Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:23 AM

Default The Ruckman Reference Bible

Guys,

Dr. Peter S. Ruckman is coming out with The Ruckman Reference Bible by the end of the year. I will tell you this, I'll bet ole Dr. Ruckman will be the only KJVO man out there with a Reference Bible. I also Like Dr. Ruckman, I'll bet this will be a wonderful Reference Bible. he has helped me learn more about God's word than any other man on this earth.

Even if you do not agree with him 100%, as I do not on everything. he has some very good books. I also bet this Bible will be top of the line. May God bless old Dr. Ruckman and let him live to see this Bible get published and out there in the market. This Bible may do what the Scofield Bible did at the turn of the last century. The good Lord knows we need a good study Bible out there by a good KJVO man. I hope this Bible helps put us back over the top. Please pray that this Bible will put many Christians back to the KJVO path. I know this is what Dr. Ruckman is praying for in these last days.

http://www.kjv1611.org/BBB/2005/jun-05.pdf

Atlas
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-10-2008, 01:39 AM

Guys,

I thought I'd add this.

Even if you disagree with Ruckman on the The Superiority of the KJV if you will read what he says about the issue you may agree far more than you think. Go read what he says about the issue, not what many others have told you what you thinks he says. I'll bet 99% of you will agree with him on this issue. Below is an example. If I find all of the reasons why the KJV is better than the originals I'll post them all later. There are like 10 or 12 reasons why the KJV is better. I do not recall them all, here are a few.

1. We can read the KJV, we can not read the originals, we do not have them.

2. Chapter and verse markings in KJV, not in the originals.

3. We have the KJV, we do not have the originals, nor did Paul have the originals of the O.T. for example.

4. With the KJV we only need to read one language, with the originals ( if we had them ) we'd have to be able to read three languages.

5. The KJV has them all in one book, if we had the originals they would not be all in one book.

Here is the link for the The Ruckman Reference Bible. It starts on page three.

http://www.kjv1611.org/BBB/2005/jun-05.pdf

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 03-10-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:37 AM

Well, as I've said in another thread, he does make sense many times. Nobody agrees with somebody, everybody, or anybody 100% of the time. If Dr. Ruckman doesn't make you think or angry, he'll make you laugh. My heroes in the faith are being called home by the Lord one by one. I pray God grant him many more years to live for Him.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:40 AM

I, too, wish to see the reference Bible show up soon.
Until then, here's a link to a good one. He's a little heavy on the tax/government stuff, but otherwise a worthwhile investment. He clears up everything Scofield messes up, and is very simple in handling confusing passages/doctrine.

http://www.purewordsoftruth.com/cmrb.html
Old 03-10-2008, 10:02 AM

Default The dangers with "Study" Bibles

The greatest danger with any "study" Bible is that it is not.

To put it more plainly: When one uses a "study" Bible to study, he no longer relies on the guidance and wisdom of the Holy Spirit to help, but instead gives attention to the notes written. You might argue that you are above that temptation. Very good for you. Judge yourself whether or not your eyes don't jump to the notes as soon as you see the footnote marker.

Secondly, notes in Bibles tend to have a greater value placed on them than separate works. The following is a true story:

My father was for about 10 years the Professor of Old Testament at the old Luther Rice Seminary in Jacksonville, FL. One day in class he was discussing a particularly difficult passage of Scripture, and was pointing out some of the challenges faced in the interpretation. At one point, a student stood to make a comment. He said, (paraphrased) "Dr. Keyes, the answer seems plain to me. It's right here in my Bible." My father said, as he often did when someone wanted to debate Scripture, "Read what it says." The student began reading the notes, almost as if they were Scripture. Everyone looked around at him, because they knew what was coming next. My father explained that if this student wanted to learn for himself, that he needed to get a plain-text Bible and put away his "study" Bible.

P.S. We left Luther Rice when they added the phrase "in the original manuscripts" to the statement of faith article on the inerrancy of the Bible.

Study Bibles have done more harm to the deeper knowledge of God's Word than much of the liberalism that is present in our churches today. Many of us have just become parrots of someone else's research and study.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:40 AM

pbiwolski,

I also have saw the common mans reference Bible. I thought about getting one. I just wanted to save my money until the RRB came out. That is what I have told my wife we should call it!

Do you have any idea how much it is going to cost? Also do you have any idea if it is going to be of good quality like the Scofield for example? I ask a few questions the last time I called the book store. Mum was the word. All they said was it would be out the end of the year.

Atlas
Old 03-10-2008, 11:44 AM

Using Brother Tim's logic, Sunday School is then a detriment to our children.

On the contrary, thank the Lord for giving light to godly men who devoted their lives to the study of the Scriptures. It is indeed a blessing to glean from their diligent work, and an incentive to dig a little deeper.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:48 AM

That's understandable.
No, I have no clue as to the cost, but I doubt it will be cheap. The quality, I'm certain, will be up to par.
I sure hope they stick with "the end of the year."
Old 03-10-2008, 11:52 AM

Biblestudent,

Quote:
Well, as I've said in another thread, he does make sense many times. Nobody agrees with somebody, everybody, or anybody 100% of the time.
Amen BS, I agree with you my friend on this issue. Nobody ever agrees 100% of the time. I do not agree with my wife 100% of the time but I do not stay away from her because of it.

Dr. Ruckman also gets a bad rap sometimes. Like many will tell you " he thinks the KJV is better than the origionals. " They will never tell you why he thinks so as I have stated above. They know if they do about 99% of the folks will see the logic behind what he is saying and agree with him. They hate Ruckman so bad they will not tell you why he believes what he believes. He has helped me learn more about the Bible than any man alive. he has helped thousands ans thousands of others also.

Atlas
Old 03-10-2008, 01:36 PM

I am certainly not against Sunday School or any other training program for children or adults, UNLESS that program tries to intermingle its teachings with the Word of God, creating dependency on that program, rather than training its students to be "unashamed workmen" of the Word.

I have nothing against Dr. Ruckman publishing a set of commentaries, if he so wishes. I just am against the intrusion of anyone's own ideas into the Bible itself, although that seems to be the popular trend. Just take a look at the bookstores.