Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Bro. Parrish

Default Susan Boyle's GOT TALENT!!!

They laughed when they saw her, but then they heard her sing.
Without a doubt, this is one of the best little videos I have seen in a while, this will bless your heart, enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-KiG...layer_embedded
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-17-2009, 10:05 AM

I watch this show when I visit my Grandmother on a saturday evening, and it was most certainly a shock to hear the voice that came from the lady, but it is certainly a lesson in not to judge someone on what they look like and many who laughed at the start were put in their place with her voice when she began to sing. She seems like a really nice lady but I don't like how she uses the Lords name in vain, but then its such a trend these days anyway (the OMG ) factor.
Ironic how many use the expression "Oh My God" yet they will not accept his Sons finished work on the cross.
We can only but pray for those who haven't accepted Christ.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Bro. Parrish

I love that video.
You can always tell it's going to be good when the standing ovation starts DURING the song...
Old 04-17-2009, 04:26 PM

I'm sort of glad for the lady, but I just detest those shows. At least that one isn't called somewhere-Idol, but its basically the same thing.
God sure gave her a talented voice, no doubt about that, I would have been moved had she given credit to her creator in front of all those snobby, worldly people.

The more one contemplates what God can do, the less impressed they are with what man can do.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Bro. Parrish

I hear you brother, and I agree---it would be much better if she would have cracked open a King James Bible, read a few verses and sang "It Is Well with My Soul" by Phillip Bliss.

Then again, I've never been impressed with snobby believers with a critical spirit either. And I have run into a few of those over the years...

I guess the thing I get a kick out of is how a little bit of talent can trump pedigree, good looks and money everytime.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 04-17-2009 at 05:26 PM.