Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainBibleBeliever514 View Post
I have a chart in a book somewhere at home that lists numerous anatomy comparisson points between herbi, carni and omnivores, and despite our 4 canines,
You've already been shown scripture that says we are omnivorous. Shouldn't that settle it? What is your final authority?

Quote:
When I went vegan, I never ever felt sickly, I lost 80lbs in 6 months, without working out (I was almost 300lbs to begin with). And to be
I was 280 pounds and switched to a virtually all-meat diet and lost 80 pounds (most of which I lost in under a year). I am now eating a more well-rounded diet at a steady weight of 185. I am healthier than I was during High School.

It's fine if you don't want to eat meat. But you should stay away from the stuff that teaches precepts about diet that are contrary to Scripture.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-03-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
I always find it interesting that the things vegetarians tell me often contradict Scripture. I'll stick with Scripture (and the high-protein diet that helped bring me down to 185 from 280 pounds).
to that Brother! I lift weights and I cannot imagine eating anything less than a High Protein diet, more protein and less carbs = leaner and less slugish
(Munching on Chicken legs and Protein shake as I write this )
The only thing I do try and avoid are eggs, Lamb liver & kidney. Eggs for the wind problem and the rest are just plain disgusting

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1 Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1 Timothy 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Now I know that the Catholic Church has commanded its followers to not eat meat on friday and lent etc and I know of new agers (Wiccans to be specific) that claim a vegetarian diet leaves their bodies more open to spirits (familiar of course according to the Holy Bible)

I Give thanks to God for my Food, all of it, animal vegetable and mineral

ps. I am not knocking a vegetarian diet, I personally couldnt even contemplate one, I love Protein and meat to much.

Isaac loved his meat also

Genesis 27:14 And he went, and fetched, and brought them to his mother: and his mother made savoury meat, such as his father loved.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:37 PM

BABB, I want to stress that you should eat whatever it is that is comfortable for you. If you find the a certain diet works for you, that is fine. Even recommending to others what has worked for you is okay. As Brandon has said above, the trouble starts when you try to tie in Scriptural principles that cannot withstand examination. I am not criticizing you, but I am obligated to point out inconsistencies in the use of Scripture when prompted by God's Spirit to do so.

P.S. I am NOT letting my wife read how you and Brandon have lost all that weight on these diets. She has been on my case for several months now, and I keep dodging and weaving, albeit very sluggishly.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
I've been convinced from my readings that all animal products and processed foods are utter poison for the body, with rare exceptions.
All animal products are utter poison? Did you read the link I posted?
You think a nice grilled slab of fish is "poison" because it's animal life?
Come on brother...

Quote:
Did you know a burger patty takes 4 days to get passed through your body?
LOL, now you're gettin' nasty...
How about this one, meat cake with mashed potato icing...

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 04-03-2009 at 09:55 PM.