Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:54 AM

Brother George,

I didn't see the url on your public profile. But you gave enough info in your post to link me to http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/THE...HE%20BIBLE.htm I will say that this is looking like a great article. Truly the book of Job is a giant of a gem!

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-20-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Thanks George for that added blessing. I knew about the contemporariness of Job and his friends with Noah and Shem. but it sometimes good to see it afresh. I am sure it blest everyone else too.

Just a reminder. The things I have been sharing are not doctrinal, and have little scriptural support(there are some). we have to stretch ourselves in dwelling into these things. so as long as we remember if we disagree with God he is always right. these things we discuss are not for babes in the word but for mature Christians willing to know the height, width, the breath and depth of things the Lord has revealed but doesn't say much about in scripture. this is for fun. But God is to be glorified.

So enjoy dwelling into the things of God. Just don't knock each other and remember not to make it a doctrine.

Aloha brother Chette,

I agree with you 100%. We have to be careful that we don't alienate each other over issues and matters that are very difficult to prove {because of a lack of Scriptural information or lack of "spiritual understanding" on the part of one (or both!) of the brethren engaged in a debate}.

I believe as you do about the creation, but I will not debate over the issue. I believe in a pre-tribulation rapture of the church, but I will not debate the issue. I believe in the church of God as being more than just a "Local" Church, but I will not debate the issue. {I will state my position, but not engage in lengthy arguments over these matters}.

These are all issues that are very difficult to deal with either because a lack of Scripture (Creation & the "mechanics" thereof) or in the case of the "rapture" and the "church", because of the fact that they are both "mysteries", hidden from man and not revealed until God revealed them to the Apostle Paul. And they are still "mysteries" to most of mankind and many genuine Christians.

I am a tee-totaler, but I will not condemn a brother who has a glass of wine with his meals. I don't celebrate Christmas, but I don't judge a fellow Christian who does. From 1973 - 1998 we home schooled all of our children, but I do not judge a brother if he sends his children to a government school. I will not be a member of a church that is "incorporated", but I do not judge Christians who are members of "incorporated" churches.

There plenty of issues where I will judge a matter and contend for the faith; but I try real hard to deal with the "weightier matters", and not get bogged down in issues that lead to division.

The following are some of the issues or matters of doctrine where I will contend and/or defend "vigorously" {These are the major issues which are the basis of our faith and upon which we can fellowship}:

1. The Inspiration of Scripture (Of the words of God - NOT just the "originals")

2. The preservation of Scripture
(That God has preserved His words through His people - the Jews 1st. & the Christians 2nd.)

3. The divine revelation of Scripture
(That Scripture is Gods words for mankind)

4. God
(The Triune Godhead as presented in the Bible)

5. Satan
(As an existing being – The father of evil)

6. Angels (As existing)

7. Devils (Evil spirits as existing)

8. Creation (The Biblical account)

9. Man (As possessing three parts – a Body, a Soul, and a Spirit)

10. The Soul (As existing and being 1 part of the 3 parts of man)

11. The Spirit (As existing and being 1 part of the 3 parts of man)

12. Evil (As Existing - The Biblical concept of)

13. The Heart (As the seat of a person’s thoughts, imaginations, affections, will, etc.)

14. Sin (The Biblical Account of the fall – The sinful nature of all mankind.)

15. Redemption (All of mankind’s need for Salvation)

16. Signs, wonders, miracles (As recorded in the Bible)

17. World wide Flood (The Biblical Account)

18. Division of Mankind (Into three basic races: Shem, Ham, and Japeth)

19. Accountability (That individuals are responsible for their own actions – not society.)

20. Judgment (That a time will come when God is going to judge all of mankind.)

21. Heaven (As a place of Eternal Life with God)

22. Hell (As a place for Eternal Punishment.)

23. Hebrews – Jews – Israel (As being God’s earthly chosen people.)

24. Jesus Christ: (As the Creator of the world and the universe.)
(As to his Incarnation – Miraculous Conception & Birth)
(As being the bodily manifestation of the Godhead.)
(As being the fullness of the Godhead bodily.)
(As the Jews [Hebrews] Messiah.)
(As the one and only Saviour of mankind and the world.)
(As Rising from the dead.)
(As the Head of the Church – which is His body here on earth.)
(As the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.)

25. The Blood Atonement (That Jesus Christ’s Blood paid the price for sin – sins.)

26. Born Again (That a person needs to be born again in order to enter into the Kingdom of God.)

27. The Church (Christ’s Bride – The Pillar and Ground of the Truth.)

28. Marriage (God’s Institution – Between one man and one woman.)

There are plenty of Biblical issues to defend, or contend for, but those that I have listed are the "Major Issues", upon which we all should be able to fellowship around.

To think that any of us has a complete "understanding" of the Scriptures is not wise. If we can find Christians that are of "one mind" on the issues listed above, we should strive to have fellowship with them, and avoid, if possible, divisive topics. {Unless we are able to "discuss" them decently and in order, and without rancor.}

I have some very close Christian friends who do not agree with me on some matters, but we agree on all of the issues listed above. This Forum is a testimony to Christian love and tolerance in that there are some real fine brethren with whom we may disagree (the "rapture"; "gap" or no "gap"; "Local" church vs. "Universal" church, etc., etc.).

I struggle all the time with "balance" in my life - contending for the faith, without being a Pharisee or "doctrinaire". I know that the following is absolutely true and imperative:
John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

The trouble today is, that it sometimes is very difficult for me to discern WHO my brother in Christ is! Paul speaks about false brethren: "in perils among false brethren" [2Corinthians 11:26], but they are extremely difficult to identify (especially on a Forum such as this) and I don't want to accuse someone of something unless I am sure of who, or what they are.

I thank God for this Forum, not only because of the edification I have received from some of the brethren here, but also because it has given me an opportunity to form friendships with Christian brethren from around the world - whom I would not have known if it were not for this Forum.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I thank God for this Forum, not only because of the edification I have received from some of the brethren here, but also because it has given me an opportunity to form friendships with Christian brethren from around the world - whom I would not have known if it were not for this Forum.
Amen to your post brother and AMEN! to that last statement, all Glory to God for fellowship of those truly abiding in Christ and waiting on his return.

God Bless
Old 09-20-2008, 05:41 PM

I agree Brother George,

I stand for all those as well.

It was when the gap or no gap thread started I wanted to get all involved in answering some questions to help them see there are things God gives us a little scriptual support to let us know the there was something that took place prior to the 6day creation. if they want to call it a gap then ok. but not to become divisive over it and call each other names and classify them as heretics. As it seemed some have.

if they answer the questions then they could see that they might have to leave some matters to God. many did not answer any question posted. they just wanted to argue over a general term that covered all events within the firmament and a specific event on the second day.

I suppose they didn't try to answer because they have their hearts settled. and that is ok. as Paul said let each man so be convinced in his own heart.

Amen
Old 09-21-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Your original question asks why the second day wording is different.
Tim,
I never asked why the wording was different.

I asked, Why doesn't God say that that which was created on the second day was good? refereing to the firmament.

the wording is clear. he does not call the frimament made on the second day nor any event of the second day good.

the absence of that implies a lot. and only a mind willing to see into the things which God has revealed will understand.

your mind is renewed in Christ, by the word of God, you have the power to ask and answer and it will not be confusing. you can not understand my questions or statements because you are reading into them certain preconceived ideas, feelings, emotions and expressions I have not placed there.

from your Gap or No Gap posts I can conclude your mind is made up on the issue on not beleiving in a gap theory. but we are not dicussing that here. You brought your gap prejudece into this thread with a closed mind to anything that might shed light upon your dark and void thinking that all who believe in a Gap support Evolution and I nor other Gap beleivers believe in evolution.

try dropping your preconcieved ideas long enough to learn something. I am not trying to convert you to a Non evolution gap theory, I am trying to get you to see that more goes onthan meets your eye of understanding.

blessings bro.

Last edited by chette777; 09-21-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Addendum to my Post #32

So sorry - I missed "The Second Coming"! And I'm sure that there are a few more major issues that are worth "contending" over.