General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:18 PM
shaneslatts

Default Greetings from Florida

Hi, Just wanted to say that its great to be in the company of other Bible Believers.
I believe that the AV1611 is perfect, every word, every jot and tittle, from cover to cover.
I am a former catholic, and also a former Jehovahs Witness. I ws a "wittness" for about a year, back in 1989. I was SAVED in 1991 in Bible Baptist Church in Neptune, NJ( now gone).
I can say, as a former "JW' that the bible that JEWs hate the most, and ridicule is the KJV.
The main reason I left the JWs was over the bible itself, as they used multiple versions to "prove" their dogma. That just never made sense to me. I always believed that God had to be able to perfectly preserve His words somewhere. After I left the watchtower, I was left with alot of bitterness and anger at church in general, and the bible. At about the same time, my marraige broke up as well, and I was living in a tiny apartment in Ocean Grove, NJ. I used to watch alot of TV, and I would watch the "TV preachers". I was looking for truth, I guess.
One nite they had a "drawing men to Christ" TV show on, with Dr Ruckman. He was the first preacher I had evver seen who sounded like he ment what he said, and said that the KJV was the only real Bible. a few weeks later, I was on a church bus and on my way to an evening service where I got saved on June 7th, 1991
Again, Im happy to be here and to be associated with other Bible Believers!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-27-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneslatts View Post
I can say, as a former "JW' that the bible that JEWs hate the most, and ridicule is the KJV.
Hi slatts,

I was just wondering as a former JW, how and why did you come to know the Jews hate the KJV most?
I have a Jewish friend that said ALL translated bibles are commentary, but uses a translation by a guy named Everett Fox.
We all know that ALL English translations are just commentary at best, EXCEPT the majestic King James Bible!
Does anyone know about Fox's translation?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:31 PM

Welcome.
maybe the E in JEW''s wasnt intended?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:07 PM
shaneslatts

Oh dear, Im so sorry.....
I ment JW's, sorry for the typo
Old 08-27-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneslatts View Post
Hi, Just wanted to say that its great to be in the company of other Bible Believers.
I believe that the AV1611 is perfect, every word, every jot and tittle, from cover to cover.
I am a former catholic, and also a former Jehovahs Witness. I ws a "wittness" for about a year, back in 1989. I was SAVED in 1991 in Bible Baptist Church in Neptune, NJ( now gone).
The main reason I left the JWs was over the bible itself, as they used multiple versions to "prove" their dogma. That just never made sense to me. I always believed that God had to be able to perfectly preserve His words somewhere. After I left the watchtower, I was left with alot of bitterness and anger at church in general, and the bible. At about the same time, my marraige broke up as well, and I was living in a tiny apartment in Ocean Grove, NJ. I used to watch alot of TV, and I would watch the "TV preachers". I was looking for truth, I guess.
One nite they had a "drawing men to Christ" TV show on, with Dr Ruckman. He was the first preacher I had evver seen who sounded like he ment what he said, and said that the KJV was the only real Bible. a few weeks later, I was on a church bus and on my way to an evening service where I got saved on June 7th, 1991
Again, Im happy to be here and to be associated with other Bible Believers!
Aloha brother,

Welcome to the Forum. It was a real blessing to read your testimony. There are far to many preachers today that just don't seem "real", and normally their preaching and teaching is "dry as dust" or just plain boring, and on the other hand most of the TV & Radio preachers are so far out ("spaced-out") that you couldn't keep track of them with the "Hubble Telescope"!

There are quite a few "real" Bible believers on this Forum from all walks of life, with varied backgrounds, and different Denominations. Some of us have enjoyed some real fellowship with each other - around our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and around His Holy word.

It's always a pleasure to welcome another Bible believer to our ranks. Stick around.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:31 AM

Welcome, Brother,
I am in Gainesville. Are you near by?
Old 08-28-2008, 07:38 AM
shaneslatts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Welcome, Brother,
I am in Gainesville. Are you near by?
Yes Sir Brother, I live in Hawthorne
Old 08-28-2008, 09:41 PM

Wow, we are next-door neighbors! I have a daughter who lives about a mile or so west of 301 on Hawthorne Rd. I live in the middle of Gvl. My church is in between Hawthorne Rd and E Univ Ave where the two roads come together. (across the street from Fast Eddie's)

Where are you attending church?
Old 08-29-2008, 09:22 AM

I love the company of Bible believers also. I find this site to be very informative and its members try to explian their distinct beliefs with scripture. The only way to go. I sincerly hope to hear how we can learn to more effective in reaching the lost community which you were hap to be called out of. I am sure we will get to know each other more as time goes.
I just happen to be going to Fl. next March, I get to watch our Detroit Tigers in Lakeland. I will also get the chance to try and locate a couple of good churches. If you got any info that would be great. I get unlimited miles on my rental so I plan on using them.
Mike