Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2009, 06:51 PM

Default The King Job Bible

While reading recently through the book of Job, I couldn't help but noticing something in the eloquent wording of the King James. It seemed to me as though while Job was speaking to his audience, that the AV was addressing its audience of "wannabees", imitations, and counterfeits.

Job 6:24-30
24. Teach me, and I (KJB) will hold my tongue: and cause me to understand wherein I have erred.
25. How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?
26. Do ye imagine to reprove words, and the speeches of one that is desperate, which are as wind?
27. Yea, ye overwhelm the fatherless, and ye dig a pit for your friend.
28. Now therefore be content, look upon me; for it is evident unto you if I lie.
29. Return, I pray you, let it not be iniquity; yea, return again, my righteousness is in it.
30. Is there iniquity in my tongue? cannot my taste discern perverse things?

Job 42:7 And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.

The Book does speak, and oh how sweet it is to hear from the words of the living God!

Has it spoken to you lately?