Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Brother, my response is not peculiar at all. If I had an objection to anyone being a Baptist, I would not be in this forum. Here I am, a dissenter to one of the fundamentals of IFB faith and practice, "following the Lord in believer's baptism", yet I feel welcome as a fellowsoldier by the webmaster and the other members, you included. I don't feel a whit behind any Christian in this forum, and hope I have reciprocated in that though we disagree on water baptism, not a single one of you is behind me in knowledge and faith.
Ahh brother Tony, I see you are off topic and back in my face again about believer's baptism. Why is that...?

Quote:
This is my problem and not yours...
I agree, you do seem to have a problem.
But it doesn't keep me from loving you brother.

Quote:
but I find it a bit disquieting to say "you can quote all the Scripture you want BUT..." I'm not speaking for Matthew, he is quite able to speak for himself without me, Matthew's quotation of Romans 14 was not to support the anti-KJV position, but a commentary on Christian practice between Christians. It was between you and him. But you did the same thing to me in the water baptism thread and then said not to even address you over there anymore on the topic of the thread.
Well I didn't want to argue with your hyperdispensational nonsense, and I still don't. You were never asked to LEAVE THE THREAD over there, but since only 5 people agreed with you I guess that's why you are here, INJECTING the issue into another thread.

Quote:
It's my personal opinion you don't have any Scripture to counter my position over there and it's fallen upon poor brother George to bell the cat with me over there, the church splittin' dry cleaner, and I am smiling saying that.
Yes, well crocodiles smile too, perhaps your ugly side is coming out (?) Fact is, Bullingerites, Hyperdispensationalists and other "dry cleaners" have busted up many good Bible churches over the years, and several of us have presented plenty of scripture, but you chose to ignore it and no doubt will continue to do so, like others of your persuasion (in this case all five of you).

Who cares, we're used to it.
Bottom line; you are HUNG UP ON THIS, it's plain to see, as you are now forcing the issue into other threads where it doesn't belong, like a square peg into a round hole.

Quote:
I call that a peeky-boo defense, like a boxer.
Well, I call that looking for a fight (baiting) and the comment of a trouble maker, brother. Kind of like your off-the-wall comment here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112
Though I am a fundamentalist Christian, that is the reason I am not now and never will be a Baptist: That bloodcurdling, Pharisaic, separationist authoritarianism I found manifest in the Ruckman forum on Yahoo in 2005-6.
Quote:
I think we need Scripture to back what we feel is sound doc... Don't think for an instant I am persecuting Baptists. I rail just as fervently against the anti-evangelism of the Stamite teachings which is rooted in Calvinism and their rejection of there being an inspired Bible as I do the needless practice of water baptism as an "ordinance".
Well, by your own admission in that comment above, you do indeed RAIL AGAINST BAPTISTS, and I am still wondering why you have been given a green light for your snide remarks and cheap shots on this forum. Either way, telling Christians that their believer's baptism is UNSCRIPTURAL and part of the mosaic law is STILL wrong. George already said you are wrong. Chette indicated you are wrong. Brandon said you are wrong. Bro. Tim and Fredoheaven also indicated you are in error. Why not take up your contention with THEM?

Quote:
Perhaps I am misunderstanding you in this statement I find disquieting, maybe it was worded wrong, a strict reading of what you said defines me and Matthew Ward as false teachers, we quoted Scripture to you, you objected to it on that count.
No I did not. Let's just stop the wagon here and let me ask you; WHERE DID I OBJECT TO THE QUOTING OF SCRIPTURE? Get that church splitting beam out of your eye and read my text carefully brother:

"Matthew, you can post all the verses you want, but we're not going to stop defending the King James Bible."

EXACTLY WHERE do you see me telling anyone to STOP QUOTING SCRIPTURE? Put your glasses on, read it again, son.

While you're doing that, let's face it—I wasn't the only one who questioned Matthew's comments, so while you're at it go ahead and review posts 163 and 164 too.

Quote:
Brother, you and I are united in the clasp of the right hand of fellowship, and you are the one that has to let go.
Sorry, I don't even know what that means.
If we are united, why do I need to "let go?" Is that your idea of UNITY? Here's a suggestion for you brother... stick to the topic, or go start trouble somewhere else. Either way, the Baptists aren't out to get you.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 05-26-2009 at 12:28 AM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-26-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
By the way is that your son? he's a fine looking boy, I know you must be thankful for such a beautiful family brother. God bless you as you continue in His Word...
Thank you for you kind comments...

Yes that is my son, he is 3. God has truly blessed my wife and I...

He has already memorized Psalm 1 and Psalm 23...yes in the KJV.