Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2008, 07:23 AM
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by evstevemd View Post
I have dominion over sin by the power that resurrected Jesus(Holy Ghost)!
You are not sinless by any stretch of the imagination - you sin everyday.

Quote:
If I sin and repent not I loose salvation and count blood of Jesus unholy thing.
1) How fast do you need to repent before you lose your salvation? How much sin is acceptable to God before you are lost again? Even pride is a sin, lustful or foolish thoughts, doubt, worrying - like everyone else, you have sinned in these areas - are these any more acceptable to God than outward sins? No, in fact He seems to be more against spiritual sins, sins of the heart (as they will eventually affect the life). How about your words? Have you always spoke edifying words to the brethren, ever lost your temper, ever judged someone's motives?

Quote:
So no eternal security unless you do the will of God.
Well, this passage states you cannot ALWAYS do the will of God - you are still a sinner, with a sin nature in you - if you deny that you are calling God a liar and deceiving yourself.

1 John 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 2:1-2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

If even a just (saved) man can sin, then every single saint should have lost their salvation somewhere along the way because they have all sinned after they got saved. How much sin will God tolerate before He casts you aside? He states He chastises EVERY child of His. He speaks, spanks, scourges, and then separates by death (which is His last step - taking them home to Heaven).