Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Reminds me of the time when I was a young Christian and I met "Brother Jack Hyles" and he signed my "Criswell Study Bible." For those who do not know, W.A. Criswell was pastor of the SBC, First Baptist in Dallas. He gave me a certain look...as if I was mocking him.
I got to go see Jack Hyles years ago, although I did not try to personally meet him. But I was very curious to hear him preach, as he is famous. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

I actually cannot remember what he preached about. I don't remember his sermon as being particularly special, but there was something about him. I would say he preached with authority. He was very blunt and straight to the point. He didnt waste words.

I've watched Ruckman a few times on YouTube, I like the way he preaches.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-16-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseed View Post
Wow Kiwi Christian,you have a pastor in NZ that is not hostile to the King James Bible....and he dosen't go septic at the name Ruckman!
That's correct, and I know of a few more pastor's in NZ who are like-minded, but as you say they are few and far between.

After getting saved in '93, the first pastor I was under for 7 years is still ministering in Auckland, he is a PBI (Dr Ruckmans 'Pensacola Bible Institute') graduate, and as far as I am aware the only PBI grad pastoring in NZ. I got my diploma of theology through a Bible Institute that he began in Auckland about 10 years ago.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
I got to go see Jack Hyles years ago, although I did not try to personally meet him. But I was very curious to hear him preach, as he is famous. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

I actually cannot remember what he preached about. I don't remember his sermon as being particularly special, but there was something about him. I would say he preached with authority. He was very blunt and straight to the point. He didnt waste words.

I've watched Ruckman a few times on YouTube, I like the way he preaches.
I grew up in Indiana, and have seen and heard and talked with Jack Hyles, he was a great man of God and a strong supporter of the KJV..

However Schapp who has taken over, while he is strong on the KJV, I cant believe he thinks obama is a saved born again christian.....
Old 03-17-2009, 10:23 AM

Maybe it is just me, but I don't get having anyone "sign" my Bible. I don't even write in my Bible anymore and I make notes otherwise. Saves on buying a new Bible if you decide you don't like what you wrote. I can see having someone sign one of their books. We have several books personally signed to us by the author(s) of the book. I can see having a picture taken with someone. We have some autographed 8x10 photos as well. I just don't get Bible signing...
Old 03-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
Maybe it is just me, but I don't get having anyone "sign" my Bible.
It's not just you.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:55 AM

Now you went and started meddling. Now nobody will ask me to sign their Bible when I become famous (or controversial ).

BTW, I agree with y'all, Brandon and JaeByrd.

I do have a signed picture of "W". Does that count?
Old 03-17-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koontzy View Post
I plan on attending his church next month for a sunday service...How hard is it to actually get to meet him...Hoping he maybe can sign my bible and a book of his...

Thanks
If a Bible is given as a gift I can see signing it as such. Brother Ruckman is not the Author of the Bible. His Book, go fo it.

Renee
Old 03-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
If a Bible is given as a gift I can see signing it as such. Brother Ruckman is not the Author of the Bible.
NO WAY, are you SERIOUS....
Ruckman didn't write the Bible?????????
Old 03-17-2009, 01:26 PM

Default Re: " Meeting Mr. Ruckman"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Now you went and started meddling. Now nobody will ask me to sign their Bible when I become famous (or controversial ).

BTW, I agree with y'all, Brandon and JaeByrd.

I do have a signed picture of "W". Does that count?
Aloha brother Tim,

When brother Ruckman came to the island of Oahu in 1973 and preached for (nearly) a week of meetings at the Koolau Baptist church, my wife and I (with our 5 children) spent more time with him (eating lunch each day & playing Tennis 2 or 3 nights 11;00- 12:00 p.m.) than any other people (including the pastors) in the church.

We tried real hard NOT to treat him as a "celebrity", and I never "pumped" him on Bible issues and doctrine. I addressed him as "brother" Ruckman and our conversations were mostly about Hawaii; the different islands; the people; their customs, the "fishing"; etc. {He spent more time talking to our oldest daughter Naomi (5 - 6 years old at the time), than he did with anyone else. He loves small children.}

I would feel both honored and pleased to receive a signed copy of any book (on or about Bible issues) written by you (Brother Tim), or any of the other wonderful brothers on the Forum; however, the whole time that brother Ruckman was in Hawaii, it never occurred to me to try to obtain his "autograph" on my Bible, or any other book for that matter. {And you know that I have a high regard (within Scriptural limits) for him.}

You may not believe this, but brother Peter Ruckman is fairly shy and nothing like his books. His "Bark" is far worse than his Bite".
Old 03-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
You may not believe this, but brother Peter Ruckman is fairly shy and nothing like his books. His "Bark" is far worse than his Bite".
LOL, true but remember I think he was a hand to hand combat instructor and he could easily kill you 52 ways with his bare hands... the last sermon I heard him preach he gave us detailed instructions on the best ways to bayonet an enemy, you have to get under the ribs man, UNDER THE RIBS!!!