Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:27 PM

Default The Sodomite Agenda

I've been having quite a few encounters lately with folks who think ill of me for my Biblical stance on homosexuality. This is not an issues I feel adequately knowledgable about, especially against those who attack me for what they believe is a mixing of religion and government. Have any of you had success, at all, in witnessing with people about the ultimate fate of those that practice this sin? I truly am concerned at the direction things are headed in America lately (I can't speak for other countries and the homosexual agenda there) and believe America is in for a rude awakening if things progress any further. When I grew up everyone knew being gay was a sin, even non Christians knew this. Are we truly entering the end of days where it shall be as it was in Lot's time? Is it futile for me to try to reason with people about this? I'm really confused. I feel like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I want to stand firmly, rooted in the Truth, but I also don't want to damage my witness by appearing to be hateful. Is there a balance to be found?

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-27-2008, 01:30 AM

Stand on the Word of God. the government can pass all the laws they want legalizing it. we have to accept it their laws because it comes with submitting to the higher powers that are ordained of God.

We don't have to agree with the world. and we can make our stand by not letting our children be exposed to it. and reaffirm the Biblical teachings to them concernig it.

A friend was entering LAX and was asked to turn his teach shirt in side out becuse it might offend some one. while a person with a t shrit saying "F*** It" was allowed to proudly where his teach T shrit around the Airport.

My friends t shirt said, "One man, One woman, True Marriage"
Old 08-27-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Stand on the Word of God. the government can pass all the laws they want legalizing it. we have to accept it their laws because it comes with submitting to the higher powers that are ordained of God.

We don't have to agree with the world. and we can make our stand by not letting our children be exposed to it. and reaffirm the Biblical teachings to them concernig it.

A friend was entering LAX and was asked to turn his teach shirt in side out becuse it might offend some one. while a person with a t shrit saying "F*** It" was allowed to proudly where his teach T shrit around the Airport.

My friends t shirt said, "One man, One woman, True Marriage"
Yeah, that is exactly what I'm talking about. I also believe that censorship of what these folks deem as "hate speech" is going to become more common place. What do you think our response to this should be? Should we continue to speak the truth in person and in tract form despite the consequences of imprisonment etc?

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 08-27-2008, 08:27 AM

The Gospel doesn't have anti-homosexual content it only say Christ dies in their sinful place and paid the price for their sins and that he rose again the third day. if they beleive that, their saved. if they think that when we speak of sin it means homosexuality then the Holy Ghost has convicted them. if they don't think that Homoseuality is sin they wont be offended.

Churches are considered private organizations if someone is offended when you teach through Romans 1. They don't have to sit there and listen to it they have the freedom to leave just like they had the freedom to come in. the Govt can't censor what you teach or preach inside your building as long as you are not stirring up people to hurt others.

Hate the sin not the sinner. even though Judas was a traitor Jesus still loved him and called him freind.

But if your in a public place and they banned anti-homosexual speech. Obey them and just speak of sin in general terms not pointedly and preach the Gospel of grace. for as christians we need to obey the governing authority that is ordained of God.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:33 AM

Recently here in my country, a politician lady spoke openly about homosexuality being an abomination of God and it caused widespread controversy, it was over a young man that was beaten up and while she was obviously concerned for the young mans well being, she did draw into light that the Bible says that being gay, is a sin, an abomination. She received a lot of attacks for this statement obviously, there was even a gay pride event here recently that ridiculed her and flaunted this terrible sin in front of a country, im sure it made the devil very happy. The one thing that Christians can learn from homosexual's is they never give up what they believe in, no matter how much people ridicule or hate them. They are so blinded by their sin Stephen that it is, as you say almost impossible to witness to them without it becoming damaging to you, spiritually. Let the Judge of all the Earth do right when it comes to these matters because its drawing close to the day when he will Deal with it, and Oh LORD I pray that some may find truth before that day comes.
Even so come soon LORD Jesus.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I've been having quite a few encounters lately with folks who think ill of me for my Biblical stance on homosexuality.
Stephen
Brother Stephen, I am reminded of Jesus' teaching. "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you" (John 15:18-19). And again, "Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you" (1 John 3:13).

Our calling is: "But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:" (Ephesians 4:15).

Chette's right. We simply need to obey Christ and sow the seed of His good Word. Preach Christ.

Keep your eyes on the Good Shepherd and He will guide you.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:31 AM

Default standing up for freedom

Many put emphasis on the fact that sodomy is an abomination to God. Which it is. How much of a fight some Christians put up it telling the world that these sinners put away that sin from their life without looking at the sin in ours. After having this debate many times with sodomites and natural people I came to realize and think of this the way I should look at sin in my life. Many will get up and fight and say we need to make laws against this because it is sin. I don’t see much of a battle over sin when their children are allowed to disrespect their parents at will. The punishment for this was death at one time. If your child was playing out front and you noticed them stepping on ants you would not be very concerned. If you walked out and your child was mutilating cats then you might have a few questions for them. The difference is how we value the sin. What is the punishment for not honouring your parents? What is the punishment for sodomy? Both will lead you to hell because they are both contrary to God’s will. We as natural man have temptations we are born with and temptations we bring on ourselves. The temptation to lie seems too often conditioned into children by parents when they ask things like “Did you get into the cookie jar?" while knowing the answer. Take a person with nicotine addiction. He was not born with that but even after he quits he will always have the temptation. I do not believe a person is born with sodomite temptation. Rather it is a conditioned temptation that only God can help them get over. Same as with many sins in my own life. What is the sin in your life that doth so easily beset you? We expect to see this sodomite completely repent and never go back to that lifestyle while we do not feel the same way about us. Let God forgive us all. Thank God for our forefathers who gave us freedom of religion. We no longer have to send our children to catholic school to be trained and given sacrament. I still feel that religion should be out of government establishments. That includes humanism. For the good of all we should strive. I don’t believe schools should be allowed to teach that sodomy is ok. Thanks to freedom I don’t have to. It was a Baptist preacher named John Leland, George Washington’s chaplain, who worked so hard and allowed us the Bill of Rights and guarantee full religious liberty and the distinct prohibition of the establishment of a church state. He felt that if you want to be a Mormon, you can. But let me and my house be taught Baptist doctrine freely. Thank God we can. And do so.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltfed_0331 View Post
How much of a fight some Christians put up it telling the world that these sinners put away that sin from their life without looking at the sin in ours.
Amen, Brother.

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all" (James 2:10).
Old 08-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Scott Simons

The bigger picture is harder to see if we focus on distractions.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:04 PM

These are all very good posts. I can't say I disagree with any of them. I think the issue that gets my feathers all ruffled is when I see videos on youtube or books in stores etc that promote that homosexuals were created that way, and that it is perfectly ok to be a practicing homosexual and a Christian. To me these folks are promoting nothing short of lasciviousness. These folks generally avoid the KJB for obvious reasons. Thank God for His Word, which is always a stumbling block for hell bounds.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen