Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
M, one thing I have learned is because someone says they are "KJVO" does not necessarily mean they are right. Charley Manson once stated the KJV was the correct Bible and we all know what he did. The violent and quasi-guerrilla Christian Identity Movement have factions who are KJVO. They seem to believe the weapons of our warfare are carnal ones, like bombs and shooting abortion doctors. I believe Eric Robert Rudolph was CIM. We must remember Charles Taze Russell, who founded the Watchtower, had nothing but a KJV to teach his twisted theology from for several years till Westcott and Hort came along with their corruptions.

I don't place much stock in Geocentricism or any other fringe research as this. I am not being cranky but ask, what do these fringe investigations have to do with the gospel of Christ? Steven Hawkins stated in a book back in the late 80s that examination of all distant bodies showed that they were moving away from the earth at an equal speed and direction, placing the earth as the central region of the Universe> I thought that was interesting that someone so high a profile as he would make that statement. Geocentricity was the doctrine of the Catholic Church in the Dark Ages till Copernicus demonstrated the fundamentals of motion for heavenly bodies.
I don't look at his Web-page and wonder because he is a KJVO, but I find it interesting because it is something I have never questioned before. I think, however (I don't mean to be rude) that calling geocenterists "fringe" is a little extreme. He has an article in one of his TBA .pdf files with quotes from atheist/evolutionist scientists that more or less concede that geocentricity is science (even though it destroys the IBBT [Inflationary Big Bang Theory]). And that is something to think about: if we can provide evidence for geocentricity, then we can discredit the Big Bang Theory, something for which evolutionists have no non-Creation alternative (other than the Steady State Theory, which is severely discredited and has been since the 70's).
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Bro. Parrish

But we do not need Geocentricity to prove or disprove anything.
We have the inerrant Word of God brother!
Evolutionists will not accept God on the basis of "evidence."
They have a heart problem, not an evidence problem.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind and Body View Post
I don't look at his Web-page and wonder because he is a KJVO, but I find it interesting because it is something I have never questioned before. I think, however (I don't mean to be rude) that calling geocenterists "fringe" is a little extreme. He has an article in one of his TBA .pdf files with quotes from atheist/evolutionist scientists that more or less concede that geocentricity is science (even though it destroys the IBBT [Inflationary Big Bang Theory]). And that is something to think about: if we can provide evidence for geocentricity, then we can discredit the Big Bang Theory, something for which evolutionists have no non-Creation alternative (other than the Steady State Theory, which is severely discredited and has been since the 70's).
I understand you are not being rude M, and please understand I was not demeaning your thread or your topic. My point is that we are soldiers for Christ, not scientists for Christ. Great men of science who were Christians, as Henry Morris and Louis Pasteur, their job, their livelyhood was science. Our whole purpose is to give the gospel to the lost so that His words can make them alive to Him.

Do you know I have a slight background in biochemistry? You have to in order to be a mortician as I once was. At the end of our DNA is a little enzyme known as a TELOMERE. It tells a cell when to divide and when the time for the cell to die has arrived. Each cell in your body divides 52 times, this is called the Hayflick Limit. Cancer cells don't have that. Did you know cancer cells, for all practical purposes, are immortal? As long as the host organism is alive, they are alive to continue to divide and spread. They CANNOT DIE as a normal cell dies, until the host dies. Cancer is a devious counterfeit of eternal life, one day we will be resurrected, or changed at His Appearance, and never die. Some may think this is a horrendous analogy, but we need to counterfeit those cancer cells and penetrate the body of the lost world, making new cells for Christ, who are then immortal and will never die.

The steady state theory was the predominant one for centuries. Recently, it's most vocal advocate was Sir Fred Hoyle. The Big Bang took over but is starting to crack around the center. What has "science" done? Rolled with the punches, now they have the theory that the Universe "oscillates". Bangs, expands, shrinks, bangs, expands, shrinks. This is the central theme of Hindu cosmology and religion. Evolution is a precept of the Hindu religion. Our children are being taught a religion against the Constitution's prohibition of it by a government entity. What has the ACLU done?

Don't hold your breath.

"Genesis is a myth..." Pope John Paul II, OMNI Magazine, Oct. 1981.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 04-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Bro. Parrish

Tony that is interesting about the telomere.

M&B, here is a thread I started a while back regarding evolution you might enjoy, God bless...
http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825
Old 04-13-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
But we do not need Geocentricity to prove or disprove anything.
We have the inerrant Word of God brother!
Evolutionists will not accept God on the basis of "evidence."
They have a heart problem, not an evidence problem.
But no evolutionist is a Bible-believing Christian, Brother, and if we can show them the scientific case for a Creator, we can then tie in Biblical truths, can we not? We can use science and the signs of the design therein, and then Biblically demonstrate that all signs point to Christ. This is the purpose of Creationist ministries.

Also, Bro., I think you'd be suprised about how well the average scientist is protected from hearing anything about any alternative for evolution. See, Darwinists (firmly) control almost all refereed biological scientific journals, and many of the people at Creation.com and TrueOrigin.org speak of having their research denied publication for a plethora of reasons. Which leaves places like CMI and AiG to publish their own journals, havens for YECs who wouldn't get published elsewhere, but what does the average scientist do if he picks up a Journal of Creation or an Answers magazine? He dismisses them as "Bible-thumpers" and tosses it in the trash. So it is up to Christians [predominately] to show these Darwinists the truth that they don't here elsewhere. Because they don't see evidence because they're (as well as the entire theory of neo-Darwinism) protected from scientific blows by the establishment; and they deride the Bible, we can lead them to Christ if we show the evidence to them.

Oh, and this is a link to the Geocentricity page: here.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
But no evolutionist is a Bible-believing Christian, Brother, and if we can show them the scientific case for a Creator, we can then tie in Biblical truths, can we not? We can use science and the signs of the design therein, and then Biblically demonstrate that all signs point to Christ. This is the purpose of Creationist ministries.
Well, your original comment was:
"if we can provide evidence for geocentricity, then we can discredit the Big Bang Theory."

The problem is, they will come up with another theory!
A good example of this can be seen in the Ben Stein movie called EXPELLED, when Stein interviews the popular atheist Richard Dawkins. (pretty good movie by the way, those who have not seen it can rent it at Blockbuster).

I agree with the need and value of Creationist ministries, (my own threads regarding evolution will prove this) however I'm not sure Geocentricity is going to make an evolutionist fall to his knees and repent. Many of the men on this forum don't even buy off on Geocentricity. The Big Bang Theory is not an excuse for unbelief. In the end, the evolutionist has been surrounded by much "God evidence" from his birth, and he has no excuse. (Romans 1:20) He CHOOSES darkness over light, regardless of what the fossil record shows. Atheists choose to ACTIVELY reject the God of creation (along with His evidence for creation) on a daily basis---it has more to do with their sin than their theories. Their HEARTS are controlling their minds (Proverbs 23:7), that's why I said they have a heart problem.

Quote:
Also, Bro., I think you'd be suprised about how well the average scientist is protected from hearing anything about any alternative for evolution. See, Darwinists (firmly) control almost all refereed biological scientific journals, and many of the people at Creation.com and TrueOrigin.org speak of having their research denied publication for a plethora of reasons.
No I'm not surprised at all I agree with you brother, and I am well aware of the "lock" on higher learning in the scientific community. A product of the public school system, I have debated and witnessed to so-called evolutionists for 25 years, and I do think all this debate has its place. I just don't think all creationists are in your Geocentricity boat, and I'm not sure Geocentricity is the best way to prove anything about science or the Bible!

I think there are MUCH BETTER arguments for a Creator without going to a subject which is going to split your Creationists down the middle. I already gave you links to Apologetics Press which was certainly not promoting the theory, here is AIG's (one of the world's most poplular Creation ministries) review of Geocentricity, they imply that it's "gobbledegook":
http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v...ism_review.asp
http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v...eocentrism.asp

The Institute for Creation Research (ICR) offers the following thought in their article:
"the Bible contains no explicit teaching on this matter."
http://www.icr.org/article/geocentricity-creation/

By the way, that same article from AIG also appears on the Creationist website you linked, and concludes by stating, "Creationists should distance themselves from even the best defense of geocentrism":
http://creation.com/geocentric-gobbledegook

Listen up: I'm not saying the theory is wrong, nor am I saying Bouw is correct. It just seems to me that Geocentricity is hardly the best ammo for a witness to an atheist or evolutionist. See my point?

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 04-13-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:47 PM

Alright, brother, you have your opinion, and I have mine. I just think that it would be an excellent example of God's cosmological preference of the earth if we could provide evidence of the earth's stability. One of the biggest attacks on Geocentricity that I've seen was the Creation Technical Journal's Danny Faulkner's article, but Bouw wrote a rebuttal that more or less lays out his whole argument. You could give it a look.

But we are all brothers in Christ, even if some are Gap Theorists, some are Progressive Creationists, some are (God forbid...) Theistic Evolutionists...although we can disagree with these people and have the Bible on our side, we can focus instead on reaching the lost and remember the security of our salvation and be kind to one another. My friend is a Day-Age Creationist (and a former Catholic) but now he is a great Christian. I know he's wrong, but Satan loves it when believers quarrel, because it prevents evangelism. We pass out tracts, we help out in our community, and are great friends. We need to focus on unity in Christ, and not just on scientific and interpretation issues. I've seen too many Churches break up because the preacher became an Old-Earther or an Armenianist or a Calvinist and people who disagreed would just leave. I've been a member of a Church...well, let's just say that I should have left when Jesus did, because He had left a long time ago! And it's always this kind of thing.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Bro. Parrish

I hear ya, that's why I stated back in post no 6 that I usually won't even argue about these issues. I have made it a point to politely rebuke some brothers on other forums who come in swinging and try to tell everyone else they are wrong, being all dogmatic about a theory or whatever. I'm not sure that being dogmatic on some of these things is edifying to the body of believers, because it can be very divisive and I think we need to pick our fights carefully. I think perhaps some Christians fall into a trap of sorts by thinking they HAVE to take a position on something like the Gap Theory or Geocentricity, when in reality it's just not that important to our core cause. So, I don't allow myself to get pinned down on it. But I agree with you that Creation Ministries are very worthwhile and I do enjoy many of those sites and what they bring to the table against the religion of evolution.