General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:08 PM

Post New member!

Hello brothers and sisters! My name is Kurt.

I have wandered and wasted half of my life to glorify my sins. It reaches upon the mountains. I can’t bear to see it for it is so high it almost encloses the very sky. I am deeply ashamed. I have been confused and lost for so long. I have been ignorant for too long. But praise be to Jesus Christ! I am blessed that I found him; otherwise I would have perished under his wrath.

I have lived under a conservative family, I am an Episcopal, and I am very blessed. I have encountered very difficult obstacles in my life as I have been deaf since I was 2 and a half years old. This was very punishing and I held ill will towards myself while blaming God for my hearing loss. I communicate well with others, but I can’t hear the phone or music lyrics as most others do. The internet is a miracle for me, and also a curse for disinformation and distraction. I have been inside private schools all my life. I have graduated from a respective Catholic High School. I graduated from Texas Christian University with a degree in Fine Arts-Photography. Then I wasted time….

At 25, I started being led by the Spirit around 2006. I started asking myself difficult questions about my life. I questioned my existence, my purpose, the future of humanity, and questioned my accomplishments. I was overcome by darkness and thought to myself, ‘all this I have and I have done nothing.’ I trembled at this point. With nowhere to turn to, I grabbed my KJV Bible I had since I was 12. It was so confusing when I was little and it was still confusing at this point! I got angry. I asked my father for an easy, modern day bible. He gave me a Student NIV Bible and I read it beginning 2007. I grew slowly, one by one. While reading this I encountered false christs, false prophets, false doctrines, false churches, false everything- I was trying too hard for the internet to be my guide. I grew more liberal with my ideas, I started thinking in a collective way that we somehow all are part of one source; during this time, I exalted my thinking above God and showed my arrogant, prideful side in front of my family and friends. I started noticing my thinking patterns and by observing my family and friend’s emotional state towards me. This time, I felt even more fearful for my soul, I felt like I was dividing everything, and I was still sinning like everyone else. I broke down alone. I pleaded I knew no better. I lowered myself. I isolated myself.

Some time later, around late 2008, I stumbled into websites such as jesus-is-lord and jesus-is-savior. I researched and noticed articles about new versions. I immediately checked and compared verses with my NIV and KJV. I WAS SHOCKED!!! I quickly researched the translators, articles, different versions of the bibles, and read news not seen in most popular media outlets. I grew slowly in the Spirit with the KJV, and then I started accelerating my learning. Two weeks ago, I stumbled my way into this forum! After checking this site out and reading some deep articles, I just knew this site was right for me. I am glad my heart has led me to this site. I have so many questions to ask!

Currently, my heart still weighs me down; I’m being tempted from the things I still love in the past- it never goes away. This is what I get for getting used to urban life. I realize I can’t change overnight, even with this current knowledge but I’m blessed to know that I can begin to make my ways straighter by listening and sharing with my fellow brothers and sisters whom appear to have a much more delightful, honest, and loving relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-10-2009, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchmen View Post
Hello brothers and sisters! My name is Kurt...
Hi brother Kurt, I pray this forum is a blessing to your continued growth and faith in Jesus Christ. Praise God for your salvation and praise God that you now have the right Book settled in your heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchmen View Post
Currently, my heart still weighs me down; I’m being tempted from the things I still love in the past- it never goes away.
It may never go away, brother, but the closer you get to God the less in love you will be with those things from the past, and the easier it will be to say "NO".

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you...James 4:8a

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16

May God bless your life.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Tandi

Welcome Kurt!

Your testimony is a powerful witness.....I hope it will impact others to consider their ways.......and to consider that the KJV is the Word of God and changes lives, ends confusion, gives light unto our path. The modern versions are leading many to apostasy. God's preserved Word (KJV) is alive and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword!

Grow in grace and in the nurture and admonition of the LORD........

Shalom,

Tandi
Old 01-11-2009, 02:11 PM

Welcome to the forum, Kurt! I'm glad that you were led over here; this place is, indeed, a huge blessing to me, and others.

When and how did you actually accept Christ? I was raised Episcopalian, too, but waited until I was 40 to be born again.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:08 PM

Kurt, thank you for being so open with us and sharing your testimony. Please know that you can feel safe here, knowing that you will get honest responses from those who've been in the Lord for decades and would love to help you grow in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. All of us here have our struggles, and we would love to help you in whatever way we can in order for you to grow in God's grace.

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. (2 Peter 3:18 KJV)

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 01-11-2009, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

to: Here Am I,
Truthfully, my acceptance of Christ happened when I least expected it. It did not happen overnight. It was a learning process. In 2006, I started searching for myself at first, instead of Christ, because at this time I did not understand the point of having religions. I had embraced more of a liberal, 'feel-good' attitude and decided inside my head that Judaism and Christianity were very similar. I also thought about Islam and their doctrines. As stubborn as I was, I impatiently thought all religions each had a piece of the key that leads back to God, yea even evolution, karma, Taoism, etc.. I didn't understand why religion divided people. I thought it was supposed to bring people together. So, unconsciously thinking, I told myself and others, 'why not put them all together!' Just like the New Age Spirituality thing going on! I was beginning to hate the conservatives and embrace a liberal agenda.

In 2008, I started attacking the absurdity of existing religions, declaring that we need to communicate better, come together, regardless of your religion. I researched extensively for Truth and landed into sites that shows false christs and false prophets; yea even Herbert Armstrong and Robert Wildhelm had the strongest hold on my mind. This time I focused on Christ(in a selfish way) and went back to church in 2008. At this point I felt that I knew who Christ was, boy was I dead wrong! I didn't even notice my arrogant and prideful attitude! I stopped going to church in mid-2008. I wandered around, working jobs, sort of knowing Christ must be real but not being very acceptive of it. I just read the NIV at this point, skipping a lot of stuff. It was not until I saw those websites I mentioned earlier, in late 2008, that revealed to me about which Bible version was correct. BTW I don't know how I found those websites, I just happened to stumble upon it, unconsciously. As I read, I got so shocked, I compared verses, then read KJV of John, Matthew, and some Proverbs. I could not believe how ALIVE the words were: I felt a gentle slow whisper, I felt my heart to calm down, I ate the words up slowly, one by one. At this point I was overcome by excitedness, my feelings just had to burst out; I could not contain it. I stood up, looked up, with my arms out, and said, "THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN'T DO, GOD!!! OH THANK HEAVEN JESUS IS FINALLY REAL!!!" Then I prayed over and over with such fervor and hastiness how wrong I was to doubt.

That's pretty much what I remember, I'm just surprised how hazy and quick the last few years have been, my gosh, a walking zombie wasn't I!!!! It just shows how downright dangerous new religions are beginning to get right now.....It really is that SEDUCTIVE, itchy ears, itchy ears!!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Default Re: "New member!"

Aloha Kurt,

I also want to add my voice to those who have already welcomed you to the AV 1611 Forum.

I praise God that He led you to search out the "which Bible" issue, and hope that you will now, (and always) "search the Scriptures" for the answers to all of life's issues.

There are quite a few really fine folks on the Forum and a whole lot of Bible issues to explore.

May the Holy Spirit always guide you in your search for the truth!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:33 PM

Thank you, Kurt, for sharing that.

One thing I love about reading other people's testimonies, is seeing how many different ways God will draw someone to Him: not everyone gets saved at revival or in a tent meeting. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Saviour while in my bed, just me and Him, no priest, no preacher. I know of a friend who accepted Christ while on a plane, flying to Japan.

There's nothing 'typical' about born again believers. Ain't God great???
Old 01-13-2009, 10:42 PM

welcome, Kurt!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:27 AM

Welcome Kurt, I look foward to getting aquainted.