General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:15 PM

Rbratt,

The Word of God is a person, and the word of God is written scriptures. the one is a person of the Godhead the other is the scriptures to gives us light in this world during the absence of Jesus Christ. 1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. King James Version is one of the only two versions that carries this verse, the newer NKJV now has that verse in place. Also he gives every believer the Holy Ghost, another person of the Godhead, to help them learn the scriptures John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. If Scriptures are difficult to understand it could be your flesh, the world, the Devil, or you are not a true beleiver and have not been given the Holy Ghost. Iam not saying you are not a true beleiver. But sometimes people have beleived the wrong thing or did some form of work and therefore don't have the Holy Ghost because he is only given to those whom have beleived on Christ by Grace through faith apart from any works. Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Scriptures are written manuscripts placed into one volume we know as the Holy Bible sometimes refered to as His word, Gods word and the word and others forms of these. these scriptres are not the originals by any stretch. No one in our day as far back as the year 300 has ever seen an original New Testament document, and no one as far back as Judges ever saw an original Old Testament. all they had and all we have are are copies and fragments of copies.

we beleive however that God being true to his word will preserve all his word in its entirety. that is all his promises to judge the wicked, bless the righteous and give us life and blessing in Christ Jesus. Jeremiah 36:23 And it came to pass, that when Jehudi had read three or four leaves, he cut it with the penknife, and cast it into the fire that was on the hearth, until all the roll was consumed in the fire that was on the hearth. Here we have a man cutting out a pages from a Bible most likely a copy and burning them. but we still have that pages in our Bibles today. this was done by God in some way preserving the scriputres so that our Bibles are complete and whole.

the only book that has not had scriptures changed, added or removed. the only Holy Bible that has faithfully translated and transliterated when necessary, the only Holy Bible that has been honest enough to show us where words were added so the translation would be clear. Is the King James Authorized Version of 1611 and it's edited versions that followed.

I am not a versed on the subject but George is and on his site www.thywordistruthkjv.com i think that's the name, he has some information on the scriptures you can read.

Blessings.

Last edited by chette777; 09-03-2008 at 09:44 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbratt View Post

Its not that I think you are lying. Maybe its my understanding of Jesus Christ as the Word of God and not a printed document that is the problem?

By the way, this has been an issue for me for a long time. My family just said "we don't know the answer, it's just what we believe" and that is why I came here.
Lo the volume of the book is written of me, that is the beauty that is being robbed from you.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Doxa

Default My thoughts

When I looked through this topic, I wanted to share...
Isn't it amazing (at least for me) that movies that are Christian based, and when some of these actors lovingly hold the KJV in their hands, they trust it.

Isn't it amazing that I see that years and years ago, people trusted their Bible, and how over the years most people have changed to trusting the old manuscripts instead--a real change had taken place in the attitude? My eyes have really been opened. English reading folks have trusted the KJV for centuries.

And as the Bible says, look at the Fruit and test the spirits. I don't mean to twist the Scriptures, but it --- Hummm, it has got me to thinking...has anyone really researched the fruit and spirits of those that really trusted and lived by the King James Bible?

I would venture to guess that it produced a lot of good fruit.

Hummm, I need to check into this.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxa View Post
When I looked through this topic, I wanted to share...
Isn't it amazing (at least for me) that movies that are Christian based, and when some of these actors lovingly hold the KJV in their hands, they trust it.

Isn't it amazing that I see that years and years ago, people trusted their Bible, and how over the years most people have changed to trusting the old manuscripts instead--a real change had taken place in the attitude? My eyes have really been opened. English reading folks have trusted the KJV for centuries.

And as the Bible says, look at the Fruit and test the spirits. I don't mean to twist the Scriptures, but it --- Hummm, it has got me to thinking...has anyone really researched the fruit and spirits of those that really trusted and lived by the King James Bible?

I would venture to guess that it produced a lot of good fruit.

Hummm, I need to check into this.
Aloha Doxa,

Your interest in the "fruit" of the King James Bible is a sure sign that you are sincerely wanting to know "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth".

There are many books and biographies written about the men who were responsible for the greatest missionary period in church history (1700 - 1900 - Preachers: Whitfield, Wesley, Spurgeon, Moody, etc. / Missionaries: Goforth, Judson, Carey, Paton, etc.) Look up their names - there's plenty more.

Brother Peter Ruckman has written about many of these men in his two volume church history and in some of his other books.

Between 1700 - 1900 more souls were won to the Lord Jesus Christ than at any previous time in church history. Hundreds of Missionaries scattered throughout the world (enduring hardship, persecution, and even death) to spread the word of God and win people to Christ. And the interesting thing about this period of time? - They all used only ONE BIBLE, never "questioning" its accuracy or authority, just believing and obeying it. (A sharp contrast to today's Christians with their multiple "per-versions".

The issue is NOT the "message" of God; or just solely "the Gospel" (without any concern for ALL of God's words - A person can find the Gospel in a Chick Tract, but that doesn't make a salvation tract a "Bible"). The issue is simply - What is the Christian's FINAL AUTHORITY?

Do we look for God's Holy words amongst the thousands of manuscripts? Do we look for God's word amongst the nearly 200 English "versions" put out by Publishers since 1881? (Which begs the question - Why so many "bibles" in English only?) Do we (like all good Humanists) just decide, by "personal preference", which bible either "sounds" right; or "feels" right; or is "easier" to read; which "bible" we are going to accept as "our" bible?

Having spent thousands of hours studying this issue (beginning in 1968 up to the present) I can assure you of one thing, and that is, if you read church history (almost any church history) and the biographies of those past saints, you will see God's approval of, and His blessing the many missionaries that hazarded their lives for the word of God (when all they had was the HOLY BIBLE (later known as the "Authorized Version" and then still later - the "King James Bible").

The King James Bible "critics" have never been able to satisfactorily answer the question of WHY (if the King James Bible has so many supposed "errors" in it) did God so abundantly bless the "use" of it - like He has no other "bible" since?

Your on the "right track" - keep studying and searching. God will assuredly bless your efforts.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbratt View Post
Certain members of this community have already basically called me the Devil because I have real questions and am not afraid to ask them here.

My problems and concerns are valid FOR ME, and is why I am here asking. I don't think I have said anything derogatory about the KJV of the Bible. And you won't unless I really mis-word something badly.

Ok, there is a good starting point. What is the true menaing of the Scripture? The message of salvation, right? So what difference does it make if I think Jonas was swallowed by a whale or a fish? I believe he was swallowed, and in the belly for three days. I believe God accomplished His works the way he said. Lets start with this and I will try to go from there. Maybe I started out with too many questions at first. This seems to be the heart of the matter for me.
rbratt. I think it is in order that you get yourself a copy of at least a couple good books that really lay out the whole issue well. Depending on your desire to know the truth I'd either suggest either Dr. Thomas Hollands "Crowned With Glory" or Floyd Nolen Jones' "Which Version is the Bible". If you like the brutal truth, the kind that is likely to rub most folks the wrong way, then I'd also get "New Age Bible Versions" by Gail Riplinger (don't say I didn't warn you).

But in all honesty, nothing beats praying.

James 1:5-6 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

With a mind fully assured that God is in the business of answering prayers, ask the Lord to guide you into truth and understanding, and to give you His Wisdom on this issue. His Word is Truth, and He IS faithful to guide you to it and in it.

Mercy unto you, and peace and love, be multiplied,
Stephen
Old 09-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Doxa

Default Dear George

Greetings George,
Why thank you so kindly for such a great message.
I totally agree with what you wrote.
I think it is awesome what God divinely orchestrated regarding the protection and timing of His Word from handwritten to print and when and how, so that we might believe.
Thanks so much.
God bless you in Jesus' Name.