Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:12 AM

Default The timing of the word

When the KJB was penned it was done at a key point in history that was not only the perfect time for its birth but also for it to be the foundational platform for a language that would transform the world. The reformation was the prior labour necessary that Europe needed to encounter so that the world could gain access to the very thing that it had been denied for so long, by a church, that is no church at all. And as a result of centuries of satanic oppression, opposition & persecution was birthed the most beautiful and powerful piece of literature that this world has ever known.

That was the right moment in time (birthed in blood) when God's word could fit into a style of English that possessed the correct capacity to represent it properly.
In other words “spiritual revelation” determined what was to be written in the English tongue (& that was done with the utmost sense of reverential awe).

Today that is not the case! What we are encountering today is "a worldly godless culture" that has not only gained a controlling voice within western Christendom, but is also determining what is to be placed into the text of these "so called new versions".

In 1611 the obvious fruits of the reformation was that the word of God was determining culture of the day, as today culture is determining factor behind what the word of God ought to say. The source of authority was what God said – now the word of God is being determined by what we say!

It was Tyndale who not only took on the “so called” experts of his day, but took from those same “experts” what which wasn’t known (i.e. The Scriptures) into the hands of the common people.
Today, that what is known is being taken from the common folk into the hands of the experts once again (e.g. “unless you speak Greek you are without authority!”)

Can you see what they are doing? They are taking our sword out of our hands (the purchase of which was the blood of so many martyrs) and giving us many different sizes & styles of sticks to fight each other with that can do no harm to our real enemy, but only each other).

When the KJB argument is entered into it is not a preference of English styles or words but a spiritual battle of the hottest sorts. And just look how far they will go their version of the Bible to create their own god.

http://www.princessdianabible.com/Genesis.html
http://www.alittleleaven.com/2007/11...y-lesbian.html

“Yea hath God said” – the lie has never changed – it is just another old scenario happening to a whole new generation.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-21-2009, 10:39 AM

Default After thought

Hello all - sorry if you think my grammar is bad on occasions but my key board is giving me problems (missing out letters & even words at times).

Concerning my original points - I thought that you may find this an interesting link to look at, as he touches on some good points himself.

http://www.billbaileyministries.org/biblesetupa.htm

God bless

PaulB
Old 06-21-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
When the KJB was penned it was done at a key point in history that was not only the perfect time for its birth but also for it to be the foundational platform for a language that would transform the world. The reformation was the prior labour necessary that Europe needed to encounter so that the world could gain access to the very thing that it had been denied for so long, by a church, that is no church at all. And as a result of centuries of satanic oppression, opposition & persecution was birthed the most beautiful and powerful piece of literature that this world has ever known.

That was the right moment in time (birthed in blood) when God's word could fit into a style of English that possessed the correct capacity to represent it properly.
In other words “spiritual revelation” determined what was to be written in the English tongue (& that was done with the utmost sense of reverential awe).

Today that is not the case! What we are encountering today is "a worldly godless culture" that has not only gained a controlling voice within western Christendom, but is also determining what is to be placed into the text of these "so called new versions".

In 1611 the obvious fruits of the reformation was that the word of God was determining culture of the day, as today culture is determining factor behind what the word of God ought to say. The source of authority was what God said – now the word of God is being determined by what we say!

It was Tyndale who not only took on the “so called” experts of his day, but took from those same “experts” what which wasn’t known (i.e. The Scriptures) into the hands of the common people.
Today, that what is known is being taken from the common folk into the hands of the experts once again (e.g. “unless you speak Greek you are without authority!”)

Can you see what they are doing? They are taking our sword out of our hands (the purchase of which was the blood of so many martyrs) and giving us many different sizes & styles of sticks to fight each other with that can do no harm to our real enemy, but only each other).

When the KJB argument is entered into it is not a preference of English styles or words but a spiritual battle of the hottest sorts. And just look how far they will go their version of the Bible to create their own god.

“Yea hath God said” – the lie has never changed – it is just another old scenario happening to a whole new generation.
Paul,

Profound thoughts and I think very true. Thanks for sharing them.

Jennifer
Old 06-21-2009, 02:58 PM

Default to Greenbear

Thankyou Jennifer,
One of the things that must be sought out is the reason behind the production of a “version”. It is obvious to me that there was an agenda behind the production of the likes of the NIV (Nothing Is Visible!) and it certainly wasn’t the same motive that brought about the production of the KJB.
One was destined to take us away from Rome – the other to usher us back to it.
There are also other motives and the proponents of the New World Order know (and have done for the centuries in which they have been passing on the baton) – and that is this;
If they are to establish a new order of things from which they can rule the world, then the demolition of the existing order has to be broken down with subtly, secrecy & force.
It is no accident that we have an abundance of conflicting versions today it is a subtle way of diving the enemy. For a version such as the gay & Lesbian version to gain acceptance, it had to firstly have a forerunner such as the NIV. It seems now that every new version is a step further and further away from what was originally written.
I dread to think what the bible of the “One world church” will be like!

Truth is an absolute measuring rod by which we can determine what is right from what is wrong and the leading designers behind the new religion to come (that is forming before our very eyes) are removing that concept from the minds of the multitudes. This is being done by philosophies such as postmodernism and political correctness. It is a way of changing the times and making the church feel as though it is out of touch, behind the times and irrelevant. The trouble is many pastors are falling for it and throwing away their confidence in the truest concept of all “IT IS WRITTEN”.

We don’t need the Bible to change to embrace the culture we need to change the culture by the Bible that is how the saints have always operated.

As for me, I hold to the fact that the Bible is the living word of God and not stupid philosophy that only the “originals” were inspired. If that were true then even the Old testament quotes in the New Testament could be inspired as they are a translation from Hebrew into Greek.

Lets remember that God is as alive now as He was when Genesis was written. He didn’t give us ancient manuscripts only and then leave us to our own means of determining truth. These versions, just like the manuscripts they attempt to represent are part of a spiritual plan to take us away from the very thing that freed us in the dark ages.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
We don’t need the Bible to change to embrace the culture we need to change the culture by the Bible that is how the saints have always operated.
Paul, your statement above, in quote box, I disagree with.

While it's true we are salt and light in the world:

Matthew 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Ephesians 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

And that we are to pray for our worldly leaders (that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life):

1 Timothy 2:1-2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Our purpose on this earth is not to transform the world:

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

1 Peter 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Titus 3:1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

Rather, our purpose is to get men and women saved out of the world:

Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

2 Corinthians 5:18-20 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Last edited by greenbear; 06-21-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:23 PM

Default To Greenbear

Hello again - I'm not sure whether I have worded what I meant in the right way or not, or maybe you may have misunderstood what I intended to mean.

This is what I was attempting to communicate:

I do not agree with any (and certainly not) every cultral trend dictating what is to be written in anything that calls itself a Bible (e.g. TNIV). Because the Bible (as it stands in its preserved form) changes the hearts of the people who believe what it says (as it always has done) - thus creating a culture of its own (i.e. A true church).

I certainly do not accept the "kingdom now" Theology - I simply believe that the Word untouched does its own work - it doesn't need to be made relevant.
The philosophical ideas that are behind the new bible versions are done with a mentality of creating a new type of Christianity and this is why I posted the two links to illustrate that point.

I hope this has made things clearer.

God bless

PaulB
Old 06-21-2009, 04:49 PM
whirlwind

PaulB....yours is the first thread I have read as a newly-joined member. I couldn't have chosen a better one.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Hello again - I'm not sure whether I have worded what I meant in the right way or not, or maybe you may have misunderstood what I intended to mean.

This is what I was attempting to communicate:

I do not agree with any (and certainly not) every cultral trend dictating what is to be written in anything that calls itself a Bible (e.g. TNIV). Because the Bible (as it stands in its preserved form) changes the hearts of the people who believe what it says (as it always has done) - thus creating a culture of its own (i.e. A true church).

I certainly do not accept the "kingdom now" Theology - I simply believe that the Word untouched does its own work - it doesn't need to be made relevant.
The philosophical ideas that are behind the new bible versions are done with a mentality of creating a new type of Christianity and this is why I posted the two links to illustrate that point.

I hope this has made things clearer.

God bless

PaulB
Like I said before, I am sorry if I misunderstood you. I couldn't agree more with what you stated in this post and your first post. I guess I was kind of afraid you were also GaryB ( I think you both registered around the same time) and were setting a trap regarding mid-trib. Lol. I love what you've said about the KJB. I'm just very wary of christians who claim to be spiritual or physical Israel.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:09 PM
whirlwind

Quote:

Wonderful post.....
Old 06-22-2009, 09:39 AM

Default To Greenbear & Whirlwind

Thanks for your replies – both of them are very encouraging.
No one needs to be weary of my stance concerning the church or the word or anything that is fundamental to the faith. You will probably find that my position is just like that of Will Kinney on just about everything that I have read of his.
I say this, because I know that many people on AV forums are familiar with him.
I write things how I see them – the trouble is I don’t always word them as I should.

God bless you both