Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:12 AM

MC1171611,

Why think you for calling me a blind man or a liar.

What am I not being truthful about? A man called Rush that liked to get his " Hillbilly Heroin, " in a Denny's parking lot in a cigar box? Could it be the fact that someone defending him by saying we all live in glass houses. I'm sorry I have a bad attitude about the supposed leader of the GOP getting his Hillbilly Heroin in a parking lot. I'm sorry I have a bad attitude about people telling me not to judge this action and saying it is the same as someone smoking a Camel or a Winston. It's fine if this man makes some of you " feel proud to be an American " because some talk he gave at some Neocon meeting and this man makes some of you feel this way. Maybe some of you guys have " unrighteous judgements " as I have been said to have. One person starts on me for smoking, and I did for four years, seventeen years ago mind you. This is also the man that thinks any one can drink and live by the bible. Funny ain't it?

I do not care if I get banned by the way. Ban me and open a cold six pack and have a little fun today.

No how is that for " an attitude problem!!! "

Atlas
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Bro. Parrish

Atlas, my brother, are YOU popping pills?

I noticed you utterly failed to respond to my post no. 12,
while you were bashing Rush Limbaugh for popping LEGAL pills, I couldn't help but notice you TWICE dropped the names of William F. Buckley and Milton Friedman, who BOTH called for the legalization of ILLEGAL drugs like marijuana and worse...

How do you respond to that brother?

So while on the one hand you are calling Rush a "dope head" you are promoting the thoughts of other imperfect men who if allowed would see our American streets and public clinics overrunning with "dope heads." I don't completely dislike Buckley or your other list, but you are WAY out in left field here, and everyone is watching as you keep dropping the ball.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:38 PM

BP,

Quote:
I noticed you utterly failed to respond to my post no. 12,
I did so because is was not worthy of a reply. You pushed the issue so here it is.

You are correct some on my list called for legalization of drugs. I'll also bet 100% on my list were/would be for the legalization of wine, beer and other spirits. I would fully disagree with them on this issue 100%. I see no difference between spirits or drugs. That being said not one of them used any drugs to my knowledge. They wee not down at Denny's in the parking lot getting their fix, unlike Rush the so called new leader of the GOP. We not only have people here how believe in the legalization of spirits, but think it is fine for Christians to drink spirits and think they can do so and not sin. Where do you stand on the drinking of spirits and do you think that spirits should be illegal? Do you think it is a sin to drink. If not why don't you drink? If you do drink how much do you drink and why? What is the difference between legalization drugs or spirits? If drinking spirits is not a sin why would using hillbilly heroin be a sin?

So here is my reply. I also hope you will reply to my questions. Is there any thing else I can do for you?

Here is a little hillbilly heroin rap song for you, to bad Rush did not write it.

HA HA HA HA HA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N-7TPjt7MU

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 03-04-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
As far as smoking goes. Sure I did smoke for four years of my life age 16 to to 20. When I found out it was a sin I stopped doing it. Before I knew it was a sin I thought of smoking like drinking a Coke or a Pepsi. I also no longer use caffeine either, I think it's bad for you so I stopped drinking pop also. Are you saying some guy smoking a Winston is the same as a man using hillbilly heroin? I guess Rush had not idea that he was hooked on hillbilly heroin and it was the wrong thing to do. Aren't you the same person that thinks drinking is not a sin? I'll bet you've got a six pack in the fridge right now. I'll also know this I can give you many Bible verses about drinking and if your lucky you may can find one they may or may not be used for smoking.

Sure I have apologized for some things I have said when I am in the wrong. I never do apologize when I am right however. I see no need to do so. Are you for the use of hillbilly heroin to get high? Do you think it is right to defend a drug addict by saying we all have sinned? We all have sinned no doubt about it. Well can you not say the same for a thief? Well it's ok that Ken Lay robbed everyone at Enron, we all live in glass houses so no need to judge him right.

Look if you guys want to listen to a guy that was on hillbilly heroin for years that is fine with me. If he makes you proud to be an American, well that's ok with me. Just do not defend a druggie and say he is the best this party has to offer. then keep it up. Let a dope head be the mind power behind our party that could have much better leaders. I just ask why dumb down the party. Why not use some of the classical ideas that built the party? Why not use some good leaders that we do have. Why not Newt? Why not someone else. Why dose it have to be a pill popper when we can do far better. That was the point of the whole post to start with. The point many of you have missed. We have went from Jefferson, Goldwater, Regan, Buckley, Rand and Friedman to Rush. Think that over a little. This is not good for our party or our nation.
Atlas
I wonder what's in your closet brother that you lash out at an unsaved man, and then falsely accuse the brethren?
I was an heroin addict for 30 years. I was a liberal for many of those years. I have no real use for Rush, but I do thank him for helping me change my mind about liberalism while I was still lost.
Have you forgotten you were lost?
Were you the one who cleaned yourself up?
I think the comment on your "vision" may have been right on.

2 Peter 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

It's pretty pathetic you lash at these folks for agreeing(not idolizing) some statements Rush made, and then you prop up your idols (philandering Newt, et al) in a what is blatant hypocrisy.

Are you still lost? I know unsaved folks with more grace than how you've presented yourself here. The only person who has "pushed the issue" is you.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
BP,
I did so because is was not worthy of a reply. You pushed the issue so here it is. You are correct some on my list called for legalization of drugs.

Well thanks for answering but I'm not sure why you seem to be so rude today. I have never seen you react this way brother, I hope you are okay.

At any rate Atlas, your reply kinda makes your entire objection to Rush moot in my book. Here you are, condemning someone for unintentionally getting hooked on LEGAL drugs, but promoting leaders like William F. Buckley who himself admitted to smoking POT and would INTENTIONALLY steer our nation to the legalization of weed, heroin, crack, etc.... is that what you call "quality leadership" for the GOP?

So in essence you seem to be "blowing in the wind" here. Are you aware that Buckley himself was hooked on nicotene for a decade, and smoked cigars for 10 more years after that until he puffed himself into a diagnosis at the Mayo Clnic with emphysema? Do you see how silly that renders your attack on Rush and those who enjoy his commentary?

Not angry at you Atlas, just a little confused by your comments today.
And to answer your question brother, NO I do not drink alcohol, I have never smoked a single cigarette or "joint" and I have never once been drunk in my life. But, I still have vices and faults, JUST LIKE YOU. Yes, I'm talking to you my brother with the beam in your eye. Now are you sure you want to pursue this? Can't we all just... get along?

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 03-04-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
BP,

I did so because is was not worthy of a reply. You pushed the issue so here it is.

You are correct some on my list called for legalization of drugs. I'll also bet 100% on my list were/would be for the legalization of wine, beer and other spirits. I would fully disagree with them on this issue 100%. I see no difference between spirits or drugs. That being said not one of them used any drugs to my knowledge. They wee not down at Denny's in the parking lot getting their fix, unlike Rush the so called new leader of the GOP. We not only have people here how believe in the legalization of spirits, but think it is fine for Christians to drink spirits and think they can do so and not sin. Where do you stand on the drinking of spirits and do you think that spirits should be illegal? Do you think it is a sin to drink. If not why don't you drink? If you do drink how much do you drink and why? What is the difference between legalization drugs or spirits? If drinking spirits is not a sin why would using hillbilly heroin be a sin?

So here is my reply. I also hope you will reply to my questions. Is there any thing else I can do for you?

Here is a little hillbilly heroin rap song for you, to bad Rush did not write it.

HA HA HA HA HA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N-7TPjt7MU

Atlas
You are out of control Atlas. You've got some serious issues that need to be dealt with immediately.

You know, I smoke marijuana for nearly 10 years of my life and only quit at that time because I got caught (of course I now see intoxicants as sinful for very biblical reasons). But I gotta say I'm sure glad I had good brothers and sisters in Christ that forgave me and didn't judge me for being an addict in my past. Boy if even one of those brothers had've been like you I sure wouldn't have gotten through the intense shame I felt as a babe in Christ. Even the ultra-arminian Mennonite friends of mine forgave me and didn't say a single word about my past substance abuse when I told them my story.

*sigh* man, your attitude stinks.

Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 03-04-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
I wonder what's in your closet brother that you lash out at an unsaved man, and then falsely accuse the brethren?
I was an heroin addict for 30 years. I was a liberal for many of those years. I have no real use for Rush, but I do thank him for helping me change my mind about liberalism while I was still lost.
Have you forgotten you were lost?
Were you the one who cleaned yourself up?
I think the comment on your "vision" may have been right on.

2 Peter 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

It's pretty pathetic you lash at these folks for agreeing(not idolizing) some statements Rush made, and then you prop up your idols (philandering Newt, et al) in a what is blatant hypocrisy.

Are you still lost? I know unsaved folks with more grace than how you've presented yourself here. The only person who has "pushed the issue" is you.
AMEN, Glory to God! Debau, thank you for this! Love you brother, and thanks be to God for your deliverance!

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 03-04-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
MC1171611,
I do not care if I get banned by the way. Ban me and open a cold six pack and have a little fun today.

No how is that for " an attitude problem!!! "

Atlas
You had a long period of time after your last tantrum where you left the forum/didn't post. If you really don't want to be here (again) then pack up your toys (again) and leave (again). This trying to provoke your way into getting banned is pretty silly.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
You had a long period of time after your last tantrum where you left the forum/didn't post. If you really don't want to be here (again) then pack up your toys (again) and leave (again). This trying to provoke your way into getting banned is pretty silly.
BURN!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
What am I not being truthful about?
You made a blanket accusation that several people here belong to some form of "cult" because they like Rush's commentary. That's a false accusation and therefor untruthful.

Quote:
A man called Rush that liked to get his " Hillbilly Heroin, " in a Denny's parking lot in a cigar box? Could it be the fact that someone defending him by saying we all live in glass houses. I'm sorry I have a bad attitude about the supposed leader of the GOP getting his Hillbilly Heroin in a parking lot.
I don't care much about your sorrow, but I just don't get why the man's past problems with a prescription drug are such a focus for you, or why you think this gives you free reign to call a bunch of people here cultists. I haven't even seen anyone here say they want Rush to lead them in anything.

Quote:
I'm sorry I have a bad attitude about people telling me not to judge this action
Here's more of you being untruthful. Who told you not to judge the action? What does that have to do with you constantly bashing down on the man for something he did in his past (and apologized for, in public and on air)? And then you mention Newt! Someone who divorced his wife! I like Newt too, but your weights are indeed "divers."
Proverbs 20:23 Divers weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance is not good.
Quote:
and saying it is the same as someone smoking a Camel or a Winston.
Smoking is worse than getting temporarily addicted to pain medication. Smoking is a constant act of temple defilement. It's slow pollution of the body makes it all the more insidious. But I still wouldn't "break out the brimstone" for a smoker the way you've done it on Rush.

Quote:
It's fine if this man makes some of you " feel proud to be an American " because some talk he gave at some Neocon meeting and this man makes some of you feel this way.
Actually, the CPAC speech was quite good, and I wonder what there is about it that you disagree with. Wait, no, I don't really care.

The point is, acknowledging that Rush gives a good speech or has good commentary doesn't amount to approval of his sins. Get it?