Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
That's a good answer. I wondered if this is also applicable.
1 Corinthians 15:53-58 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
We do not always do the works of Christ because we are still mortal and corruptible beings. Not just our body of flesh, but our minds, emotions, and wills. Is this your understanding of 1 Corinthians 15:53-58?

Aloha brother Forrest,

I'm in agreement with you and believe it goes even further.

In regards to our "substance" {Body, Soul, and Spirit}

Our flesh is "weak". [Matthew 26:41; Mark 14:38]
Our soul is engaged in continual "warfare" from "fleshly lusts". [1Peter 2:11]
Our spirit can get "filthy". [2Corinthians 7:1]

In regards to our "faculties" {Heart, Mind, and Conscience}

Our heart is deceitful (from birth) and can become full of evil, madness, and wickedness,. [Jeremiah 17:9; Ecclesiastes 9:3; Acts 8:22]
Our mind can become "not right", blinded, corrupt, and defiled. [Mark 5:15; Luke 8:35; 2Corinthians 3:14, 4:4; 2Corinthians 11:3; 1Timothy 6:5; 2Timothy 3:8; Titus 1:15]
Our conscience can become weak, seared, defiled, full of "dead works", and even evil. [1Corinthians 8:7, 8:12; 1Timothy 4:2; Titus 1:15; Hebrews 9:14; Hebrews 10:22]

There is only one "fix" for the mess that we (Christians) are in.

It begins with the written word i.e. The Scriptures {The Bible = Gods words}:

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Psalms 119:16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

Psalms 119:42 So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.

Psalms 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

Psalms 119:101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.

Psalms 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Psalms 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

Psalms 33:4
For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

It ends with THE WORD Incarnate {The Lord Jesus Christ}:

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

1 Corinthians 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

The trouble with us (Christians) is we do not have a "love of the truth" [2Thessalonians 2:10] and because we do not love the Lord, as we should, we fail to take advantage of the many things (gifts and abilities), that are freely given to us, in order for us to overcome the world, the flesh. and the devil.

As I have said before (In regards to our "walk" in the Lord in this world) - It all begins with the heart:

Hebrews 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-14-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Amen, God is so good to put up with us even though we have this stinking, rotten, disgusting flesh to put up with! I know I wouldn't have patience with a perfect man, let alone myself; I just thank God for His mercy and grace that He supplies every day. Without Him, I would be NOTHING!
Old 12-14-2008, 09:50 PM

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Forrest,

I'm in agreement with you and believe it goes even further.

In regards to our "substance" {Body, Soul, and Spirit}

Our flesh is "weak". [Matthew 26:41; Mark 14:38]
Our soul is engaged in continual "warfare" from "fleshly lusts". [1Peter 2:11]
Our spirit can get "filthy". [2Corinthians 7:1]

In regards to our "faculties" {Heart, Mind, and Conscience}

Our heart is deceitful (from birth) and can become full of evil, madness, and wickedness,. [Jeremiah 17:9; Ecclesiastes 9:3; Acts 8:22]
Our mind can become "not right", blinded, corrupt, and defiled. [Mark 5:15; Luke 8:35; 2Corinthians 3:14, 4:4; 2Corinthians 11:3; 1Timothy 6:5; 2Timothy 3:8; Titus 1:15]
Our conscience can become weak, seared, defiled, full of "dead works", and even evil. [1Corinthians 8:7, 8:12; 1Timothy 4:2; Titus 1:15; Hebrews 9:14; Hebrews 10:22]

There is only one "fix" for the mess that we (Christians) are in.

It begins with the written word i.e. The Scriptures {The Bible = Gods words}:

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Psalms 119:16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

Psalms 119:42 So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.

Psalms 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

Psalms 119:101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.

Psalms 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Psalms 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

Psalms 33:4
For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

It ends with THE WORD Incarnate {The Lord Jesus Christ}:

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

1 Corinthians 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

The trouble with us (Christians) is we do not have a "love of the truth" [2Thessalonians 2:10] and because we do not love the Lord, as we should, we fail to take advantage of the many things (gifts and abilities), that are freely given to us, in order for us to overcome the world, the flesh. and the devil.

As I have said before (In regards to our "walk" in the Lord in this world) - It all begins with the heart:

Hebrews 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Amen, brother George. Thank you, that was a blessing. There's an answer for EVERY SINGLE aspect of our lives in that Bible. Why won't people read it.? No matter how hard it's preached on, no matter how you stress to people the importance of reading the Word of God, the vast majority of "christians" will not read their Bible.