General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:42 PM

Default Advice

Well, this is my first post here in this almost new forum, I have known some here for a long time but am new to the rest. I wish to start this thread as a place for us to share general good advice for each other that may be of financial or health benefit.

My bit of advice today is for buyers of used cars, beware.
Run a "Carfax" with the serial number, one thing to watch out for is a car from California, this is ok if you live in California but if you don't be prepared to pay 4 times the price for emissions parts and used cars from California will need them.
I have been burned twice now and will have an open eye from now on.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Pastor Mikie

My bit of advice: A broken heart hurts more than a lonely heart.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:55 AM
IM4given

Since I recently moved into an apartment, only to have a bunch of noisy teens move into the place above me, which has become the "party pad" for the entire neighborhood - now I am moving out to a house in the country, my advice would be this...

know your neighbors!
Old 02-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Pat Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM4given View Post
Since I recently moved into an apartment, only to have a bunch of noisy teens move into the place above me, which has become the "party pad" for the entire neighborhood - now I am moving out to a house in the country, my advice would be this...

know your neighbors!
Hi I am new to this forum and can personally sympathise about having noisy neighbours in the semi detached house next door to me a while ago! It is empty at present and is being re-let, so I am praying fervently that the Lord will send me some decent people to live next door whom I can relate to! The world is a different place to that which I grew up in, and quite frightening as one gets older and feels more vulnerable! However, I am trusting the Lord day by day to provide for all my needs and to protect me from harm. He promises never to leave us nor forsake us - praise His Wonderful Name!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:31 PM

Pray before you leap and wait on the Lord.

Psalms 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Psalms 37:34 Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

Proverbs 20:22 Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.

Many problems vanish after prayer and a good night's sleep.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:42 PM

A quote I ran across recently that I thought was good advice:

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances. - Martha Washington
Old 04-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Pat Smith

The Lord has answered my prayers by sending me a Christian family as my new neighbours, who have just moved in! So I am so very thankful for His Mercy and Grace to me!