thy self.

May I add that ones ability to meet those criteria does not just happen instantly! We must experience trials in order to learn it.

So that the question that Christians can’t really answer about another is: “I wonder if they really were saved”?

A change of heart is a strong indication Jesus rests there, for a change of heart means repentance, and repentance means having gained new knowledge that superseded the old.
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

We make no judgments concerning mankind’s relationship with God, only what comes out of the individual that we can discern whether it be of God or not.

Peace>>>AJ

Old 05-24-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
How hard can it be to answer you that question?
I for one, will never attempt an "easy" explanation. I will take what the Lord reveals to me from His Revelation and believe it by faith. This is like trying to understand how electricity works. Or the internet!

We are virtually united with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

God the Father in the believer:

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

The Son in the believer:

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

The Spirit in the believer:

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Also,
The believer is,

In the Father:

1 Thessalonians 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

In the Son:

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

In the Spirit:

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

How about all of us one in each other!

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Now that takes faith!!!
Old 05-24-2008, 08:36 PM
look3467

Quote:
Now that takes faith!!!
You ain't just ah whisling Dixie!

peace>>>AJ