Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Hey Brother Tony, thanks for that. But what I also meant by that statement is that of course we don't NEED a high IQ to be spiritually discerned, the simplest of minds can be used for Gods glory through his Holy written word. Solomon was blessed with wisdom no man has ever matched or ever will, but what was his final position with God before he died? He led Israel into Idolatry, his wisdom made him "worldly" and his heart was turned away from God by his wives.

1 Kings 4:29 And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore.

1 Kings 10:23 So king Solomon exceeded all the kings of the earth for riches and for wisdom.

God Gives him wisdom beyond measure of any man that was to walk the earth (except the Lord Jesus Christ)

Proverbs 1:2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;

He acknowledges and exclaims! That God is the one behind his wisdom

Proverbs 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Proverbs 2:7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.

Solomon also realises that to gain wisdom, a healthy FEAR of the Lord must be understood

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Proverbs 15:33 The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

My point is this
Solomon IN ALL HIS WISDOM ended his days with his heart "turned unto other gods" and before a righteous God, his heart was NOT perfect.

1 Kings 11:4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

Whats a sad picture that is, this man, blessed with so much wisdom and understanding it turned him AWAY from God. Now I truly do believe that Solomon was of course saved, we only have to read Ecclesiastes which is a beautiful book, but his "wisdom" was his downfall. The end of the Book of Ecclesiastes reads.... (Bold emphasis)

Ecclesiastes 12:8-14 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity. And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs. The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth. The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd. And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Always remember the words of Bob Jones Sr.: You and God constitute a majority.

Grace and peace brother

Tony
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-14-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Always remember the words of Bob Jones Sr.: You and God constitute a majority.

Grace and peace brother

Tony
Good words! I try to remember that whenever I have to do something far beyond my own ability and talent. I have been truly amazed at how much God can do with so little!
Old 05-16-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainPaul View Post
Good words! I try to remember that whenever I have to do something far beyond my own ability and talent. I have been truly amazed at how much God can do with so little!
Same here brother. When we reach that limit, turn it over to Him, as brother Tim's signature states, when I rely on Him, He is always reliable.

Grace and peace to you

Tony