General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

View Poll Results: Which name should the King James Bible have?
Authorized Version 3 33.33%
Authorized Version
3 33.33%
King James Version 2 22.22%
King James Version
2 22.22%
King James Authorized Version 1 11.11%
King James Authorized Version
1 11.11%
Other (Please say) 3 33.33%
Other (Please say)
3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2009, 11:57 AM

I personally don't use 'KJV' as much as I use KJB or AV. I guess that's because I read once that MV users changed KJB into KJV just so that it can match with RSV, NIV, ASV, etc. (as if KJV is just 'another translation')
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-19-2009, 02:41 PM

Thank you very much brother Brandon for fixing the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns215 View Post
I personally don't use 'KJV' as much as I use KJB or AV. I guess that's because I read once that MV users changed KJB into KJV just so that it can match with RSV, NIV, ASV, etc. (as if KJV is just 'another translation')
I heard that too. I heard how the modern version users changed the name from Authorized Version to King James Version, just so it could be another version (which praise God it isn't). If I had my own Bible printing press, I would put Authorized Version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789
If anyone needs/wants to know who Authorized the translation... they can open up the front of the Bible and read the "Epistle Dedicatory".

Often it confuses several new/baby Christians when they think that a British King translated a Bible... and the Romanists/Jesuits still to this day love to insult the Authorized Version when they sneer out of their mouths: " King James' Bible ".
Brother, I agree you with here. If people get confused about who authorized it, they should check the "Epistle Dedicatory". While I do use King James Bible, I'm actually a little weary to use the name for the reason you pointed out. I'd much rather use Authorized Version, or at least King James Authorized Version.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, and you can feel free to agree with me or not.

Last edited by Rolando; 05-19-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:42 AM

Default Good Poll Question.

Hello Rolando! It's good to see you doing some thinking. { Sooo many folks are more concerned with how they "feel", or "what miracle can I get today" , and actual using of the brain cells is rarely done. }

Since you are a newer believer, I have often wondered about how you were doing in your walk... especially since you live in N.Y.C. ( a town not known for Holy living ) , and also you said your family is R.C. --- Things can sometimes get lonely. Keep focused on the things of The Lord. There are several things that will help you.

{ If you know these things already, then good } There are 31 Proverbs. Try reading one each day... maybe at breakfast or at dinner time. Unplug the Phone cord from the wall. If you need more quiet- go into a room nobody else is in and read. Give a listen to some hymnal/psalter music via an online site like Cyber Hymnal... they have the printed words and the audio of the tune - thataway, you can sing along with it. There is so much bad stuff called "music" that can really give you wrong thoughts and is far from helping a young man to follow Christ.

Listen to some good radio broadcasts like "Thru the Bible Radio" with J.Vernon McGee . Good solid stuff. Dr. McGee's motto was "Take the cookies outta the cupboarb and put 'em down where the kiddies can get 'em ". Basic Christianity... one book of the Bible at a time. { His "southern drawl" may take some time for your New York ears to get used to but after awhile I'm sure you'll want to " Get on the Bible bus", where the "rubber meets the road" Look at the T.T.B. website for a radio station near you .

Keep on -keepin' on ! Like the main characters in the book titled "Pilgrims Progress" [ "Christian" and "Faithful" ] stay on The Path.... as they head toward "The Celestial City".
Old 05-20-2009, 04:47 AM

Good day!!!

If my both hands can vote, I'll cast for the "Authorize Version" and the "King James Version", and still vote for the "King James Bible". They are the same but my heart points to the same old "King James Version".
Old 05-20-2009, 06:40 PM

I say KJV and in the Chapel I attend of about 150 members,Iam the only person there with a KJV.The only one!!..my eldest son got convicted that The KJV was the true word of God and him and his wife went and brought new KJV's together and they are now back in Canada...so I'm "it" by myself.

My KJV Bible has caused big stirs,people feel free to openly confront me for using my Bible at church and in Home Study group.I STAND MY GROUND AND SAY "THIS IS GOD'S WORD!!!!.. HOW DARE YOU CONFRONT A CHRISTIAN WOMAN FOR READING THE WORD OF GOD." ..they shutup.Then talk about me behind my back,who cares,not me.

MrsHayseed